opinions

Snatch Steal

I am more curious why you think I have a facade going, when you have no proof behind it or anything like that, which you have said yourself. To be honest, I'd rather sit down and dissect your (you doing the same to me) to either break these assumptions or find the root of them. If you want to, sure, let's actually talk. That's the one thing we haven't done.

the next tournament may surprise you

As for abusive behavior would you believe me that I tend to go case by case? It ultimately depends on a lot of factors that sort of blend together in my mind.

Including the "abuser" and "abusee" history, in general and with each other, the tone, the seeming intent, the word-choice, how targeted/specific it is, how frequent it is and what led up to it.

I'll be perfectly honest I can't perfectly make a "this is abusive" example because there's so much to think about. I'm much better at saying if something I see is or isn't.

...I know that's not helpful.

I am more curious why you think I have a facade going, when you have no proof behind it or anything like that, which you have said yourself. To be honest, I'd rather sit down and dissect your (you doing the same to me) to either break these assumptions or find the root of them. If you want to, sure, let's actually talk. That's the one thing we haven't done.

PM me if you wish

the next tournament may surprise you

As for abusive behavior would you believe me that I tend to go case by case? It ultimately depends on a lot of factors that sort of blend together in my mind.

Including the "abuser" and "abusee" history, in general and with each other, the tone, the seeming intent, the word-choice, how targeted/specific it is, how frequent it is and what led up to it.

I'll be perfectly honest I can't perfectly make a "this is abusive" example because there's so much to think about. I'm much better at saying if something I see is or isn't.

...I know that's not helpful.

Good to know

You got a pretty good read, man. And, for the record, I do believe that accomplishments determine worth. Well, at least I use them to determine my own worth. That's why I'm so loud about my cosplaying. It's something I worked ridiculously hard on, and unlike most of my endeavors, I'm quite proud of the results. The reason I say that post count, reps, etc don't matter is because, at least in my case, that's all just low effort sheet.

There are probably a few dozen posts I really am proud of, and a few hundred of my reps I feel are earned. For those curious, I am referring mostly to my sprite work, cosplay-related content, and maybe like 10 posts total in TCG.

As I'm sure you can tell, those aren't accurately reflected by looking at a few numbers on my profile. As a matter of fact, they are drowned out by generic responses to cards and reps from misc posts that I spat out in 5 seconds flat. My ideology is one of quality, not quantity. Me having made a ton of shitposts in between my bits of meaningful content does not elevate me above you, or at least it shouldn't. The reason I fight against the mentality that having some big numbers on your profile makes you more valuable or important is because I've seen that thought process tear people down. Hell, having the most reps even contributed to the absolute mental breakdown of a member in the past. They are a useful tool, absolutely, but placing more meaning in them than is due will only cause problems.

As for your final point, about me holding grudges, you might be surprised. I do my best to stay positive, especially when life is becoming more difficult for myself or those around me, but if you spoke to the handful of members who I have a personal connection to, you would know I am a lot worse at letting go of anger and pain than I let on, and certainly worse than I would like. While I let most things go, there are certain people I find myself unable to cease hating. I can recognize it is a flaw in myself, and do my best to overcome it, but for various reasons it manages to be difficult.

In any case, I really do wish you the best in working through your own internal struggles, and appreciate the thought you put into all these. It took a while, but you had some really clever insight into everyone.

[spoiler=post "holy sheet this post is big" edit]GC2oQEy.gif

Based on observation, you are a leftist. Since we have only coincided in debates, general, or status, this is exacerbated.

Yeah this isn't entirely true anymore. You can partially thank Hina for this. We had a few discussions that pretty much tore apart the foundations of my beliefs and made me rethink everything.

I came to very different conclusions as a result, and I'm coming to more by the day, independent of anything we're even talking about.

It's been a sobering experience and I'm a lot better off for it.

Archived