Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Tourmaline

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to apologize for my heated attitude towards new super smash bros games, both this one and smash 4. Every time a new super smash bros comes out I am subconsciously reminded of how according to the internet its very unpopular to like super smash bros brawl, which is my favorite installment even before I found about the unofficial mod support. Once I found out about that it became one of my all time favorite games.

I sure hope we get some MGR:R music since Snake is back. Playing Smash to Rules of Nature would be dope.

So this is something interesting, if King K. Rool absorbs a hit with the super armor on his ftilt, nair, and dash attack, his belly armor gets cracked and after the third hit it breaks, stunning him like a shield break. It heals over time, but in order for that to happen you can't use any of the three moves mentioned that use the super armor, even if you don't hit anything with them, as that slows the timer. Note that his belly counter is not part of this.

Note that I don't understand Spanish, so this is all from a second party describing how it works.

Also, I would love it if we could set the language options per character. I want Derpsbewoner!

This has probably already been brought up, but apparently the DLC fighters have already been chosen. I don't think anyone knows who they are going to be though at this time since I got click baited today by a video saying that the fighters had been chosen but the video was speculation about who might be in there rather then information.

edit: In before data miners figure it out ahead of an official announcement like what happend with Zeraora in pokemon.

Given the repeated rumor that Square Enix had another fighter in development (even though now I'm convinced it was one of many Geno bait rumors), I'm hoping that it takes one of the DLC slots. At this rate, though, given that Nintendo is taking the wheel instead of Sakurai, it'd probably be an inclusion from one of the other Final Fantasy games to get a Switch port (4, 6, 10, and 10-2 iirc- inb4 Yuna), or the Sephiroth announcement FF7 fans were waiting for, instead of Sora. Geno still seems highly unlikely, and it's why I never trusted the Grinch leak.

Another Zelda rep that isn't just Link would be amazing, and the most likely candidate is one of the Guardians (if not all four switching off Pokémon Trainer style to reuse code), but I wouldn't hold my breath tbh

Still disappointed that Street Fighter doesn't have a villain rep after the "heroes and villains" thing was brought up. Hoping for a member of Shadaloo, any member of Shadaloo. I doubt it, though.

Funnily enough, Namco gives them access to Soulcalibur and Tekken, and Soulcalibur 6 just came out, so Heihachi and Nightmare (the latter of which can have Siegfried as a skin a la Alph or the Koopalings) fanboys still have their chance to get their heart's desire.

Mostly, though, I'm looking for things Nintendo can promote. Recent releases, extra-hard nostalgia baiting, and hype maximization. Nothing particularly stands out in this regard, unless they're going to make a DLC character coincide with the upcoming release of Prime 4 or something.

Well the DLC isn't all just up to Nintendo, Sakurai did still say, "I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan." so it's not like he had no input. Piranha Plant of all things looks like a fun character, so I'm not really bothered over who we'll get.

My DLC hopes still include Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Heihachi Mishima, Dr. Eggman, and Travis Touchdown.

Mostly, though, I'm looking for things Nintendo can promote. Recent releases, extra-hard nostalgia baiting, and hype maximization. Nothing particularly stands out in this regard, unless they're going to make a DLC character coincide with the upcoming release of Prime 4 or something.

I've seen people bring up a Gen 8 Pokemon (assuming a November release next year I'm assuming the designs for them are far enough along that they can be handled like Greninja) and the new FE game for this very reason.

Sora, Bravely, or DQ character are most likely, if SquEnix.

But Vergeben said that, and he was pretty much 100% correct, so...

Also means this is the timeline where Steve from Minecraft is likely DLC.

Honestly, I don't know of many characters I would be actively disappointed to see make it, but Steve would be one of them. That being said, I would totally understand if they did included him.

My DLC hopes still include Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Heihachi Mishima, Dr. Eggman, and Travis Touchdown.

Phoenix is an interesting inclusion. The fact they got him to work for MvC means it could happen.

If I had to guess, I would say the rough roster would be...

Square Enix Rep

-Sora from Kingdom Hearts

-Bravely rep, because Bravely Third seems to be on the horizon.

-Dragon Quest rep, because Japan loves DQ.

-Not an Octopath Traveler rep, considering they probably don't want to single one out as the MC.

Fire Emblem Rep

-Heroes, if the seeming tie-in to Smash that Book III alludes to is legit.

-Three Houses, if the former isn't legit.

Kirby Rep

-Bandana Waddle Dee

3rd Party Rep

-Steve from Minecraft

Grab Bag

-idek

This is not a wishlist, just what seems likely, based on info we've been given from Vergeben/other leakers and what has upcoming games/lasting notoriety.

Phoenix is an interesting inclusion. The fact they got him to work for MvC means it could happen.

Well getting characters to work in a fighting game has never really been an issue. Smash already has plenty of characters who don't fight in their own series, like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Captain Falcon. The Ace Attorney series is entirely on Nintendo handhelds (with later mobile ports) but it's still somewhat niche. Phoenix himself might be iconic enough, though, and maybe it'd line up with the Ace Attorney game on the Switch that Capcom is planning (which was supposed to be late 2018 but we haven't heard news of it for awhile so I'm guessing it's been delayed to come out after the two compilation games coming to the Switch next year).

Archived