Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

Reptilious

Reptilious

Still don't know what my line was.

• Advanced Members
  • 836 posts
    Last Visit Aug 13 2018 08:46 PM
  • Spouse:ur mom

hm, the official website says there's 66 characters but they've only shown 65, which makes me believe there's at least one new character left. I hope its Spring Man.

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,832 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 11:59 PM

Well, given that Ganondorf gets a new broadsword in his kit (yet seems to retain the all-important Warlock Punch and Wizard Foot), I'm legitimately excited for what other possible changes can be a part of things.

Roy apparently brings Lyn in during certain attacks, Peach brings in Toad more often (and Daisy carries in fan-favorite Blue Toad), and transformation Final Smashes being cut out means that Lucario is getting a new one . . . again.

Weirdly, the entire Fire Emblem crew is apparently slightly faster, as are Sonic and Captain Falcon. Don't know if this is just them, or if Ultimate is WHAT IF SMASH BROS BUT F A S T, but regardless it's an interesting change.

If you look at the videos I linked before you can pick up on a bunch of tiny changes already.

I thought that too, but no, it is more likely that the Roy player taunted when the other person's attack missed and Lyn just attacked because she had been pulled from an AT.

I expect Lucario to keep his Mega, just how it functions will change.

If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Venipede, HA Ducklett, and/or HA Emolga in Gen 6? I'd be your best friend forever.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

Black

Black

Miracle of Healing

• Moderators

• 47,533 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

hm, the official website says there's 66 characters but they've only shown 65, which makes me believe there's at least one new character left. I hope its Spring Man.

Nah, it's 66.

65 doesn't include Echo Fighters, but it does include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as seperate bodies.

65 -2 Pokemon, +3 Echo Fighters = 66

You are an insane person and very creative.

Reptilious

Reptilious

• Advanced Members
  • 836 posts

Nah, it's 66.

65 doesn't include Echo Fighters, but it does include Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as seperate bodies.

65 -2 Pokemon, +3 Echo Fighters = 66

aah, ok

well, I guess that means nothing then

still want spring man

do it nintendo

do it

contest thingy

driving image

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,391 posts
    Last Visit Today, 04:57 AM
  • Alias:Shradow

lol, apparently it was actually leaked yesterday but no one believed them.

5iDXxKxmwu5K-r2dxoOouaBWviwDlJ04o44paYX6

Break the Rule And Do Image On

Yx32dEY.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,832 posts

aah, ok
well, I guess that means nothing then
still want spring man
do it nintendo
do it

Sakurai said to not expect a lot of new characters, but I'm still expecting a pretty decent group. The past numbers were +14, +18, +15(+4 DLC). Given that I feel 6 new characters (not counting echo) as the low guess with 10 as the high.

If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Venipede, HA Ducklett, and/or HA Emolga in Gen 6? I'd be your best friend forever.
cZx2XQg.png

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,391 posts

I gotta say, Ridley is definitely my favorite character aesthetically. The detail on him is just incredible: https://i.imgur.com/tKZ05eE.jpg

Obviously not quite as good-looking in-game as his high-res art or anything, but he looks fucking clean, dude.

Yx32dEY.gif

I s a a c

I s a a c

Crybaby

• Oblique Memory
  • 2,059 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:58 PM
  • Discord:Snatch Steal#8617
  • Spouse:~Spinny~

One of the things that’s weird to me that no one is talking about is Ridley’s side b command grab and his tippered down smash. The former does upwards of 30% by itself while the latter does 59% and freezes the opponent.

Sakurai does some explaining about Ridley but you’ll notice that his moves don’t seem to be balanced in terms of damage output.

Also it seems like nobody here watched the invitational or something

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 3540-2584-8783
Switch Friend Code: SW-7980-7917-0781

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ There is only Jon ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,182 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:38 PM
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

The detail on him is just incredible: https://i.imgur.com/tKZ05eE.jpg

Obviously not quite as good-looking in-game as his high-res art or anything, but he looks fucking clean, dude.

I agree, the detail there is amazing.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,391 posts

I really like what they did with Zelda and Sheik, too. TP Zelda is pretty and regal and all that, but she's admittedly a bit stiff. LBW Zelda is much cuter and more expressive. And with Sheik, her appearance being based off the stealth armor from BotW is cool.

Efxhikx.jpg?10tOE3G4.png?1

Yx32dEY.gif

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ There is only Jon ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,182 posts

I really like what they did with Zelda and Sheik, too. TP Zelda is pretty and regal and all that, but she's admittedly a bit stiff. LBW Zelda is much cuter and more expressive.

Ah yeah, definitely not to mention LBW Zelda will be able to show more personality. And I like that the decision to have Zelda/Sheik's outfits from 2 different games was a good idea.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Reptilious

Reptilious

• Advanced Members
  • 836 posts

so they showed stuff on Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers.

more importantly they said there is no wobbling

contest thingy

driving image

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,832 posts

One of the things that’s weird to me that no one is talking about is Ridley’s side b command grab and his tippered down smash. The former does upwards of 30% by itself while the latter does 59% and freezes the opponent.

Sakurai does some explaining about Ridley but you’ll notice that his moves don’t seem to be balanced in terms of damage output.

Also it seems like nobody here watched the invitational or something

I didn't catch the damage output for the side B, but the down B seems really hard to use. Either way, the game is still in development so those numbers can easily change.

I watched a bit. The Sheik vs. Snake match was legit.

so they showed stuff on Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers.
more importantly they said there is no wobbling

And the melee players riot.

cZx2XQg.png

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,391 posts

Yeah, the game's not done quite yet: https://twitter.com/...667538900512769

And I hear that the game is faster-paced with everyone being faster, as well.

Yx32dEY.gif

MetalSonic

MetalSonic

Desperate Sellout

• Elite Members
  • 2,191 posts
    Last Visit 14 minutes ago
  • Spouse:Sari Sumdac
Will this be on 3DS?

NeglectedAnotherDove-size_restricted.gif
Discord tag: Metal Sonic#4736

Shradow

Shradow

Funky Party Person

• Legendary Members
  • 20,391 posts

Of course not. Nintendo doesn't want to say as much, but the Switch is pretty much phasing out the 3DS, there's no need to develop separately for a handheld and console when you've got something that can do both. I imagine the games that were already in development for the 3DS when the Switch got started will be some of the last 3DS games. Note that there was nothing for the 3DS in their E3 direct.

Yx32dEY.gif

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,652 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:07 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

why are people not talking about Ridley basically being a SSBB MK  bulky clone

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~ There is only Jon ~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • 26,182 posts

Will this be on 3DS?

To add what Shradow said, you have to remember that hardware limitations on the 3DS was one of the reasons that the Ice Climbers weren't in Smash 4.

iVaujSV.png?1

33m8m1c.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,832 posts

why are people not talking about Ridley basically being a SSBB MK  bulky clone

What do you mean?

To add what Shradow said, you have to remember that hardware limitations on the 3DS was one of the reasons that the Ice Climbers weren't in Smash 4.

To add to that, it is also why Zelda and Sheik were split and why only Charizard stayed from the PT 3.

cZx2XQg.png

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,652 posts
    Last Visit Today, 01:07 AM
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

What do you mean?

To add to that, it is also why Zelda and Sheik were split and why only Charizard stayed from the PT 3.

In the gameplay they showed he executed multiple upsmashes, and has that tail strike that stuns. Couple that with a retarded recovery, and he can keep upsmashing you of the screen like MK's old up smash could

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users