Photo

[MTG] Wizards needs to stop putting holes in their own boat, AKA Dominaria leak.

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Super Moderators
  • 23,915 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago
https://magic.wizard...leak-2018-03-08

As it says, the Chinese version of the release notes released early. Since that was now out they decided to just put up all of them to make sure we don't have things mistranslated and what not.

I feel bad that Wizards keeps having leaks, the fact that it has been them a decent amount doesn't help.
cZx2XQg.png
FC: 0989-1906-1912

bury the year

bury the year

reach heaven through violence

• Senior Members
  • 9,623 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 10:54 PM
  • Alias:Rinne

Going to summarize mechanics here, without alluding to specific cards or characters (except for reprints).

Spoilers

dAx113Q.gif

decathlon challenge (4/10)

ephara, god of the polis {wip} • (dimir)(rakdos)(gruul)emmara, soul of the accord

(orzhov)(golgari) • tatyova, benthic druid {wip} • (izzet) • anax and cymede {wip}

President Frank Underwood

President Frank Underwood

#FU2016

• POTUS
  • 11,674 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 07:30 PM
  • Alias:Dan

Anyone mind if I post the leaked cards?

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 23,915 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago

Anyone mind if I post the leaked cards?

Just use spoiler tags if you do.
cZx2XQg.png

Delibirb

Delibirb

Murr' Chri'mas

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,604 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 02:16 PM
  • Alias:Kano, Kanokarob

These mechanics are very exciting, and having seen some of the spoiled cards' descriptions already, I am looking forward to a great set.

Interested to see the aesthetic changes to Legendaries and cards with flavor text.

The "equip to" is nice, helps keep text to a minimum on equipments that would otherwise need an extra line or two. Not a huge fan of "hexproof from" being a thing though. Yes it's a toned down protection, but why does there need to be a middle ground between protection and not?

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Pokemon Breeder

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 23,915 posts
    Last Visit 8 minutes ago

The "equip to" is nice, helps keep text to a minimum on equipments that would otherwise need an extra line or two. Not a huge fan of "hexproof from" being a thing though. Yes it's a toned down protection, but why does there need to be a middle ground between protection and not?

Because protection just does a lot of things and between not being able to target and the unblock able halves you end up with creatures that are super uninteractive for about 20% of the cards in the set. Then, because of how limited works, that is going to come up around 40% of the time.
cZx2XQg.png

Poc

Poc

Old Fogey

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
    Last Visit Yesterday, 08:58 PM

it's a real shame that probably one of the most anticipated spoiler seasons is out the window now. Good on WoTC for just biting the bullet and releasing the notes instead of trying to bury a shit load of poorly translated rumors. I'm still unsure about the line separating rule's and flavor text. I understand the purpose of it but It really breaks up the aesthetic of a magic card.

These mechanics are very exciting, and having seen some of the spoiled cards' descriptions already, I am looking forward to a great set.

Interested to see the aesthetic changes to Legendaries and cards with flavor text.

It's more of a cleaner way of having cards like Gaea's Revenge that have protection from specific card types of specific colors.It's just another step to streamline the rules and have more clarity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users