DNA Modification

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

DNA Modification
[Equip Spell]

Activate this card by declaring 1 Monster Type; the equipped monster becomes that Type. The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. If this card is in your GY: You can pay 1000 LP; add this card to your hand. You can only use this effect of "DNA Modification" once per turn.

On its own, card is fine. For the most part, you're probably just using this card to access monsters that require you to use another Type as material; the power bonus is just additional (but can be useful). I don't think there are any monsters that are tempting enough to run this card for its summon, but it's doable. Then again, another application would be to equip this to a Machine you control and not make it Fortress Dragon fodder or something on the opponent's end, so...

Second effect is fine, but you could probably lower the LP cost though, considering it is already locked with a hard OPT and doesn't do much except change Types and a small power bonus. 

There probably is a card out there that probably changes the type of a single monster. (Not sure if it is an equip spell or if one actually exists. one thing that comes to mind is DNA Surgery, which I guess is the main inspiration and theme of this card. )

Regardless though; I do have some thoughts.

While the type change and ATK bonus is nice; I feel like this card could use one additional effect. Perhaps add an effect that makes it interact with monsters with the new type it receives?

(Example being maybe you change the monster to Warrior; and it now cannot be destroyed by warrior? Or you could lower the LP cost cause 1000 is A LOT for a type change + 500 ATK.)

Archived