Prohibition [New OCG Text]

4497d709.jpg?resize=220%2C335

Prohibition
Normal Spell Card
(1) Apply these effects to all cards whose original name is the card name you declared. (This does not apply to card(s) that are already on the field before this effect started applying.)
• They cannot be placed on the field.
• They cannot be activated, nor can their effects be activated or applied.
• They cannot be Summoned or Set.
• They cannot attack, nor can they change their battle positions.
• They cannot be used as material for a Special Summon that requires materials.

[spoiler=Original TCG text]

gGuX6O1.png

Activate by declaring 1 card name. Cards with that name, and their effects, cannot be used. Cards already on the field are not affected (including face-down cards).

So OCG's version got an errata which is basically Necrovalley: Field Edition. This is also I believe the first card that restricts materials to any card type. Not sure when to expect this to come out in TCG.

Doesn't the errata now affect stuff already on the field unlike what the TCG one implies?
In any way, I am happy that this is finally defined. It probably already kind of was in rulings, but it is such a pain. It also seems pretty good. You can negate any key card preemptively, and if a deck doesn't function without it, it's gonna be fun. Something like Invoked might have a hart time starting without removal.

So in the anime, Yugi used a weird version of this card and painted Gold Sarcophagus on top of it. Neat.

Doesn't the errata now affect stuff already on the field unlike what the TCG one implies?

The condition in the beginning excludes cards already on the field tho, right?  Or am I misunderstanding your question?

• They cannot be used as material for a Special Summon that requires materials.

I am so happy from a card-making standpoint that this is now a thing.  There's now a precedent to use when designing.

Archived