Stage Magicians: The White Hat

Libracor

So the concept here is a group of stage magicians that abuse Setting and Flip effects to gain total control of the field. At the moment they lack any sort of ace card and don't have a decent win condition, but I'm working on that.

[spoiler=Monsters]

jNKxMvNl.jpg

2hMdZdul.jpg

6JxGYlAl.jpg

GolGISzl.jpg

uUQjlWTl.jpg

SKJla5Yl.jpg

hxaX1Lml.jpg

rdOQdGLl.jpg

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]

YFCzTqkl.jpg

qbGmAq9l.jpg

B32zR65l.jpg

3RhhaB1l.jpg

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

4gic4Wxl.jpg

Z67zt76l.jpg

Let me know what y'all think!

like the idea and execution for the most part but there are some wording issues, first in every instance where it says "Set this card" for monsters it should say "Special Summon this card in face-down defense position" because "setting" a card is a form of normal summoning, second when cards refer to other cards on the field as "set" it should say "face-down" as being set is an action not a state a card is in

White Hat and Marked Cards

should say reveal not pick up

White Hat and Magic Wand

if i'm reading this right what you meant was "When this face-up card if flipped face-down"

White Hat and Mysterious Chest

target not choose, also the graveyard is public knowledge so they don't need to be revealed, same thing as magic wand

Vanishing Act

i'm confused by the whole inappropriate zone thing cause the wording only applies to monster but this is my best guess "Change all face-down monsters you control to face-up (didn't say what they're changed to) position"

. . . Now You Don't

"Target one face-up monster you control, change that monster to face-up defense position"

White Hat and Caged Pigeon

it's effect to restore materials is kind of slow, maybe change it to being able to add face-down monsters to it's self as materials or have it put it's self face-down after running out of materials

The point of saying Set was that it was the same as the Monarchs' ability to Tribute summon multiple times and out of turn but still have it count as a normal summon.

For Vanishing Act it's meant to let you shuffle the actual positions on the Field like a shell game so your opponent doesn't know what's where.

For ...Now You Don't! the point was to make the monster 'vanish' by going face-down. Why would the effect place it in Face-up defense?

I'll probably speed up pigeon, I just realized that the ED monsters don't have listed materials.

All the other fixes seem reasonable enough to me.

The point of saying Set was that it was the same as the Monarchs' ability to Tribute summon multiple times and out of turn but still have it count as a normal summon.

For Vanishing Act it's meant to let you shuffle the actual positions on the Field like a shell game so your opponent doesn't know what's where.

For ...Now You Don't! the point was to make the monster 'vanish' by going face-down. Why would the effect place it in Face-up defense?

I'll probably speed up pigeon, I just realized that the ED monsters don't have listed materials.

All the other fixes seem reasonable enough to me.

in that case add in "In addition to your Normal Summon/Set" although for the ones that are doing it from the graveyard and (unlike opal-eyes) as an additional normal summon it doen't really make sense for it to be treated as a normal summon.

using the word position in that context is a bit confusing, i'd say something along the lines of switching zones

that was a typo, meant to say face-down, sorry

Archived