Best Anime OP [BAOP] Tournament - Round 3 Start!

Draconus297

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a bit faster than for what I was planning to do to work, but as far as I know, I'm not really that busy so... I think I can still manage to see all of this.

EDIT: Still don't know if editing a mention in gives a notification, but @@Draconus297

I think it's about time to get rid of the Accepting Submissions! part of the title.

Quick reminder that the first (of three, because 32 doesn't divide equally into 12) portion of Round 1 ends Friday morning. I'll announce which OPs have been knocked out, I'll drop tiebreaker votes if/where necessary, and CowCow will reveal 13-17 (which I made already, but were hidden) while I roll for the other 7 matchups.

Quick reminder that the first (of three, because 32 doesn't divide equally into 12) portion of Round 1 ends Friday morning. I'll announce which OPs have been knocked out, I'll drop tiebreaker votes if/where necessary, and CowCow will reveal 13-17 (which I made already, but were hidden) while I roll for the other 7 matchups.

For the record we might be changing the maximum to 8 (and encouraging multiple polls per thread) so if possible plan to have a couple matches in one thread for some of the threads just in case that happens.

If that changes before Wednesday of next week, it might impact my plans. Otherwise, the third part of Round 1 is going to be 8 matches only anyway, I intended to split Round 2 into 8 and 8 (it's more even that way), and from that point on there's going to be 8 or fewer matchups going on at any given time.

Per Nico's suggestion, however, I won't be doubling up. People might want time to consider OPs individually, after all.

Okay, guess we're delayed by a day.

Tomorrow morning, the next part of Round 1 will start! However, let's acknowledge the winners and losers in the 10 bouts we've already had!

1-1 saw Durarara!! speed to round 2 over Code Geass, 11-7

1-2 was pretty one-sided, Princess Principal taking down Space Patrol Luluco 12-2

1-3 was very close, Akashic Record edging past Another with a 6-5 win!

1-4 saw a dark horse instrumental take the win, Baccano taking down Naruto 11-6

1-5 saw Absolute Duo stride to victory over Azumanga Daioh, with a 9-5 final score!

1-6 was a very narrow victory for Gundam Build Fighters, taking out Cardfight in a 7-6 nailbiter!

1-7 was a very real reminder of how popular My Hero Academia is, sweeping Osomatsu-san 13-2

1-8 saw Aria the Scarlet Ammo miss the mark, with Log Horizon taking the win 10-4

1-9 had cute girls defeating mercenaries, as Anime-Gataris beat Jormungand 6-5

1-10 featured Kiznaiver taking a decisive victory over Blood Lad, 10-4

1-11 was a hefty stomp from Made in Abyss, knocking Gundam Build Fighters Try out 10-2

1-12 would have been a tie, but Freezing took out Naruto Shippuden on a coin-flip tiebreaker vote, 8-7

So, let's lock the threads, and I'll open up the other Round 1 matches soon!

Yeah, go ahead and do that now. I'll put the others up, although because I have things I'm doing they'll be links instead of embedded videos.

EDIT:

Part 2 of Round 1 is up!

Thanks for the help, CowCow.I've got all of Round 1 Part 2 up. Anyone who knows the remaining 16 might already be trying to make predictions on the remaining 8 matchups . . . but even I don't know.

Fun fact- among the OPs I considered in place of Red Fraction, but didn't add due to feeling they'd lose to anything and everything, were "ETERNAL BLAZE" (Nanoha A's), "Itsuka no, Ikutsuka no Kimi wo no Sekai" (Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou), and "Burn!!" (Arc-V's second OP).

4th is Warriors, it was the first DN song

I mean to nominate Overlap, guess I should have been clear

funk now i remember, DN used to autoplay the full ver of the song whenever you get to the login page. sheet's nostalgic. then they changed it to some stuff i forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJFQaBo4zA

like come on this is the manliest thing

funk now i remember, DN used to autoplay the full ver of the song whenever you get to the login page. sheet's nostalgic. then they changed it to some stuff i forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WJFQaBo4zA

like come on this is the manliest thing

Overlap has one of the best chorus of all the intros

"The believing heart penetrates the darkness,

searching for the place where its soul rests Its unblinking, sharp gaze gleams

The 2 hearts of light and shadow head toward the future reflected in the crystal

Now eyes brimming in red will fall into motion"

And later

"The heart believes in miracles, and the goddess of victory who came to greet it will defeat everything,

undaunted by the strong and powerful

The 2 hearts that continue to wander head toward an unfading world

Now overlapping eyes will shine"

Just that bit played on the Piano

I thought it was really weird that the only YGO series to get nominated was 5Ds, and the song to get added was the dub's theme, Hyper Drive. Each of the 5 YGO series were, as mentioned in the OP, considered separately, so we could have had Going My Way v. Warriors as a matchup, but we got a lot of variety instead.

I'm happy regardless.

Also, Winter, the tournament already started. You could get Overlap in next time, but you can check the current 64.

I thought it was really weird that the only YGO series to get nominated was 5Ds, and the song to get added was the dub's theme, Hyper Drive. Each of the 5 YGO series were, as mentioned in the OP, considered separately, so we could have had Going My Way v. Warriors as a matchup, but we got a lot of variety instead.

I'm happy regardless.

Also, Winter, the tournament already started. You could get Overlap in next time, but you can check the current 64.

No worries, it's my fault. I'll be sure to get their early next time

One day left to vote! The second part of Round 1 closes tomorrow, with the final third starting Wednesday night so that CowCow can embed the videos for me (I actually don't know how to do that).

The remaining 16, which are going to be in said end to Round 1, are the following:

"Die Flügel der Freiheit", Attack on Titan OP 2

"Sorairo Days", Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

"A World Without Logos", Hellsing

"Hyper Drive", Yugioh 5Ds dub

"Prism", Dennou Coil

"The Hero!!", One Punch Man

"High Free Spirits," Haifuri

"Chōmusubi Amulet", Soushin Shoujo Matoi

"Kakumei Dualism," Kakumeiki Valvrave

"Flyers", Death Parade

"Heavenly Blue," Aldnoah.Zero OP 1

"Fight Together", One Piece OP 14

"Tank!", Cowboy Bebop OP

"My Dearest", Guilty Crown

"POP TEAM EPIC", Pop Team Epic

"Daze", Mekakucity Actors

. . . Maybe I should have seeded this bracket after all. Several people have a significant chance of having two of their suggestions go head to head.

One day left to vote! The second part of Round 1 closes tomorrow, with the final third starting Wednesday night so that CowCow can embed the videos for me (I actually don't know how to do that).

. . . Maybe I should have seeded this bracket after all. Several people have a significant chance of having two of their suggestions go head to head.

So just to let you know the simple way to do this is not posting from mobile since usually Youtube links work but what I do to fix the issue is

Go into BBCodeMode

There will be two "links" one of which in "url" tags which you can remove (the tags and the link). And change the m. in the other one into www.

Also nah, it kinda sucks to have nominations face off but it also guarantees one goes through.

Alright, Cow, it's time to do some locking.

The results of this section:

1-13: Mob Psycho beat Ramen Noodles 9/3.

1-14: Tales of Berseria beat Cross Ange 5/3.

1-15: Re:Creators beat The World God Only Knows 5/4.

1-16: Beatless beat Darker than Black 6/4.

1-17: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood beat Bleach 9/3.

1-18: Soul Eater stomped Trigun 11/2.

1-19: Kill la Kill beat Seven Deadly Sins 5/3.

1-20: Black Lagoon beat Hajime no Ippo 5/2.

1-21: Zero no Tsukaima beat HotD 7/4.

1-22: Sakurasou and Death Note were tied, but my coin landed Heads, giving Sakurasou the win. 6/5.

1-23: Steins;Gate stomped Higurashi 10/1.

1-24: No Game No Life beat OG FMA 7/5.

EDIT:

And with that, a bunch of horrible mismatches and a couple relatively even ones closes out Round 1. If I'm not off on my guess, I'll be typing "stomped" a few times come Monday.

1-15: Re:Creators beat The World God Only Knows 5/4.

Damn, close one. The latter's so great, though.

1-18: Soul Eater stomped Trigun 11/2.

Aw, this makes me sad. I loved Trigun's intro.

1-23: Steins;Gate stomped Higurashi 10/1.

Okay, this is fair. Not fair, but fair.

Round 1 is now over! Here's the results from the final 8 matches, so CowCow can lock the threads:

1-25: Aldnoah.Zero beat Hellsing 8/4.

1-26: Guilty Crown beat Haifuri 8/3.

1-27: One Punch Man stomped Soushin Shoujo Matoi 9/2.

1-28: Gurren Lagann stomped One Piece 12/3.

1-29: Mekakucity Actors beat Dennou Coil 8/2.

1-30: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds beat Death Parade 8/7.

1-31: Cowboy Bebop beat Kakumeiki Valvrave 8/2.

1-32: Attack on Titan beat Pop Team Epic 8/5.

This means that, going into Round 2, here are the Top 32:

1. "Uragiri no Yuuyake", Durarara!! OP 1

2. "The Other Side of the Wall", Princess Principal OP X

3. "Blow Out", Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor OP X

4. "Guns & Roses", Baccano! OP

5. "Absolute Soul", Absolute Duo OP X

6. "Wimp", Gundam Build Fighters OP 2

7. "Sora ni Utaeba", My Hero Academia OP 2 X

8. "Database", Log Horizon OP

9. "Aikotoba", Anime-Gataris OP X

10. "Lay Your Hands on Me", Kiznaiver OP

11. "Deep in Abyss", Made in Abyss OP X

12. "AVENGE WORLD", Freezing OP X

13. "Mob Choir 99", Mob Psycho 100 OP X

14. "BURN", Tales of Berseria Opening Sequence X

15. "gravityWall", Re:Creators OP

16. "Error", Beatless OP

17. "Rain", Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OP 5

18. "Resonance", Soul Eater OP 1 X

19. "Sirius", Kill la Kill OP 1 X

20. "Red Fraction", Black Lagoon OP

21. "I SAY YES", Zero no Tsukaima OP 2

22. "Yume no Tsuzuki", Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo OP 2

23. "Hacking to the Gate", Steins;Gate OP X

24. "This Game", No Game No Life OP

25. "Heavenly Blue", Aldnoah.Zero OP 1 X

26. "My Dearest", Guilty Crown OP X

27. "The Hero!!", One Punch Man OP

28. "Sorairo Days", Gurren Lagann OP

29. "Daze", Mekakucity Actors OP X

30: "Hyper Drive", Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds dub OP X

31. "Tank!", Cowboy Bebop OP

32. "Die Flügel der Freiheit", Attack on Titan OP 2

Keep in mind that my randomizer program occasionally glitches out and just increases or decreases by 1 for a few rolls instead of actually rerolling, so pay close attention to the order. Can your favorite compete with the one directly above and/or below it? This fact is making me really anxious, because my remaining three are all RIGHT NEXT TO ONE ANOTHER, and bookended by Sakurasou and SOUL EATER.

Archived