RE: Flame Dragon and One Piece

Dad

One Piece has one of the most garbage-fire art styles I've ever seen in a professional animated series, and this is saying something. There are designs and anatomical choices made that go beyond any excuse of "Ehhh well, it's just the style" and look genuinely -awful-. I cannot stress enough how absolutely horrible that show looks, and how that's enough for me to never want to watch it or think highly of it.

CHANGE MY MIND.

One Piece has one of the most garbage-fire art styles I've ever seen in a professional animated series, and this is saying something. There are designs and anatomical choices made that go beyond any excuse of "Ehhh well, it's just the style" and look genuinely -awful-. I cannot stress enough how absolutely horrible that show looks, and how that's enough for me to never want to watch it or think highly of it.

CHANGE MY MIND.

Art style is a matter of taste, but yea, I actively rag on the anime. The anime has been actively painful to watch for a long time now.

Art style is a matter of taste, but yea, I actively rag on the anime. The anime has been actively painful to watch for a long time now.

There's art style, and then there are design decisions that will just look bad no matter what. One Piece is the latter.

One Piece's art style is weird and can be off-putting, but it's absolutely unrivaled in showing emotion. Blander artstyles almost always fall flat when it comes to evoking strong emotions. OP is a fun, active, chaotic series and its artstyle reflects that.

OP's main art problem is that there's way too much detail in some of its scenes. They're far too busy and it can be hard to keep track of what's going on.

Archived