[CYHO] Demise support

DemiseRuinHighRoyalty.png?zoom=1.5&resiz

CYHO-JP030 Shuuen no Haoh Demise / Demise, Supreme King of Armageddon

Level 10 DARK Fiend Ritual Effect Monster

ATK 3000

DEF 3000

You can Ritual Summon this card with “Endless of the World”.

(1) This card’s name is treated as “Demise, King of Armageddon” while it is face-up or in your hand.

(2) If this card was Ritual Summoned, Ritual Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

(3) If this card was Ritual Summoned using only Ritual Monsters, you do not have to pay LP to activate its effect.

(4) Once per turn: You can pay 2000 LP; destroy all as many other cards on the field as possible, and if you do, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each of their card destroyed by this effect.

CYHO-JP029 Hametsu no Bijin Ruin / Ruin, Graceful Queen of Oblivion

Level 10 LIGHT Fairy Ritual Effect Monster

ATK 2900

DEF 3000

(1) This card’s name is treated as “Ruin, Queen of Oblivion” while it is face-up or in your hand.

(2) If this card was Ritual Summoned, Ritual Monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.

(3) If this card was Ritual Summoned using only Ritual Monsters, it can make a second attack during each Battle Phase.

(4) If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to that destroyed monster’s original ATK

BreakTheEndless.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566%

ReturnOfTheWorld.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566

CYHO-JP057
Break of the World
Field Spell Card
(1) Once per turn: You can target 1 Ritual Monster you control; reveal 1 Ritual Monster from your hand until the end of this turn. That revealed Ritual Monster’s Level becomes the same as the targeted monster’s Level, until the end of this turn.
(2) Once per turn, if “Demise, King of Armageddon” or “Ruin, Queen of Oblivion” is Ritual Summoned to your field: You can activate 1 of these effects.
• Draw 1 card.
• Destroy 1 card on the field.

CYHO-JP056 Endless of the World
Ritual Spell Card
This card is used to Ritual Summon “Ruin, Queen of Oblivion”, or “Demise, King of Armageddon”.
(1) Tribute monsters you control, whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon, and Ritual Summon that Ritual Monster from your hand.
(2) During your Main Phase, except during the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can shuffle this card from your GY into the Deck; add 1 “End of the World” from your Deck to your hand, then, you can add 1 “Ruin, Queen of Oblivion”, or “Demise, King of Armageddon” from your GY to your hand.

CYHO-JP072 Return of the World
Continuous Trap Card
You can only use either this card name’s (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) When this card is activated: Banish 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck.
(2) You can send this card to the GY; activate 1 of these effects.
• Ritual Summon the Ritual Monster banished by this card’s (1) effect, by Tributing 1 monster you control or have in your hand, whose Level exceed or equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon, OR shuffle 1 Ritual Monster from your GY into the Deck instead of Tributing.
• Add the monster banished by this card’s effect to your hand.

DemiseRuinYoung.png?zoom=1.5&resize=566%

CYHO-JP028 Shuuen no Akuma Demise / Demise, Fiend of Armageddon

Level 4 DARK Fiend Ritual Effect Monster

ATK 1800

DEF 1000

(1) This card’s name is treated as “Demise, King of Armageddon” while it is face-up or in your hand.

(2) If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can destroy 1 face-up monster.

(3) If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 face-up Ritual Monster you control; while that monster is face-up on your field, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to your Ritual Monster Effect activations.

CYHO-JP027 Hametsu no Tenshi Ruin / Ruin, Angel of Oblivion

Level 4 LIGHT Fairy Ritual Effect Monster

ATK 1700

DEF 1000

(1) This card’s name is treated as “Ruin, Queen of Oblivion” while it is face-up or in your hand.

(2) If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can activate this effect; this card can make up to 2 attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase this turn.

(3) If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 face-up Ritual Monster you control; while that monster is face-up on your field, if a Ritual Monster you control declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects.

(Topics have been merged into one as no responses have yet been made on them.)

Oh my god the younger versions of Demise and Ruin are so god damn precious, although them being level 4 is kinda... odd, though I guess it's because they're meant to work with Deviritual Candoll. Also themselves, as it's a nice touch that they're "if" effects to be used as fuel for the other, or with Talismandra for a Supreme version.

All in all, I genuinely did no expect Demise/Ruin support, but I am freaking loving them. Oh, it's also fabulous how Supreme Ruin protects herself from Demise's nuke.

Although, Endless of the World's (2) effect only works with the OGs, so that's really not too helpful when I'm pretty sure the OG's only purpose was ARA into an OTK with Doom Dozer, or something like that.

(Topics have been merged into one as no responses have yet been made on them.)

Oh my god the younger versions of Demise and Ruin are so god damn precious, although them being level 4 is kinda... odd, though I guess it's because they're meant to work with Deviritual Candoll. Also themselves, as it's a nice touch that they're "if" effects to be used as fuel for the other, or with Talismandra for a Supreme version.

All in all, I genuinely did no expect Demise/Ruin support, but I am freaking loving them. Oh, it's also fabulous how Supreme Ruin protects herself from Demise's nuke.

Although, Endless of the World's (2) effect only works with the OGs, so that's really not too helpful when I'm pretty sure the OG's only purpose was ARA into an OTK with Doom Dozer, or something like that.

I split em up by 3s cuz when you have a ton of cards on topics, they tend to get overlooked. I guess it's sorta fine cuz they're the same archetype though

The chibi versions kinda kill the theory that Demise and Oblivion are related to North and Garlandorf given Demise and Oblivion  were "always" Demise and Oblivion

So then, I knew this would be coming eventually, but I made Archetypes for these two a long time ago, and now they finally get their own. I made sense, they were the two Ritual Monsters that seemed to be perfect, so let's take a look.

Demise, Supreme King of Armageddon, well it's a boosted version, the only real downside is that it's 2 Levels higher, but that's not a problem with the Devritual support, as well as cards like Ritual Raven. Good stuff really

Ruin, Graceful Queen of Oblivion, tons better than her original version, the card effect protection is wonderful, much more ATK, and you get an extra effect damage as well.

Break of the World, strange. I suppose the idea is to get out the originals, and then the new ones? Not sure how much reason there is for that really, seems a bit odd. I guess it can be used in other Ritual Decks too, though that is a pretty strange choice to me.

Endless of the World, well I suppose you have no reason not to run End of the World now, nothing more to say, just a good card for them.

Return of the World, what an odd card, but I do like that you can use it in any Ritual Deck, and it's basically a slower Ritual Monster searcher. The shuffling is what does it for me though, that is such a nice thing for a lot of Ritual Decks that only focus on a single monster to be able to get it back to the Deck that easily.

Demise, Fiend of Armageddon, hm interesting, so you get to avoid any effects that activate in response, getting rid of the field without worrying. Would prefer had it activated, but suppose you need a way to not worry too much.

Ruin, Angel of Oblivion, doesn't seem too great, it's on monsters, it only has 1700 ATK, and its last effect seems meh, why wouldn't it just do the same as the other one?

This card’s name is treated as “[original card's name]” while it is face-up or in your hand.

Is this new text? When it came to name conditions, it always specified that the card should be either on the field or in the GY to gain that name, but now it just says face-up. That means the name condition applies to field, GY or banished zone, as long as it's face-up? This is interesting.

This card’s name is treated as “[original card's name]” while it is face-up or in your hand.

Is this new text? When it came to name conditions, it always specified that the card should be either on the field or in the GY to gain that name, but now it just says face-up. That means the name condition applies to field, GY or banished zone, as long as it's face-up? This is interesting.

Could just be their translation, I don't remember them changing anything.

Could just be their translation, I don't remember them changing anything.

Right... Cyber Dragon Link Monster has "face-up or in the GY" in its translation.

Ugh... that means you can only use Ritual Spell's Graveyard effect with the original Demise monsters.

Right... Cyber Dragon Link Monster has "face-up or in the GY" in its translation.

Ugh... that means you can only use Ritual's Graveyard effect with the original Demise monsters.

True, though it means you can use the original ritual you add to summon them ... nevertheless I would prefer they act that way in the grave, rather than if face-up.

Truth be told, one only needs demise to fullfill that condition and would never run the original ruin.

As for the cards themselves:

The new improved versions of ruin and demise are alright, usable (though I wish ruin's additional attack would be swapped with the additional burn, so she could still do it if summoned with the new ritual helpers).

The new ritual spell is definitely useful and encourages teching the original demise, alongside pre-preparation of the rites.

The trap is a 1-card ritual summon, which can enable the additional effects of the enhanced versions of demise and ruin.

The field spell sounds lackluster, it only really boosts an inferior strategy of ritual summoning with rituals on one's field, wasting an awful lot of resources in the process.

The level 4 versions are plain awful, the only tolerable one is the demise one, due to ensuring a demise board wipe ... if it does not get stopped before that.

I love the artwork of Level4 Ruin. If only their Ritual Spell was anything like Kaleidoscope to try funny things with Arc Light.

The Cont. Trap may be 1 turn slow, but it could be nasty with Rituals with on-Summon effects that you can drop during the opponent's turn, namely Nekroz Trishula.

[spoiler=first reaction to the new rituals was]

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Overall, this is some really good support though. and return of the world, and the tiny demise/ruin are just generic enough to work well alongside other ritual decks.

The field spell sounds lackluster, it only really boosts an inferior strategy of ritual summoning with rituals on one's field, wasting an awful lot of resources in the process.

The level 4 versions are plain awful, the only tolerable one is the demise one, due to ensuring a demise board wipe ... if it does not get stopped before that.

not quite,

"You can target 1 Ritual Monster you control; reveal 1 Ritual Monster from your hand until the end of this turn. That revealed Ritual Monster’s Level becomes the same as the targeted monster’s Level, until the end of this turn."

the field makes the ritual in your hand, the same level as the one on your board, meaning if you have 2 ritual monsters in hand, (say for example, the level 4 and the level 7/10 one) and you have a big enough ritual on board, you can boost the weaker one's level, and tribute it alone for the bigger monster. it's actually really good for saving resources. in combination with the second effect, it can actually help swarming pay for itself. 

the level 4 of demise, if tributed for demise gives you an unblockable nuke. and in the case of the level 10, said nuke wouldn't even cost anything so long as it's summoned using ritual monsters. i'd call that decent value, and if done using the field spell, you can potentially lower the cost of said summon as well.

as for the level 4 of ruin, well ,you may have missed a line

"If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 face-up Ritual Monster you control; while that monster is face-up on your field, if a Ritual Monster you control declares an attack, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects."

it turns every ritual monster you control into an armades. if that's not good value, then i'm not sure what is. this is on top of the fact that both of them do not even have to be tributed, and do not miss timing. no matter how they're sent, so long as they're sent to grave, their effects can activate. so long as you control a ritual monster. and both of said effects are generic.

not sure about you, but cyber angel ruin is definitely something that i can see becoming a thing down the line. free armades effect, and a burn for every swing, in combination with the cyber angels own effects going off when tributed. there are some serious threats coming down the line when these cards drop.

Archived