Toon Support

Ultimagamer

Since legendary duelist ancient millennium, where toons only got 2 reprints in the set, toons haven't received new support in a long time. It would be neat to see more nostalgic cards based on classic anime cards. 

( one thing I don’t write on the cards is specifying manga ryu-ran, who has received an errata saying it’s always a toon card, as shown on the database / wikia )

Toon Celtic Guardian

Level 4 / Earth / Warrior / Toon / Effect

1400 attack / 1200 defense

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control “Toon World” and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: you can add 1 “Toon” card from your graveyard to your hand.

Toon Legendary Fisherman

Level 5 / Water / Warrior / Toon / Effect

1850 attack / 1600 defense

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control “Toon World” and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. While “Toon World” is on the field, you can normal summon this card without tributing. While “Toon World” is on the field this card is unaffected by spell effects that are not “Toon” spell cards you control and cannot be targeted for attacks.

Toon Jinzo

Level 6 / Dark / Machine / Toon / Effect

2400 attack / 1500 defense

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control “Toon World” and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Trap cards your opponent controls, and their effects on your opponent’s field, cannot be activated. Negate all trap card effects your opponent controls on their field.

Toon Flame Swordsman

Level 6 / Fire / Warrior / Toon / Effect

1800 attack / 1600 defense

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control “Toon World” and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. While “Toon World” is on the field you can normal summon this card without tributing. When this card inflicts damage to your opponent: destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Toon Catapult

Trap - Continuous

Once per turn: You can tribute 1 Toon monster in your hand or on your field; special summon 1 Toon monster other than the tributed monster from your graveyard or deck ignoring it’s summoning conditions. If you control “Toon World” Toon monsters you control can attack during the turn they are summoned, but if you attack this way, you must pay 500 lifepoints to declare an attack with those Toon monsters, also if you opponent controls a Toon monsters, they must target that Toon monster for their attacks. These effects do not apply if they were summoned during a different turn that they attacked.

I like the Normal Summon without Tributing mechanic on your higher Level monsters, and Toon Catapult is a really good card, even with OPT or HOPT, of which it is missing both (right now it can cycle through all your toons in your Deck without restriction), but the rest of the set is underwhelming. Toon Mirror Shield is a little helpful for defending, when you don't want to take damage even with Toon Kingdom, however, considering the main mechanic of Toons is attacking directly, it kinda renders that void. Your other monsters are decent techs, I guess, but at the moments Toons such because of how slow they are, both at getting out their monsters and actually using them, even with their current consistency cards. This support fixes none of that, despite how well you have Toonified some monsters.

I like the Normal Summon without Tributing mechanic on your higher Level monsters, and Toon Catapult is a really good card, even with OPT or HOPT, of which it is missing both (right now it can cycle through all your toons in your Deck without restriction), but the rest of the set is underwhelming. Toon Mirror Shield is a little helpful for defending, when you don't want to take damage even with Toon Kingdom, however, considering the main mechanic of Toons is attacking directly, it kinda renders that void. Your other monsters are decent techs, I guess, but at the moments Toons such because of how slow they are, both at getting out their monsters and actually using them, even with their current consistency cards. This support fixes none of that, despite how well you have Toonified some monsters.

I hope you enjoyed my moon mirror shield pun :D. Looking back on it probably not the best for this archetype

anyway, yea I completely forgot to opt that trap card, gonna do that quick, and maybe try adding something else to it as well, somewhat of a call back to the original toon design

edits*

removed Toon Mirror Shield

changed Toon Catapult

Archived