Separating Tunnels

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Separating Tunnels
[Field Spell]

Monsters can only attack other monsters that share the same column. While there are no other monsters in a column, a monster in that column can attack directly.

While you may be able to take advantage of this, so may your opponent. I don't see this card boding well. Personally, I'd say that if there are no monsters in the corresponding zone, the monster should be unable to attack. Especially since it's easy to add with Terraforming. The rest of the effect is fine. It's just giving free direct attacks that sounds dangerous.

• 2 weeks later...

Konami did try to make the column mechanic worth something in MR4 with the introduction of Links (and stuff like Magibullet, Weather Painters, Jack-Knights, etc), but it kinda flopped. 

The idea is interesting, but without cards like Senet Switch (or whatever CDIP printed that dealt with column moving) or internal effects, yeah, it does lead to more direct attacks if you can't block stuff. IIRC we had stuff like Alien Infiltrator, Storm Shooter or whatever that could move themselves around, but...who played them? It does make you reconsider where to place your monsters though, yes, but Links already do that for the most part. I would say to have monsters be targetable only in that column too, but that could backfire fast in terms of removing a problematic monster. 

I don't think this card would see much play, but that could probably change if Konami revamps the column thing to be more workable (with new better cards or something).

Archived