Where are all the old topics going?

Catterjune

And now a haiku

For this poor lost dead section

Where did topics go?

... But seriously, I was looking for my old Arena 2 fanfic and I can't seem to find it. I saved it in my sig but there doesn't seem to be a way to navigate to it unless you know to click on my sig. What the funk is going on here? Why is our hard work disappearing? And if you do want to get rid of it to make way for the new:

a) Make sure you have something new because otherwise this already dead section looks even worse

b) Tell the authors where you're moving their stuff to. I saved my sheet in my sig. Other people may not have. If I was an author and I cared about my story and it got spirited away I'd be livid.

They are here. This section is clearly visible from this CW subforum, so I really see no issue.

This is the subforum for asking stuff like this. Posting there is much more likely to yield attention from staff, rather than making threads like this here.

I'm not staff, but I think it was a simple enough query that I could handle it. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me, or probably someone who actually has authority.

Now that I look again....I'll have Zai rename the [DEMOLISHED] threads to w/e the titles they were before. That part was for a Halloween thing and it seems to have been forgotten about.

But anyway yes what parenthesis said. However that specific thread seems to still be in "Creative Writing". I think Archive might be for older things than that

I checked and if you update the filter to "Show All" there are more threads.

Basically there's a limit to how far back the default front page goes.

I believe, like RP, the limit is set to 60 days.

I can totally change the limit...I think, to extend to longer than that. Though to be clear it's possible as is to change filters person by person. Just not the default.

Fake news. Moderator gives correct answer later on. You get an A for effort though!

Disagree. I got my question answered and it was more to show off my handsome haiku!

I checked and if you update the filter to "Show All" there are more threads.

Basically there's a limit to how far back the default front page goes.

I believe, like RP, the limit is set to 60 days.

I can totally change the limit...I think, to extend to longer than that. Though to be clear it's possible as is to change filters person by person. Just not the default.

That's dumb. Why did anyone think of doing that here? Does any other section have this limit on them as default?

Feel free to not answer I guess, since I got all the old fics back so it's w/e.

That's dumb. Why did anyone think of doing that here? Does any other section have this limit on them as default?

Feel free to not answer I guess, since I got all the old fics back so it's w/e.

I feel like answering anyway cause I found the setting in the admin cp.

I think the RP one was there to keep clutter since it's a section that it's important to have the actually active things most visible. It's super rare to get an RP that hasn't had a post in 2 months to become active again. Might be similar reason it was done here. Can't say for sure cause I have no idea when it was set. (Might've been since the option was there)

If you have any other questions let me know. Otherwise I'll probably lock this. Or if you think the setting should be changed make a thread in Comments and Suggestions to see what people think.

I'll try and see if I can find a reason it was set like this. Since different sections have different defaults.

If you have any other questions let me know. Otherwise I'll probably lock this.

Why? i want people to comment on my totally legit haiku. ;D

If you feel like locking it I won't really care... though I just don't see the point in locking it. Needless busy work for you and all that jazz.

Archived