(Written) Yūzai Henkō

A guilty power hunger villain will stand trial for their crimes and become a wicked cursed mask. He will keep being incarnated time and time again. Turing a ritual monster into a non-ritual monster then turning it back it to a ritual monster. Wiping out monsters of opponent and absorbing power to wreak terrible damage on its foes.

Ambition of Yūzai Henkō: Quick-Play Spell

Special Summon 1 "Yūzai Henkō" Ritual monster from your Deck or GY ignoring it's summoning conditions, it's original ATK and DEF is halved, it is not treated as a ritual monster and it is destroyed during the End Phase. During your Main Phase while this card is in the GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY; you can shuffle 1 monster or 1 Spell card in your hand into your Deck; add this card to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Ambition of Yūzai Henkō" once per turn.

Maskifaction of Yūzai Henkō: Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any 1 "Yūzai Henk1" Ritual Monster from your hand. You must also send Ritual Monsters from your field, hand or, Deck to the Graveyard whose total Levels equal the Level of that Ritual Monster. During your Main Phase while this card is in the GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY; you can shuffle 1 Ritual monster or 1 Quick-Play Spell card in your GY into your Deck; add this card to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Maskifaction of Yūzai Henkō" once per turn.

Mask of Yūzai Henkō: DARK/Level 8/Fiend-Type/Ritual/0 ATK/0 DEF

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Maskifaction of Yūzai Henkō". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Summoned: Banish 1 random monster from your opponent's Extra Deck, this card gain ATK equal to the banished monster's ATK or DEF and, add 1 "Yūzai Henkō" except "Mask of Yūzai Henkō" card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY; add 1 "Maskfaction" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. During your Main Phase while this card is in the GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY; you can shuffle 1 Ritual Spell card or 1 Quick-Play Spell card in your GY into your Deck; add this card to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Mask of Yūzai Henkō" once per turn.

Incarnate of Yūzai Henkō: DARK/Level 8/Fiend-Type/Ritual/3000 ATK/2500 DEF

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Maskifaction of Yūzai Henkō". Must be Ritual Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Summoned: add 1 "Yūzai Henkō" card except "Incarnate of Yūzai Henkō" from your GY to your hand. If this card is sent to the GY; you can place this card face-up in your opponent's Extra Deck. If this card is banished; add 1 "Maskfaction" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. During your Main Phase while this card is in the GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY; you can shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck; add this card to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "Incarnate of Yūzai Henkō" once per turn.

Can I suggest you put your stats on a different line to the title? It stands out more and is easier to read.

My main problem with the set, despite the interesting mechanics, is how open-ended it seems. You seem to be dabbling in quite a few themes with the cards, with Yuzai Henko mentioned as an archetype name, but then you have the archetype of one card in the Rituals searching out any "Maskfaction" card. Why not just search out the card by name? Making unnecessary archetypes (i.e. cards that are searchable) can have drastic effects on how card names are chosen later on. Of course, there's more than just the name; you have 2 Ritual Monsters for one Ritual Spell, which seems exactly the wrong amount. If you had 1 Ritual Monster, you could use Pre-Prep in tandem with it for splashing in a Deck, but 2 means it doesn't have the advantage of that, but is not prevalent enough to be playable as an archetype. Also, don't know why the shuffling to add on your Quick-Play is so generic, and your Ritual Spell has it as more restrictive but still oddly generic. If I'm honest, this set seems like it should be part of a much larger archetype, but with all the different effects thrown around, it is hard to get a picture in my mind on what said set should look like.

But this is all just flavour points, save of course for that Pre-Prep issue. Mechanically wise...your archetype is rather sound. I enjoy how you would use the Quick-Play spell to take out your monsters for their Summoning conditions, as that's not really something that has been done before. Don't know why it doesn't treat them as a Ritual Monster, but they, maybe that's another theme you want to expand on. It's just lacking the size and scope of a proper archetype or a techable engine in order to be properly playable. What's odd is that your ATK gaining Ritual searches from the Deck, which is technically the better search, whereas the one that doesn't gain ATK only searches from the GY (which is semi-useless in this Deck when all of your cards add to your hand and shuffle into the Deck) AND needs to shuffle from your hand into your Deck to shuffle it away. To be honest, you could drop Incarnate completely, as Mask is better in every way, and make the Ritual Spell list Mask in its Summoning conditions specifically, allowing for better teching in Decks. But with all the searching and recycling, deck stocking, and hand restocking, your two spells and Mask would make an interesting combination.

Yeah, it seems all over the place. I don't really know what to suggest in terms of fixing it; I know I have made suggestions, but it seems very clear you have an idea of what to do in terms of flavour, or maybe several. I would suggest sticking with one and expanding the set around that.

Archived