Russia, the U.S.A., and the White House Administration

Dad

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I love the irony of the right spending the past several years dismissing all scrutiny of Trump, and now they hop onto this, hoping for an October surprise, and even then they need to try and stoke the flames of their conspiracies by pretending that their damning evidence was somehow totally stolen.

Regardless of whether or not you believe anything about Trump, at least Democrats have specific people to point fingers at, whether it's Barr being hired specifically to sweep the case under the rug, or John Bolton knowing more that could have contributed towards impeachment, but withholding it until he could get a book deal. But this? It's just "I totally had evidence about Hunter Biden, but it got stolen in transit."

I'd say this a low effort smear campaign, but you actually have to try pretty hard to come up with a conspiracy that falls flat this hard. Investigations into Trump's actions at least try to sway people, regardless of how successful those efforts are. This is just about playing to Trump's base and telling them what they want to hear.

I realize that people may be tired of hearing that Trump won 2016 illegitimately. However, I full expect that once Biden wins, the right will spend just as long insisting that the left stole this election.

No one was saying that? You had dismissed criticism of this Hunter Biden conspiracy by bringing up Putin, so I found it ironic that even Putin thinks there's nothing to it.

Winter, I realize this has been a problem with you for a while, but it's been especially prominent in recent weeks. You do realize that people can hold seemingly contradictory positions, right? I can distrust Putin and also find amusement in him pouring cold water on Republicans. "See, even this guy I don't trust thinks it's bullshit" is far different from "Wow, if this guy doesn't believe it, then I think I might trust him now!"

What was the reason you used recently? That it's a "Let you and him fight" mentality?

Eh, just seemed like Winter thought that I've expressed many suspicions of Putin, taking Putin's dismissal of what the Republicans are talking about is somehow inconsistent with that.

I mean, I could see Winter claiming that this is somehow meant to help the Democrats, but that really doesn't seem to be the case. It's just him trying to get another gotcha where there isn't one.

Archived