Ghost Girls Archetype ( Hand Trap Deck )

Ultimagamer

this was an archetype I thought of inspired off of the Ghost Girls archetype, focused around zombie type tuners with 0 attack and 1800 defense. 

( not all of the names are ready yet, given that the names are quite tricky to do. If you have any ideas for names I always appreciate the help )

plz leave your feedback, I always appreciate feedback on archetypes, and I will update them accordingly to the feedback you give :D.

First, the Original 4 ( including the ocg one )

Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit

Level 3 / Psychic / Light / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 1800 defense

When a monster on the field activates its effect, or when a spell/trap that is already face-up on the field activates its effect (quick effect): you can send this card from your hand or field to the graveyard; destroy that card on the field. You can only use this effect of “Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit” once per turn.

Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring

Level 3 / Zombie / Fire / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 1800 defense

When a card or effect is activate that includes any of these effects (quick effect): you can discard this card; negate that effect.

• Add a card from deck to the hand

• Special summon from the deck

• Send a card from the deck to the graveyard

You can only use this effect of “Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring” once per turn

Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries

Level 3 / Zombie / Dark / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 1800 defense

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do (quick effect): you can discard this card; reveal 1 card in your extra deck, then look at your opponent’s extra deck, also banish all cards in their extra deck with the same name as that revealed card. You can only use this effect of “Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries” once per turn.

Yashiki Warashi ( Possibly: Haunted Mansion & Fortune Spirit )

Level 3 / Zombie / Earth / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 1800 defense

When a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects (quick effect): you can discard this card; negate the activation.

• Add a card from the graveyard to the hand, deck, or extra deck

• Special summon from the graveyard

• Banish a card from the graveyard

You can only use this effect of “Yashiki Warashi” once per turn

and now for the new ones, names will be changed in the future

Hand Trap 5

Level 3 / Zombie / Water / Tuner / Effect

0 attack / 1800 defense

When a card or effect is activated that includes any of these effects (quick effect): you can discard this card; negate the activation.

• Special summon a monster(s) from the extra deck

• Add 1 card(s) from the extra deck to the hand

• Send a card(s) from the extra deck to the graveyard ( this does not negate effects that negate summons )

• The effect of an effect monster that activates in the extra deck

You can only use this effect of “Hand Trap 5” once per turn

Mansion of the Ghost Girls

Spell - Field

When this card is activated: add 1 "Ghost Fusion" from your deck, graveyard, or from your banished cards to your hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects that would move a card in your hand or in your graveyard to a different place. If your opponent declares a direct attack against you: you can reveal 1 Level 3 Tuner monster with 0 attack and 1800 defense in your hand; that damage inflicted by that attacked is halved.

Ghost Fusion

Trap - Normal

Fusion summon 1 zombie type fusion monster from your extra deck by sending the materials listed on it from your hand or field to the graveyard, or by banishing the materials from your graveyard. During either players turn: you can banish this card from your graveyard; apply the first effect to perform a fusion summon. When your opponent activates a card or effect: you can banish this card and target 1 level 3 tuner monster with 0 attack and 1800 defense in your graveyard whose effect can meet it’s activation requirements; this card’s effect becomes that effect.

Ghost Busting

Trap - Continuous

Your opponent cannot target zombie type fusion monsters you control with cards or effects. If your opponent activates the effect of a card that involves discarding for it’s activation: you can either reveal a level 3 tuner monster with 0 attack and 1800 defense in your hand or banish one from your graveyard: negate that effect, then add that negated card to your hand. You can only control 1 “Ghost Busting”.

Ghost Fusion Monster 1

Level 7 / Fusion / Zombie / Dark

2800 attack / 1800 defense

Fusion materials: “Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring” + 1 tuner type monster

Once per turn when your opponent activates a card or effect that involves moving a card from their main deck to a different place: you can banish 1 tuner monster from your graveyard; negate that effect, then you can look at your opponent’s deck and banish 1 card of your choice face-down along with the negated card. Your opponent takes no further damage during the turn you activate this effect. If this card leaves the field: add 1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense from your deck, graveyard, or from your banished cards to your hand.

Ghost Fusion Monster 2

Fusion Materials: “Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries” + 1 tuner type monster

Once per turn, if your opponent activates a card or effect that moves a card from their extra deck to a different place, or if your opponent controls more cards than you do: you can banish 1 tuner monster from your graveyard; look at your opponent extra deck, then banish 1 card out of it face-down along with all copies of that card with the same name then banish the activated card face-down if any. If this card leaves the field: add 1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense from your deck, graveyard, or from your banished cards to your hand.

Ghost Fusion Monster 3

Fusion Materials: “Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit” + 1 tuner type monster

Once per turn, if your opponent activates a card or effect while they control more cards than you do: you can banish 1 tuner monster from your graveyard; destroy all cards your opponent controls. Your opponent takes no battle damage during the turn you activate this effect. If this card leaves the field: add 1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense from your deck, graveyard, or from your banished cards to your hand.

Ghost Fusion Monster 4

Fusion materials: “Yashiki Warashi” + 1 tuner type monster

While you control this card, any card sent to your opponent’s graveyard is banished instead. Once per turn (quick effect): you can banish 1 tuner monster from your graveyard; banish 1 card from your opponent’s graveyard face-down. If this card leaves the field: add 1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense from your deck, graveyard, or from your banished cards to your hand.

I really, reallyreallyreally dislike changing Ghost Ogre zombie, it was very unnecessary and changes a lot of the dynamics of the card

5 has some nice things it can stop, prevent the vortex summon in Pendulum Magicians (as well as many other effects). Stops Fusion summons (except contact) so could be nice against Invoked.

Also, am I missing something but for "Send a card(s) from the extra deck to the graveyard" what card effect does that? Does it trigger when my opponent would negate my Link summon with Laggia since it would go from the Extra Deck to GY wile never being considered on the field?

Also, reaper was supposed to cover the Extra so now we have 2 monsters doing that.

6 is something else. So I can play 1 Ash, 1 Orge and 3 of this and just add the one I need at a given moment? Yes, it can miss the first activation but with the exception of stuff like Grass you can see what cards you'll need after they play their first card. And why does it add from everywhere?

Mansion of the Ghost Girls is something to be reckoned with as well. Why make handtraps searchable with 3 of this and 3 terraforming? That's way too much for generic searching.

I get preventing the Hand but the GY? Why the GY? Doesn't make much sense in the context of the archetype besides being a general floodgate.

Ghost Fusion: I have some questions. The fusion effect is fine, but I couldn't find a precedent for the GY effect. Quickplays don't keep their Spell speed 2 into the GY so would you be able to activate this? its effect is fine but just kinda glosses over a lot of issue in its design.

Ghost Busting: hmmmmm

"Your opponent cannot target zombie type monsters you control with cards or effects." interesting lock right here.

"You take no damage from attacks involving zombie type monsters you control." but they can't even attack them?

Then you can rob a handtrap from your opponent for the low-low cost of revealing or banishing it.

More negation I guess

The fusions:

Clearly based on their original counterpart, and give the deck a win condition with their ATK. 

Reaper is the only one with "while they control more cards than you do" but here the Orge Fusion is the only one with it. Ash Fusion looking at your deck and banishing your limited power card is very powerful, maybe too much since it already negated the effect

Overall it's just a lot of negation from easy to summon monsters. And why do they add from everywhere? At least show some restraint

I really, reallyreallyreally dislike changing Ghost Ogre zombie, it was very unnecessary and changes a lot of the dynamics of the card

5 has some nice things it can stop, prevent the vortex summon in Pendulum Magicians (as well as many other effects). Stops Fusion summons (except contact) so could be nice against Invoked.

Also, am I missing something but for "Send a card(s) from the extra deck to the graveyard" what card effect does that? Does it trigger when my opponent would negate my Link summon with Laggia since it would go from the Extra Deck to GY wile never being considered on the field?

Also, reaper was supposed to cover the Extra so now we have 2 monsters doing that.

6 is something else. So I can play 1 Ash, 1 Orge and 3 of this and just add the one I need at a given moment? Yes, it can miss the first activation but with the exception of stuff like Grass you can see what cards you'll need after they play their first card. And why does it add from everywhere?

Mansion of the Ghost Girls is something to be reckoned with as well. Why make handtraps searchable with 3 of this and 3 terraforming? That's way too much for generic searching.

I get preventing the Hand but the GY? Why the GY? Doesn't make much sense in the context of the archetype besides being a general floodgate.

Ghost Fusion: I have some questions. The fusion effect is fine, but I couldn't find a precedent for the GY effect. Quickplays don't keep their Spell speed 2 into the GY so would you be able to activate this? its effect is fine but just kinda glosses over a lot of issue in its design.

Ghost Busting: hmmmmm

"Your opponent cannot target zombie type monsters you control with cards or effects." interesting lock right here.

"You take no damage from attacks involving zombie type monsters you control." but they can't even attack them?

Then you can rob a handtrap from your opponent for the low-low cost of revealing or banishing it.

More negation I guess

The fusions:

Clearly based on their original counterpart, and give the deck a win condition with their ATK. 

Reaper is the only one with "while they control more cards than you do" but here the Orge Fusion is the only one with it. Ash Fusion looking at your deck and banishing your limited power card is very powerful, maybe too much since it already negated the effect

Overall it's just a lot of negation from easy to summon monsters. And why do they add from everywhere? At least show some restraint

thanks for the feedback! I always enjoy making cards and getting reviews

anway

what dynamic does ghost ogre being a zombie instead of a psychic ruin? summoning it off of e-tele? searching it with the not very good generic psychic support? I dunno. Being zombie does give her the same typing as all of the other ones though. 

5: the idea behind ( sends a card from extra to gy ) was to stop gale dogra like effects, things that mill from the extra deck. Not summons though, that wasn't intended if it does work that way 

6 wasn't the best idea, ima just remove it 

mansion prevents removal from the hand, from omega and other such cards. Why the graveyard too? you just gotta remember the cards both newly released and made for the future ( ima just link the cards I had in mind ). Searchings a bit too strong looking back, ima remove that too

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Called_by_the_Grave

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium-Eyes_Restrict

Ghost fusion: maybe a trap card is better for my idea then. Ima try changing it around something similar to the mechanics of volcanics ( shell for instance, not to mention reload )

ghost busting: I hope you enjoyed the ghost busters reference. Anyways, I made that a bit too generic, maybe just protecting specifically what can be said as in the archetype rather than the whole type

ogre fusion requiring your opponent to control more cards was kinda a call to exciton knight, also to balance it a little given that it is similar to the exciton knight. ash fusion might be a bit strong now that im looking at it again. Maybe a restriction something similar to the ogre fusion and exciton knight, preventing the damage to give your opponent good chance. If you have some ideas I would always appreciate taking them into consideration :D.

( ima add some edits to it for now, based off of your ideas )

thanks for the feedback! I always enjoy making cards and getting reviews

anway

what dynamic does ghost ogre being a zombie instead of a psychic ruin? summoning it off of e-tele? searching it with the not very good generic psychic support? I dunno. Being zombie does give her the same typing as all of the other ones though. 

E-tele is one thing I had in mind but it's the only one that works on the field as well so being able to bring it out with Mizuki every turn and other Zombie support make this card have a very different role in decks that use it for more than just it's effect. Moreso that it was unnecessary "1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense" only covers the Ghost Girls anyways with no other targets so there's not much of a reason to specify Zombie.

Not saying it's busted since it isn't but just make it a very different card when used for more than just it's effect.

Guess I really dislike changes that don't deal with the effect itself but you do you since I understand it makes it easier to form a coherent archetype

5: the idea behind ( sends a card from extra to gy ) was to stop gale dogra like effects, things that mill from the extra deck. Not summons though, that wasn't intended if it does work that way 

It's a very niche interaction, I would say not to worry about it since it's the kind of thing Konami just says "This is the ruling" I just like thinking about odd interaction with an effect that hasn't been done before. Just take as a complement to your creativity I guess?

6 wasn't the best idea, ima just remove it 

Fair enough

mansion prevents removal from the hand, from omega and other such cards. Why the graveyard too? you just gotta remember the cards both newly released and made for the future ( ima just link the cards I had in mind ). Searchings a bit too strong looking back, ima remove that too

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Called_by_the_Grave

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium-Eyes_Restrict

That makes sense now, guess they were so new I didn't think of them. Not sure if I miss the "Your hand or GY" part last time but it's fine now. A neat way to give protection, overall like it.

Ghost fusion: maybe a trap card is better for my idea then. Ima try changing it around something similar to the mechanics of volcanics ( shell for instance, not to mention reload )

One way to do it, just know it's not searchable with Cobra or Keeper since it's a Trap so some searchability for it would be warranted

ghost busting: I hope you enjoyed the ghost busters reference. Anyways, I made that a bit too generic, maybe just protecting specifically what can be said as in the archetype rather than the whole type

Always enjoy a good reference :)

Nice protection for the fusions since they have high ATK so they can be pretty formidable with this card. Would be horrible in the mirror with the second effect, just saying, but good card overall, plenty playable.

I don't think you got around to changing the fusion since it looks like they have the same effect so I'll leave it

--------------------

Off topic but "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon" exist and could easily be summonable in this archetype, if you feel like loosening the fusion card to something like "Zombie" Fusion monster. Not a good card by any means but felt I had to say it or it would bug me

1 zombie type tuner with 0 attack and 1800 defense" only covers the Ghost Girls anyways with no other 

It's a very niche interaction, I would say not to worry about it since it's the kind of thing Konami just says "This is the ruling" I just like thinking about odd interaction with an effect that hasn't been done before. Just take as a complement to your creativity I guess?

That makes sense now, guess they were so new I didn't think of them. Not sure if I miss the "Your hand or GY" part last time but it's fine now. A neat way to give protection, overall like it.

One way to do it, just know it's not searchable with Cobra or Keeper since it's a Trap so some searchability for it would be warranted

Always enjoy a good reference :)

Nice protection for the fusions since they have high ATK so they can be pretty formidable with this card. Would be horrible in the mirror with the second effect, just saying, but good card overall, plenty playable.

Off topic but "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon" exist and could easily be summonable in this archetype, if you feel like loosening the fusion card to something like "Zombie" Fusion monster. Not a good card by any means but felt I had to say it or it would bug me

I guess first things first, how many level 3 tuner monsters with 0 attack and 1800 defense exist? ( according to the database )

exactly 3, ash, ogre, and reaper . . . . oh

I changed that type for no reason ( facepalms ) 

gonna change it back real quick, along with a change in editing ( removes zombie type tuner specification for simply a level 3 tuner with 0 attack / 1800 defense )

I didn't take any offense at the summon thing. I just wasn't sure about the negating effect since monsters whose summons are being negated technically aren't on the field yet, definitely one of those ruling things.

maybe since the trap card can't be searched as easily now, the field spell could search it? just an idea, I think it might work better than the hand trap searchings

Extending the fusion card to all zombie type fusions would be interesting, but what does it summon? Who is this "Dragonecro Nethersoul Dragon"? Ima search him real quick

I don't know if you know this, but this aint no zombie type monster

HES A DRAGON

lol he sure does sound like a zombie monster though, and requires 2 zombies to make him. It's certainly an interesting token spawner though

generic zombie type fusions that are not vanillas are
( according to the database )
1. Reaper on the Nightmare ( spirit reaper + nightmare horse, it's a better spirit repear, but it's only got 800 attack )
2. Sea Monster of theseus ( use 2 tuners to make, could be done in this archetype, and he's a level 5 tuner, hm)

all of the others are normal monsters :(

you probably could extend it to all zombie type fusion monsters but that wouldn't really do much lol.

I did add a restriction on the ash blossom fusion, preventing the damage your opponent takes like the ogre fusion / exciton does. It might need more in terms of balancing tho

Archived