35 members have voted

1. 1. Promote Kazooie (Birdie) to a member of the staff team

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I'm going to be honest.

The people supporting her haven't really given me much reason for why. A big number doesn't really stir me in either direction and at the moment I kind of understand the "no"s more than the "yes"s.

So what I'm saying is could people who believe she should be in give me the reasoning? It doesn't look good that barely anyone has come forward to actually support her beyond "Yeah go for it".

Okay I'm going to be honest.

The people supporting her haven't really given me much reason for why. A big number doesn't really stir me in either direction and at the moment I kind of understand the "no"s more than the "yes"s.

So what I'm saying is could people who believe she should be in give me the reasoning? It doesn't look good that barely anyone has come forward to actually support her beyond "Yeah go for it".

Sure, last time she was around, she got things done on the PR front in an efficient manner. When life circumstances came up, she promptly resigned instead of dragging it out just to keep power. 

So she had both efficiency and understanding that modship is a service

Two traits that are lacking in the mod team as is

Sure, last time she was around, she got things done on the PR front in an efficient manner. When life circumstances came up, she promptly resigned instead of dragging it out just to keep power. 

So she had both efficiency and understanding that modship is a service

Two traits that are lacking in the mod team as is

To be a devil's advocate.

What was it she got done specifically that helped and is efficiency over such a short time a good measurement of how efficient she is?

Also to me I feel there's several now that are efficient and understanding so would you say the need is as dire as it was before?

To be a devil's advocate.

What was it she got done specifically that helped and is efficiency over such a short time a good measurement of how efficient she is?

Also to me I feel there's several now that are efficient and understanding so would you say the need is as dire as it was before?

Maybe not, but when she realized she couldn't be as efficient as idea, she resigned rather than force us to boot her. I think that say a fair bit about her drive

Not as dire, no. Black, you, and Tormey are pretty pro-active around here. Which is why I was fairly harsh on her noting that she hadn't logged much activity recently 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Caeda have a similar deal to what Dad had when he resigned? If so, wouldn't it make sense to honor that deal and see how she performs in another trial period? This is an argument for the mod team keeping their word, if such a deal happened.

That deal was basically null and void, and isn't really relevant to this discussion. That's why I was pretty strict on having member input matter on this. It isn't something I want for myself, it's something that's based around what's best for site, and if others don't think that I'm that person, then I'm not gonna push it.

I know my activity in this thread has been kinda spotty and that might be a concern for some people, but I wanted to post to say that and explain why.

I don't think it's my place to be trying to 'convince' people, but I have been looking at this thread every time there's a post. I've been keeping up with the concerns and I've addressed the activity one, and hopefully it didn't feel like I dismissed it cause that's definitely not what I tried to do. I'm not doing this to try and get on the team because that's where I think I should be or anything like that, it was offered to me, and I only want to take it if the members support the idea. I'm definitely not against it, and I think I could help, but like I said, the members opinions and thoughts matter more to me than my own desires on this.

As a fellow lurker in areas outside of the RP area, what I see here tells me all I need to know about Kazooie.

To be perfectly honest, I wished for a reason to be more active and had originally sought out modship myself so I would have that. I had planned on observing the forums from above once ascended and figure out what, above all else, needed doing beside the obvious of dealing with various infractions. I have learned, from times as a moderator (and even co-admin on one) that there are often problems that the masses don't see until they find their way into the 'inner circle' of the forum. Once I had the whole picture, this NetMonster could have gotten to work on the real, fixable problems of the forum. I had made no promises regarding what I would do because of this, because I did not want to promise something that I would have no power to handle, even after becoming a mod.

While I do not believe she seeks modship solely for a reason to be active on the site, I do believe that, like I likely would have, she would have a spike in activity because of the modship. With that, I would say let us take a gamble on this diceroll and allow her to take on the reigns of modship once more.

Well, there was one mod that was elected in the last year by very questionable methods, so I think having people go, "Yeah, she did a good job when she was mod, sure why not?" is much better than that. At least they're being open about it.

The best argument I've seen is, 'She's not active', which is fair, since we just got rid of two mods that were not active at all. But I'm more inclined to believe in her. At the very least, give her 3 months, and if she was like Zai, kick her out. That's only fair, isn't it?

yo so im running late for midterms but just real quick im confused as hell about some things

first of all, like, why is there even a need for another mod in the first place. like, YCM is a tiny tiny community that wont exceed 100 members unless on a really good day and of that 100 there's only half that are like actually active and doing sheet, there's not a lot of activity that requires moderator intervention or for a mod to constantly monitor

realistically this site has an average of 20+ active community members and 8 or so of them are reasonably active mods, that's like almost half the active memberbase already. 

people want her back but i havent seen actual justification beyond 'oh she wants to good' and 'oh she wont be a hindrance to the team' and im like "yo no sheet wtf of course she wont be a hindrance there's nothing to fuckin hinder" of course she wants to do good and be good that's what everyone would want out of themselves

the thing to remember is that YCM isnt fuckin r/yugioh where there's always a need for a moderator it's like a goddamn chill house at the middle of nowhere populated by the same 40 faces that have been there for the last half a decade or more

yo so im running late for midterms but just real quick im confused as hell about some things

first of all, like, why is there even a need for another mod in the first place. like, YCM is a tiny tiny community that wont exceed 100 members unless on a really good day and of that 100 there's only half that are like actually active and doing sheet, there's not a lot of activity that requires moderator intervention or for a mod to constantly monitor

realistically this site has an average of 20+ active community members and 8 or so of them are reasonably active mods, that's like almost half the active memberbase already. 

people want her back but i havent seen actual justification beyond 'oh she wants to good' and 'oh she wont be a hindrance to the team' and im like "yo no sheet wtf of course she wont be a hindrance there's nothing to fuckin hinder" of course she wants to do good and be good that's what everyone would want out of themselves

the thing to remember is that YCM isnt fuckin r/yugioh where there's always a need for a moderator it's like a goddamn chill house at the middle of nowhere populated by the same 40 faces that have been there for the last half a decade or more

The mod team is a hindrance to us. We've managed to change it a bit, but there are still some questionable people on it. Look at it like putting another sound mind on the team so we don't suffer Enguingate again

I do agree with you though, we could run a really tight ship and sack everyone but Flame, Black, Cow, Tormy and we'd honestly be fine. But as long as that isn't the case, we need to dilute the team a bit

The mod team is a hindrance to us. We've managed to change it a bit, but there are still some questionable people on it. Look at it like putting another sound mind on the team so we don't suffer Enguingate again

I do agree with you though, we could run a really tight ship and sack everyone but Flame, Black, Cow, Tormy and we'd honestly be fine. But as long as that isn't the case, we need to dilute the team a bit

You won't have to deal with me much longer. Idk about Sakura.

Regarding Birdie, I'm going to say my peace.

I agree that YCM doesn't NEED another mod right now. With the abolishment of sections slowly coming into fruition, every mod needs to be personable, swift reacting (with reason), and needs to be able to put in the time to YCM as a whole.

Birdie can do two of these things. Her ability to dedicate time can change IF she is reinstated.

I'm neither for nor against at this time.

I feel like saying sack everyone but those four actually leaves you with fewer people you'd want to be sacked than the supposed exceptions, so... at that point, just outright say who you would like to see sacked. Zai is stepping down, I believe Sakura is going to be demoted (Just not demodded) regardless, and Dad did just make his own comment, so... who exactly would be left to sack?

- Dad - Zai - Broke N - Sakura 

leaves the 4 I mentioned

If we need a 5th like Yui mentioned, sack one less of the first three

Look, we barely had a TCG mod for a long time since Evil lost interest in the game and Nai and Black had resigned

Did anyone really notice? Broke did some reforms to clean it up, but it's mostly been dishing out WPs to offenders. TCG/OCG self regulates

Zai has been on low activity road for a while now, has RP suffered?

Sakura was gone for like 3 weeks, did CC crash and burn

Torm is NEEDED to run the site and fix kinks. And Flame, Black, and Cow are active enough that a mod is almost always on. 

Look, we barely had a TCG mod for a long time since Evil lost interest in the game and Nai and Black had resigned

Did anyone really notice? Broke did some reforms to clean it up, but it's mostly been dishing out WPs to offenders. TCG/OCG self regulates

Zai has been on low activity road for a while now, has RP suffered?

Sakura was gone for like 3 weeks, did CC crash and burn

Torm is NEEDED to run the site and fix kinks. And Flame, Black, and Cow are active enough that a mod is almost always on. 

Fixed since Zai is gone at the end of the month, remember?

sure, doesn't really make a diff tho

most of ycm self regulates

- Dad - Zai - Broke N - Sakura 

Did anyone really notice?

Yes. Absolutely I noticed. It was pretty sucky, and TCG definitely needs mods looking after it.

I think the main reason to add Birdie is to add another steadying hand to a team that tends to be overly volatile and draconian at times

You can approximate one equilibrium by adding more mods to balance out that uncertainty, or you can use Toyo's equilibrium and reduce uncertainty. Either work.

Toyo did not say that, so don't put words in their mouth.

Birdie is not someone I would trust to be a steadying hand. She seems too lax to me, more concerned with maintaining the current state of things, and not really taking much initiative. Dad had the right idea that we need a team that acts swiftly, and as such, I simply do not believe Birdie fits the mold that Dad described.

I think she would be in a hindrance, in that she would prevent the team from doing... well, anything, really.

I think we have too many

Wouldn't these threads be better for discussing that?

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/371370-restructuring-the-mod-team/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369776-complaints-go-here/

Toyo did not say that, so don't put words in their mouth.

Birdie is not someone I would trust to be a steadying hand. She seems too lax to me, more concerned with maintaining the current state of things, and not really taking much initiative. Dad had the right idea that we need a team that acts swiftly, and as such, I simply do not believe Birdie fits the mold that Dad described.

I think she would be in a hindrance, in that she would prevent the team from doing... well, anything, really.

Wouldn't these threads be better for discussing that?

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/371370-restructuring-the-mod-team/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/369776-complaints-go-here/

Careful now Roxas, you should go check out Toyo's status where she was railing about how we have like 8 mods for an active user-base that normally caps off at 40

The implication of that statement is that we have too many, but I'll take it elsewhere. I certainly disagree almost completely with everything you said in the rest of the first part tho

Archived