[Leaderboard] Dova vs Perry Ellis. (Match 3-1)

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by 11:59am PDT March 23rd, 2018 wins
All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.
Both contestants have the right to refuse votes but must explain why they don't accept it.
Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.
Written cards are allowed.
Winner gets 1 Like from the loser; each voter gets 1 Like.
In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Card Requirement:
Create an Extra Deck monster that supports an archetype of your choice.

Card A
Altergeist Scylla
Link 3 | WATER | Spellcaster | Effect
L/DL/D
2+ "Altergeist" monsters
You can only activate this card name's effects once per turn. (1) When this card is Link Summoned: Set 1 "Altergeist" Trap from your GY. That card can be activated this turn. (2) While this card is face up, you can activate "Altergiest" Traps from the Hand. (3) During the Main Phase when your opponent would add a card(s) to the Hand (Quick Effect): Send 1 "Altergeist" card from the field to the GY, randomly discard 2 cards from your opponent's Hand.

Card B

Chronomaly Silver Orb

LIGHT - Link 2 - Rock/Link/Effect - 2000

⬋-⬊

2 Rock/Machine monsters

If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Chronomaly" monster in your GY, then send 1 Machine monster from your Deck to the GY; Special Summon that target, and if you do and it was an Xyz Monster, attach that sent monster to it as an Xyz Material. You can send 1 Rock monster from your Deck to the GY; during your Main Phase this turn, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 monster with the same name as that sent monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) You cannot activate cards or effects, except "Chronomaly" cards or effects, the turn you use this effect. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Okay, Card A worries me. Just a brief look at the playstyle section of Altergiest tells me that it's Trap Card effects should be worry some, especially the second effect. It reminds me of Makyura tbh. I know that this card is less potent, but the added speed granted to the Deck isn't worth going around a key characteristic of Trap Cards. The third effect is interesting that, and makes the opponent think. However, it doesn't make up for the other two effects. I mean, they do support the use of Trap Cards, but not in a balanced way imo.

Card B fits well with the main idea of Chronomaly: Xyz Summoning. The revival effect upon Summon is lovely, and allows a revived Xyz to be useful while limiting its impact with a single Xyz Material. Second effect is interesting as it promotes the swarming idea that the archetype uses while getting around anti-Special Summon cards. Good use of thinking ahead and promoting future plays in a reasonable manner. Furthermore, it makes use of both the Machine and Rock monsters in the archetype, which says that some thought has been put into this.

If there are no objections, 0-1 Card B.

Archived