Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"No Deleting and Reposting Statuses" Rule

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Moderators

• 47,636 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

I want a discussion on this.

The idea behind the rule was to prevent people from making a status, deleting it, and posting a new, different status, with the logic that a typo can be fixed in the comments.

However, this feels like it's jumping through hoops to prevent a fairly niche scenario with maybe 1-2 realistic offenders.

I suggest that we remove the rule as a whole, and I would like the community and staff's input on this.

You are an insane person and very creative.

God Emperor Cow

God Emperor Cow

Neow

• Moderators
  • 11,587 posts
    Last Visit Today, 07:15 PM
  • Alias:Lord CowCow
  • Spouse:Shiki/Aix

As you probably know I didn't want not allowing deleting for typos in the first place so I'm totally for getting rid of that. :P

But people please don't just abuse this and claim you're deleting something just because of a typo if it's not that.

8PBUpdp.gif

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

The initial rule is stupid regardless

The timer was put in place so people don't spam statues all the time

If you delete your status to type a new one, you're not spamming your status. And it won't bump out anyone else given that it'll just replace your old, already visible status

I don't know why mods make stupid pointless rules for no reason

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

I Hate Snatch Steal

I Hate Snatch Steal

Elite Member

• Elite Members
  • 2,247 posts
    Last Visit Oct 14 2018 07:55 PM

I want a discussion on this.

The idea behind the rule was to prevent people from making a status, deleting it, and posting a new, different status, with the logic that a typo can be fixed in the comments.

However, this feels like it's jumping through hoops to prevent a fairly niche scenario with maybe 1-2 realistic offenders.

I suggest that we remove the rule as a whole, and I would like the community and staff's input on this.

Sounds fine to me

I'm not afraid to have an unpopular opinion in debates. I just hope I can turn any posts about such an opinion into teaching moments for someone reading them.

YGO pro custom cards community, feel free to join:
https://forum.yugioh...l/#entry7115283

Also, if you duel with your cards and have stories to share, then this thread is for you: http://forum.yugiohc...sharing-thread/

My fanfiction.net profile:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1525039/

Funny conversations and funny posts

how katio vs mizael should have ended

So, if Yuma forgives Vector for betrayal and evil intentions WAY more often then he should, then why isnn't he doing the same thing with Don 1000? /sarcasm

Sleepy

Sleepy

;9

• Soothing Star~
  • 13,094 posts
    Last Visit 56 minutes ago

I'm guilty of deleting and re-posting due to mistakes in almost half of my statuses. I want to think it's not a huge offence since I don't usually make statuses very often.
I would much prefer if statuses could be edited instead. Making a status from the front page is a single line with limited view and no capacity to hit ENTER even with shift pressed, just to name a situation....

I don't think correcting down in the replies with an extra post is very ideal. The original status is what is in sight so most people passing by wouldn't really bother seeing if there's a fix, much less if the status ends up having activity. 60+ replies won't have a lot of people scrolling back up.

These are non-deal-breaking nitpicks of course....
I think somebody flooding in some way ought to be noticed by somebody and be apparent, although I can understand mods wanting a specific set of parameters against people potentially going "under what regulations are you doing this?" against any measures taken. Then once defined, it'd take somebody pushing as close under the established limit of tolerance as possible on a consistent basis to start complicating things. Next thing you know, the whole thing becomes political debates about acting on established parameters or being tyrannical or IDK.

-------

Anyways. . .
I think it's fine to remove it.

Armz Stand Sig
Le Crayon Corner~
Goats
Other sigs

SK79LinkXyz

SK79LinkXyz

jamais vu is a serious matter......

• Advanced Members
  • 378 posts
    Last Visit 11 minutes ago
  • Alias:SK79LinkXyz

As you probably know I didn't want not allowing deleting for typos in the first place so I'm totally for getting rid of that. :P
But people please don't just abuse this and claim you're deleting something just because of a typo if it's not that.

You and others know who are the trolls are that would abuse it (spamming out 2-6 status updates) vs the peopld who may fix a typo once or repost a status (Only a few times after a extended time period )

I re post a status updates but i did not abuse or try to spam in an attempt to troll. Mods can clearly who abusing and deal with it. I know a guy who spam and got in trouble for abusing status updates vs someone just fix something.

The key point is three things; the fequency of times AND the speed of each status updates AND the time between each status updates.
"behold I shall be a blight upon this forum

and everything I touch shall wither and die."

mido9

mido9

Preeeeeeeeeeetty good member

• Endless Nine

• 2,989 posts
    Last Visit Today, 05:09 PM
  • Spouse:ur mom
You really are the most unlucky person when it comes to this, black, I used you as an example in my own thread and since then you fumbled maybe five times since then.

ZLiMtln.gif

Hallohallo 13

Hallohallo 13

Resurrection of the Hallo

• Xyz

• 1,098 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Rewas#7416
  • Alias:Rewas
  • Spouse:ur mom

While I actually like this rule, I wouldn't mind getting rid of it.

Instead, if someone starts abusing/spamming status updates, they should get banned from posting more for a certain amount of time.

stuff

Catterjune

Catterjune

Amphoteric

• Legendary Members
  • 10,805 posts
    Last Visit Sep 23 2018 09:45 AM

The initial rule is stupid regardless

The timer was put in place so people don't spam statues all the time

If you delete your status to type a new one, you're not spamming your status. And it won't bump out anyone else given that it'll just replace your old, already visible status

I don't know why mods make stupid pointless rules for no reason

I'll tell ya then!

I don't know if the way YCM worked has changed (and I don't use the Status Bar much anyway) but from when the status bar first came out I believe you could fill it up with spam, all just one person having all five spots.

I believe it was then adjusted so that it would auto-remove and replace your latest status.

FOR EXAMPLE: If users A, B, C, D and E were the only ones posting in the status bar, even if A posted a new status every 5 minutes, it would still only show ABCDE, with A as the top poster usually.

This worked okay for a while until we realized there were more than 5 members on this site, so we decided to make a rule for 20 minutes to avoid spamming and advertising stuff.

Problem is that you could then game the system by continuously deleting and reposting the same status.

So if our imaginary YCM was now A through Z, A could post a status, then B, then C, D, E, then F would kick them off the status updates. A could then just delete his status and post a new one, kicking off B. Then G, H, I, J would post and K would knock off A, until A deletes and posts a status again and... etc etc.

It was a legitimate concern on YCM because of stupid spammers spamming their waifu war polls and terrible fanfics and create-a-card nonsense that only a very small niche actually cared about.

Dunno if YCM has changed much but that's the way it worked when the system was introduced. If it's changed, by all means change the rule. IDC

Tsumugi Shirogane

Tsumugi Shirogane

Fiction.

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators

• 47,636 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Black
  • Spouse:Melody & Birdie

[Post]

As far back as I can remember, YCM has always made it so that only your most recent status shows up on the bar. But maybe I'm forgetting day 1 stuff.

The rule in question is new. It was implemented in 2018. Before now, there was no rule against deleting a status to repost another, only the time limit.

You are an insane person and very creative.

Melkor

Melkor

• Night's Watch

• 13,996 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:#0196
  • Spouse:Fate

I'll tell ya then!

I don't know if the way YCM worked has changed (and I don't use the Status Bar much anyway) but from when the status bar first came out I believe you could fill it up with spam, all just one person having all five spots.

I believe it was then adjusted so that it would auto-remove and replace your latest status.

FOR EXAMPLE: If users A, B, C, D and E were the only ones posting in the status bar, even if A posted a new status every 5 minutes, it would still only show ABCDE, with A as the top poster usually.

This worked okay for a while until we realized there were more than 5 members on this site, so we decided to make a rule for 20 minutes to avoid spamming and advertising stuff.

Problem is that you could then game the system by continuously deleting and reposting the same status.

So if our imaginary YCM was now A through Z, A could post a status, then B, then C, D, E, then F would kick them off the status updates. A could then just delete his status and post a new one, kicking off B. Then G, H, I, J would post and K would knock off A, until A deletes and posts a status again and... etc etc.

It was a legitimate concern on YCM because of stupid spammers spamming their waifu war polls and terrible fanfics and create-a-card nonsense that only a very small niche actually cared about.

Dunno if YCM has changed much but that's the way it worked when the system was introduced. If it's changed, by all means change the rule. IDC

Seconding Black

Say You're Person E and and A-D are before you. If you delete your status and type a new one, you become the new A and everyone moves down one. If you post a new A or delete your old A, you just replace your old post. It's impossible for one person to have 2 statuses show up

GQB7sDc.gifH1TI5wa.pngsp8QpRU.gif

bngoeJd.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users