Should we get a "Bonds Beyond Time" Sequel for VRAINS?

I know you've all noticed the legacy support Link Monsters that we've been getting as of late, and I think some of them are cool and in some cases very welcomed by the Archetypes they were designed for, but does anyone think that Konami should utilize them in a movie, maybe a sequel to Bonds Beyond Time? Think about it, if Konami could set up a movie where Yusaku Fujiki had to go up against a big enough threat to where he had to (insert bs time travel logic) recruit the help of Yugi, Jaden, Yusei, Yuma, and Yuya to fight the threat, save the day and promote some new cards. I think this would be the best way to show off the newest legacy support we've been getting, and even give reason to those cards and a few others like the new Xyz Pendulum "Utopia Magician". I would also like to see Anubis from Pyramid of Light return as that big threat, and maybe an "Anubis" Archetype for the card The End of Anubis, possible "Jackal" cards like the cards Mystical Knight and Ghost Knight of Jackal.

​What do you all think?

That'd be okay, but would prefer a sequel more in the style of Dark Side of Dimensions because it was a much better movie and we need more Cubic support. 

Either way I think they should just make this sequel, just as long as they make the movie good and present the cards in a good, stylish way and I'll be happy with it.

While I'd be all down for that, I also think there should be more YGO movies that end up following the one thing Dark Side of Dimensions did: follow the manga.

What I want honestly, is manga movies. YGO DM gets a pass due to Dark Side of Dimensions, but we get to GX and I honestly want to see the GX manga come to life. Show us the whole story of the Planet card series and Tragoedia against Jaden and Chazz at the end. Or hell!! Give us what happens after Jaden Duels against Koyo Hibiki in the GX Special Chapter!! Having E-HERO vs. M-HERO being shown would be a cool opener and hell, it would actually give us something else to Jaden than the actual GX anime version (before Season 4 version).

The same process could be done for the 5Ds, Zexal, and Arc-V manga. The manga storylines are a gold mine of potential and I think they would fit the style of a cinematic release.

If they're gonna do that, they shouldn't use Yugi, Jaden, and Yusei again, they should just stick with the most recent 3.

A 6 on 1 duel would just be a trainwreck (see Zarc).

In the case of six characters, the best way to go is to give each character 1 other antagonist to Duel but Yusaku would Duel the main antagonist.

While I'd be all down for that, I also think there should be more YGO movies that end up following the one thing Dark Side of Dimensions did: follow the manga.

What I want honestly, is manga movies. YGO DM gets a pass due to Dark Side of Dimensions, but we get to GX and I honestly want to see the GX manga come to life. Show us the whole story of the Planet card series and Tragoedia against Jaden and Chazz at the end. Or hell!! Give us what happens after Jaden Duels against Koyo Hibiki in the GX Special Chapter!! Having E-HERO vs. M-HERO being shown would be a cool opener and hell, it would actually give us something else to Jaden than the actual GX anime version (before Season 4 version).

The same process could be done for the 5Ds, Zexal, and Arc-V manga. The manga storylines are a gold mine of potential and I think they would fit the style of a cinematic release.

I'm sure we'll get more manga movies, honestly is they took the entire 5D's manga and made it into an OVA series I would watch.

I'd like Yugioh to do specials on a semi regular basis. If instead of an overblown budget movie we made specials with the average quality of a regular episode, I think things could be manageable enough.

Right now they are in a predicament (I think). It'd make sense to do a crossover movie with just the last 3 protagonists as a 3D bonds beyond time kind of deal (just mindless fan service), but their nostalgia pandering is like 80% DM-based. It wouldn't make sense to leave GX and 5Ds out in an arbitrary manner, and I doubt they want to leave DM out no matter what.

I think they should be able to get a secondary studio to do whatever the plan is since Studio Gallop is still going through a pretty hard time after poor communication issues with Konami during the Arc V anime, simultaneously working in Dark Side of Dimensions, having the first VRAINS director changed after 9-ish episodes, or having the the other 2 directors involved in VRAINS pick up side projects unrelated to Yugioh while they are supposed to still be working on VRAINS even though the pacing of their work had enough issues to apparently warrant 1 recap episode out of each 10.

There's a ton of material from which to squeeze out content for special episodes and side projects. 
We have the manga versions of GX, 5Ds, ZeXal, and Arc V, which are all pretty much alternate realities of their series. Then DM has Yugioh R, which is probably the branching point of said realities since I consistently can't recall a manga version of Yugioh where Pegasus survived his arc... Butterfly effect maybe?

They could also introduce old settings and characters in non-plot important scenarios just dueling with a mix of old cards and whatever the new product is (like Chazz challenging Jaden on a regular day at Duel Academy because he pulled out the new Armed Dragon Fusion and Ojama support). That last one would be a little cheap but wouldn't say it is a new concept for Yugioh...

Then there's the crossovers. You can mix something like 2 of them at a time in any combinations with some over-arching plot in the background.
Yugi + Jaden have met a few times by now.
Yusei + Yugi, or Yusei + Jaden, either would be amusing to show how they'd get along when not fully focused on plot duels, and would make for interesting combinations too.
Yuma + Yugi or Yuma + Jaden would be potentially charming since at the duel dojo he was fanboying about their Aces' statues, and there are a couple things like Yubel and Astral interacting that would be amusing.
Yuma + Yusei are pretty opposites but Yuma did get to duel against Synchros in the manga so there's potential there.
Yuya with either of the 4 would be strange since Yuya's world has similar versions of most other previous protagonists. 
Yusaku is the most disconnected one to the Yugioh universe that I've seen so far, so he'd be the hardest one to put, and specifically there'd be need for more supporting cast to support, say, Yusaku + Yusei, since at best they'd work like Yusei and Bruno back in 5Ds....

Or there's also the chances of including 3 at a time tops, and any more of them at a time only if it is NOT meant for them to be all dueling. No time for a 5 hour product there.
There are also the mindless kinds like 5Ds' episode of the Assault Modes, or ZeXal's special about the Olympic Gold Medalist Gymnast which was like 9 minutes long (or apparently a tutorial game between Yuma and Astral made during the days of ZeXal II, but I was not able to locate and watch that one). 

Finally, they could do none of the above and simply look at their series and do in-between stories trying to tie up loose bits. Maybe a story on how Kaiba got a hold of the Sacred Beasts (because they are being protected in his property DA and the principal knows full well about them). Stuff like that.... or something "behind the scenes" that presents no weight in the series' original plot by a device such as "X character saved the day before we needed to make a full season out of this", potentially featuring (and redeeming) characters that otherwise got less time to shine in their respective series...

If done often enough (say, every month or two), it'd be enough to give more relevancy and nostalgia potential to a lot of shows and help escape the eternal DM nostalgia product trip and expand to other past series. Maybe...

I originally wanted them to do a Yu-Gi-Oh! Super and make a sequel to the DM series. Dark Side was a fun movie and I'd be up for more movie adventures in place of that.

It'd be interesting, but I don't think they'll do any other crossover movies. Vrains and Zexal don't have any real connection to the main series, aside from some easter eggs in the latter. Arc V/Yuma would be the one I'd be most interested in seeing meet up with the other protags, considering what happened in that show.

I like Sonic's idea, it seems to be the direction Pokémon is going in where the new movies are an AU take on Ash's early adventures. Those could be fun to see in YGO too. I don't think that'll ever happen either, but it's a cool thought.

Archived