Banlist Opinion ( Next One )

I kinda want a change in the current meta that we have, dominated by true draco, not to mention pendulum magicians. There's also a lot of other stuff that could start to come off, but doesn't and hasn't for quite a while now.

Banned

Astrograph Sorcerer

( it's not once per turn, gets you a free monster on board and a plus 1, searchable with electrumite )

Lyrilusc - Independent Nightingale

( the ftk involving this card isn't exactly the most meta deck, but at the same time all this card really does is enable different kinds of ftks involving it )

Limited

Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King

( with one master peace the deck isn't dead, but isn't as powerful as it is now )

Scapegoat

( with the introduction of links this card has gotten significantly more powerfu, giving you 4 free tokens for a link summon ) 

those were all the important cards, these next ones will be what I wanna see off, given that they aren't impactful anymore

Semi-Limited

Qliphort Scout

( this card is currently at 3 in the ocg, and does nothing )

Gateway of the Six

( a great card in a non-meta deck )

Pantheism of the Monarchs

( throw monarch players a bone, given that in the tcg they have stormforth and ether limited )

Unlimited 

Necroface

( is the card annoying? sure, but it's not very good. Bringing it from 2 to 3 won't suddenly make all of the banish decks meta ) 

Chain Strike

( same thing as necroface, bringing it back to 3 from 2 won't suddenly make chain burn meta )

Compulsory Evacuation Device

( with the unbanning of torrential tribute and solemn judgment, having a card like this back at 3 would be really nice, since if you were playing a more trap focused deck with it you could reliably see it if you play 3 copies, if players even decide to play it ) 

Not post list

their hits weren't really as hard as the tcgs was, limiting double iris and dark wurm isn't as bad as we currently have it, they also have 1 joker they can still play too

pendulum magicians are still doing pretty good in the tcg, given that astrograph sorcerer and electrumite are so good

their hits weren't really as hard as the tcgs was, limiting double iris and dark wurm isn't as bad as we currently have it, they also have 1 joker they can still play too

pendulum magicians are still doing pretty good in the tcg, given that astrograph sorcerer and electrumite are so good

Correct, I'm saying even a objectively better version of the deck is only tier 2

TCG has just banned so many cards it didn't need to that everything is over-centralized 

...The current meta we have isn't dominated by True Dracos at all. True Dracos take around middle of tier-2 while Pendulum Magicians sit alone at tier 1.

The differences in performance between OCG and TCG versions of Pendulum Magicians depends on a lot of factors, card-pool being only one, and not even the most significant. OCG has newer cards and different decks out, which creates a much different environment for decks to be in, which affects what the deck's match-ups in a given meta are going to be. It can be as simple as saying that the decks, or versions of decks, that the TCG Pendulum Magicians have as its match-ups create a much more desirable environment for them than the OCG format.

I kinda want a change in the current meta that we have, dominated by true draco, not to mention pendulum magicians. There's also a lot of other stuff that could start to come off, but doesn't and hasn't for quite a while now.

Banned

Astrograph Sorcerer

( it's not once per turn, gets you a free monster on board and a plus 1, searchable with electrumite )

( the ftk involving this card isn't exactly the most meta deck, but at the same time all this card really does is enable different kinds of ftks involving it )

Limited

( with one master peace the deck isn't dead, but isn't as powerful as it is now )

Scapegoat

( with the introduction of links this card has gotten significantly more powerfu, giving you 4 free tokens for a link summon ) 

those were all the important cards, these next ones will be what I wanna see off, given that they aren't impactful anymore

Semi-Limited

Qliphort Scout

Gateway of the Six

( throw monarch players a bone, given that in the tcg they have stormforth and ether limited )

Unlimited 

Necroface

( is the card annoying? sure, but it's not very good. Bringing it from 2 to 3 won't suddenly make all of the banish decks meta ) 

Chain Strike

( same thing as necroface, bringing it back to 3 from 2 won't suddenly make chain burn meta )

( with the unbanning of torrential tribute and solemn judgment, having a card like this back at 3 would be really nice, since if you were playing a more trap focused deck with it you could reliably see it if you play 3 copies, if players even decide to play it ) 

True Dracos are so far from dominating. They are not worth hitting at all. Hitting it is the equivalent of kicking a dude's crutches out from underneath him because he regained the ability to somewhat walk.

Astrograph doesn't need to be banned. He's only abusable because of electrumite. Fantastic card, not ban worthy.

Master Peace doesn't need to be touched. Bring Knuckle off the ban list if you want to see true terror.

Scout, Gateway and Pantheism can skip semi-limited and go straight to unlimited.

Necroface, Compuls and Chain Strike can go to three as well. Just makes playing against nerds more annoying but that's fine.

Banning Astrograph seems a little too much (not even for pend magicians), but there is another problem that can be adressed by limiting him and chronograph, you cut the initial free fodder for electrumite. True you only need 1 to make bullcarp, but I feel like at 1 will make magicians less consistent, and other pendulum decks to not run it unless they have a reliable way to search it (not counting wavering eyes)

• 2 weeks later...

Banned

Astrograph Sorcerer

Limited

Scapegoat

Semi-Limited

Qliphort Scout

Gateway of the Six

Unlimited 

Necroface

Chain Strike

I agree with the dude above in limiting astrograph. I don't really think chronograph should be hit though.

Sure, ban nightingale.

Banning masterpeace wouldn't kill draco. Sure, current draco would be dead, but if we got dinomight, ignis and return back to 3, I wouldn't mind him being banned, and I play draco. I might be a bit biased because I liked playing draco without masterpeace in zoo format, but...

Scapegoat isn't a card that should get limited. It should be either at 3 or 0, but not 1. A lot of decks that play it do so at 1 or 2 copies anyway, and it is a risk reward card, you can't really make use of it until your second turn, and there's a lot of balances to it. Not every deck can run the card, and even as a 1 card borreload, I still consider it somewhat fair.

Scout, fine. Pantheism, although it's a straight +1, fine, but not gateway. I have played when gateway was at 3, and even without xyz, 2 gateway at the same time was crazy. the problem with gateway is that they stack, they pull cards from the graveyard, and a lot of six sam cards special summon themselves from the hand, not once per turn. Thus, with 2 gateway, you can normal summon a six samurai monster, search kizan, then keep searching, summoning, and linking away kizans until you made a board of anything you want. Anything at all. Granted, getting both copies of a semi-limited card is extremely unlikely, but it's too crazy to bring back.

Necroface and compulse, sure, who cares anyway. I don't think even paleos play compulse.

As for chain burn being irrelevent, I'd say right now, with balance of judgement, card of demise, and pot of desires, along with no other chain burn card being on the banlist, bringing back chain strike seems silly, especially since chain burn won 2017 world championship dragon duels. I haven't the slightest what 'dragon duels' means, but this event had, among other things, full power true draco, so...

Just my thoughts on this issue.

Archived