Dark Magician Child

ABC Gun

Artwork: https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1380126

eN1gprh.jpg
Dark Magician Child (Spellcaster/DARK/Level 1/Effect/ATK 300/DEF 200)
(This card is always treated as a "Magician Girl" card.)
This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the GY. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with these effects.
● Each time a Normal or Quick-Play Spell Card is activated, place 3 Spell Counters on this card (max 12).
● (Quick Effect): You can remove 6 or more Spell Counters from your field, and if you do; Special Summon up to 2 Spellcaster monsters from your hand, Main Deck, and/or GY that can be Normal Summoned/Set, but they cannot be used for a Special Summon that requires monsters as materials, except a Spellcaster monster. Those monsters' Levels become the number of Spell Counters removed to activate this effect. You can only use this effect of "Dark Magician Child" once per turn.

For many years now, we have all suspected something was up with Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl (because "naughty" fan art exists), and we now know without a doubt, according to Maury Povich himself, "Dark Magican IS the father". All joking aside, I designed this card because... I had to I saw this artwork and I had to make this particular card to suit that artwork, I can't help it sometimes when I see some artwork that I think would make for a great card. Its main purposes are; 1. To give players a reason to play more Normal and Quick-Play Spells with their Spellcasters kind of like what Konami tried to do with the Dark Magician support we got in The Dark Illusion booster, mostly putting in a few more Spellbook Spells that might help your Deck, 2. Its second effect does what the support I just mentioned doesn't do, instant Xyz Summoning of Rank 6 or 7 Xyz Monsters, specifically the very few Rank 6 and 7 Spellcaster Xyz Monsters that have been made. Of course this card being a Gemini allows you to use the many Normal Spells (and few Quick-Play Spells) that support Normal Monsters, it also has an Archetype condition making it a "Magician Girl" monster so you can use it as fodder for the effects of other Magician Girls. Of course you don't have to just Xyz Summon, you could also Link Summon monsters using this card and the other monsters she Special Summoned, like Akashic Magician or Summon Sorceress both of which would greatly benefit from this card's effect. Its also a Gemini monster because her father was a Normal Monster (Dark Magician), and her mother was an Effect Monster (Dark Magician Girl), see what I did there.

IMO "Dark Magician Kid" is a better name. Naming it as Child sounds a bit off to me.

Name aside, this card is what I would call an "awesome but impractical" card. On one hand, the effect is potent, since Summoning 2 monsters from anywhere is a strong play. On the other hand, accessing the effect is a pain, since not only it needs a Gemini Summon, also you need to play at least 2 Normal/Quick-Play Spells to get the Counters.

So, I would prefer if this card was closer to a balanced spectrum. That is, make the effect more accessible, but in exchange of, let's say, summoning only 1 monsters, or some other kind of drawback/restriction.

IMO "Dark Magician Kid" is a better name. Naming it as Child sounds a bit off to me.

Name aside, this card is what I would call an "awesome but impractical" card. On one hand, the effect is potent, since Summoning 2 monsters from anywhere is a strong play. On the other hand, accessing the effect is a pain, since not only it needs a Gemini Summon, also you need to play at least 2 Normal/Quick-Play Spells to get the Counters.

So, I would prefer if this card was closer to a balanced spectrum. That is, make the effect more accessible, but in exchange of, let's say, summoning only 1 monsters, or some other kind of drawback/restriction.

Yeah but I like it as a Gemini as it makes sense that a Normal Monster and Effect Monster would have a Gemini monster as a baby.

Archived