Eclipse Eliminator

Atypical-Abbie

A Fusion Monster designed for LIGHT and DARK Fusion Decks, the ones I have on my mind are: Melodious, Cyber Dragon, Blue-Eyes, A-to-Z, Ojama, Moonlight, Predaplant, Magician (Dark Magician and Pendulums to an extend). It is both LIGHT and DARK while on the field. It allows for an easy search for any of those Decks, and any Chaos-based Decks as well, though you don't get the first effect that way, so while it can be easier to bring out, it does come with a downside there. Along with that, it is easily able to get back banished monsters, which works well in Cyber Dragon and Moonlight especially, but others also have a few ways they can banish cards, Melodious can take advantage of applying a Special Summon to certain monsters, by simply banishing and returning the monster you banished again, though you can also simply grab a new monster and get back your monster in the End Phase, as it returns back then.

eclipse_eliminator_by_zaziuma-dc6vred.jp

3 LIGHT and/or DARK monsters
While face-up on the field, this card is also DARK-Attribute. If this card is Fusion Summoned by using 3 LIGHT monsters or 3 DARK monsters: You can add 1 LIGHT or 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can banish 1 other LIGHT or DARK monster you control, then target 1 of your banished LIGHT or DARK monsters; Special Summon it, but banish it during the End Phase, and if you do, return the monster banished to activate this effect to your field.

As contradictory as this may sound, this is too fair to be good, IMO. The effects are solid: the search is deceptively great, and the other effect is fine for some combo plays, triggering stuff, etc. The issue, however, it's the typing and the material requirements. I could get behind it if it required 2 in exchange of more appropriate stats for a 2-material Fusion, but 3... it makes it a bit too inaccessible. Not having access to any Miracle Fusion Spell (e.g. Overload Fusion, the Spellcaster Miracle Fusion) doesn't help either. Really, AFAIK its only chances at having any impact in the meta is through Future Fusion by turning it into a "mill 3 DARK/LIGHT monsters", or in variants of Shaddolls and/or Invoked since it's still Summonable through Invokation, Aleister can be used as material, and Shaddolls would float, compensating the minuses you otherwise would take for Summoning it. And even then, Future Fusion isn't reliable enough for the meta, and I can't tell if Shaddoll will be anywhere near the top tiers after the OCG's April banlist.

Something that occurs to me is making it search a DARK/LIGHT monster depending on the # of attributes you used for its Summon. For instance, if you use 2 DARKs and 1 LIGHT, then make it grab a DARK, if oyu use 2 LIGHTs/1 DARK, then it grabs a LIGHT.  Or viceversa if you want to enhance its Chaos flavor. That would make it more flexible since you get to combine DARK and LIGHT floaters to balance the steep 3-material requirement with no Miracle Fusion shortcuts.

As contradictory as this may sound, this is too fair to be good, IMO. The effects are solid: the search is deceptively great, and the other effect is fine for some combo plays, triggering stuff, etc. The issue, however, it's the typing and the material requirements. I could get behind it if it required 2 in exchange of more appropriate stats for a 2-material Fusion, but 3... it makes it a bit too inaccessible. Not having access to any Miracle Fusion Spell (e.g. Overload Fusion, the Spellcaster Miracle Fusion) doesn't help either. Really, AFAIK its only chances at having any impact in the meta is through Future Fusion by turning it into a "mill 3 DARK/LIGHT monsters", or in variants of Shaddolls and/or Invoked since it's still Summonable through Invokation, Aleister can be used as material, and Shaddolls would float, compensating the minuses you otherwise would take for Summoning it. And even then, Future Fusion isn't reliable enough for the meta, and I can't tell if Shaddoll will be anywhere near the top tiers after the OCG's April banlist.

Something that occurs to me is making it search a DARK/LIGHT monster depending on the # of attributes you used for its Summon. For instance, if you use 2 DARKs and 1 LIGHT, then make it grab a DARK, if oyu use 2 LIGHTs/1 DARK, then it grabs a LIGHT.  Or viceversa if you want to enhance its Chaos flavor. That would make it more flexible since you get to combine DARK and LIGHT floaters to balance the steep 3-material requirement with no Miracle Fusion shortcuts.

I get where you are coming from, but I wanted it to have decent stats, so not sure how I feel about using only 2 materials. As for milling, while it can be helpful for some Decks, it doesn't help the ones I was trying to support the most, that being Melodious, Moonlight etc. I am a bit confused about your 2 DARK and 1 LIGHT thing, not sure that's what I want to do either. I appreciate the help, but personally it doesn't fit what I was going for.

My idea is to make it grab the Attribute you spent the most for its Summon. If you use 2~3 DARKs, it grabs a DARK, if 2~3 LIGHTs, then it grabs a LIGHT. That way you can still use the other attribute to complete for the Fusion without forsaking the search.

The other funny idea was to reverse the attribute search (using 2~3 DARKs would let you grab a LIGHT), for a stronger chaos feel and also to make the card more strategic, as you need to mix DARKs and LIGHTs in your deck to make the most out of the effect.

Archived