(Written) Doing a request, Chaosix

Chaosix: If I were to make any 1 card to be printed IRL, it would be a Link-2 version of Gagaga Cowboy.

I came up with this: you choose to further link plays or send them to grave to keep inflicting 800 Damage to your opponent's Life Points. Also it's high noon somewhere in the world

CybBAMF McCree: Link 2 | EARTH | Cyberse-Type | Link monster | 2400 ATK | Link-2 | Link points N and SE

2+ monsters with 1000 or less ATK

If this card is pointing to a monster you control, this card can not be targeted by your opponent's Spell and Trap cards. If this card is pointing to a monster your opponent controls, this card can not be targeted for attacks. During either player's turn, you can send 1 card this card points to the GY, inflict 800 Damage to your opponent's Life Points and if you do; you can target 1 monster your opponent control, it's loses 800 ATK until the End Phase. If your opponent controls a monster with 0 ATK; destroy those monster(s).

Perhaps a tad too much attack, considering how generic its Materials are. But then again, it does point North, so you're not getting your SE/SW pointers here. I would suggest the last effect shouldn't activate (i.e. remove the semicolon) merely apply when the condition is reached, akin to Venom Swamp. It's a very unique card in its effects, but I always felt the pointing to a monster your opponent controls to be a bit reachy at best, as your opponent has 4-5 zones to play around it. Ah well, if you time it right, you get free removal, burn, and ATK loss. Will comment that the semicolon placement in said effect is a bit off, as it normally indicates the cost required to perform the effect, i.e. what happens immediately at activation. Targeting can't also happen in the middle of an effect, at least not with modern PSCT. Here's my suggested wording:

(Quick Effect): You can send 1 card this card points to the GY; inflict 800 damage to your opponent and if you do, 1 face-up monster your opponent controls loses 800 ATK until the End Phase.

"During either player's turn:" has been replaced by "(Quick Effect)", everything past the semicolon is what happens at resolution, rather than activation, and the last effect has been ripped from Nothung the Starlight. Good show. But yeah, fun card, memey at best but not terrible.

Archived