Platuner Archetype (15/15)

Atypical-Abbie

Platuner is an Archetype of Level 1 Tuners with 500 ATK and DEF and various types and Attributes. They focus on Synchro Summoning using ONLY Tuners, rather than using non-Tuners as well, and also deal a bit with top Deck mechanics. The Synchro Monsters have other Levels and ATK and DEF, and are all Synchro Tuners.

Their main strategy is to use Army of the Platuners to Special Summon as many Tuners from your hand as possible to get out their Synchro Monsters fastly, and activate the various effects your monsters have when Special Summoned from the hand. A lot their monsters have various kinds of effects, but a few of their Main Deck monsters also have equip based effects that are meant to boost your Synchro Monsters, which are fairly low Level and have low stats with extra ATK and DEF, as well as protection and other forms of effects as well, though the Deck is also meant to be a starting off point for higher Level Tuner Synchros, and as they require generic Tuners, the card Yokotuner, which was my inspiration for these, works very well with them.

Platuner is a portmanteau of Platoon and Tuner, and their names, well, I gotta say, I had their Archetype name in mind for a long time, I had it sitting around ready to use when a random number generator got around to choosing it, finally it did, and I was kind of stumped on what to do with their card names. I have done army based Archetypes before, so I didn't want to do that, so instead, I thought, a platoon is a group of two or more people, so why not make the Archetype based around things that are typically considered two or more of, for example wings and gloves, as well as things that are typically considered to be two, like scissor blades and pants. It's odd, and honestly I wish I could change it, but I had no other ideas, and I committed to it after a while, so it's some very odd things I had to make into cards here, but hope you get what I'm going for anyway.

Main Deck Monsters:

Platuner Loudspeakers

Machine/EARTH/Tuner

Level 1

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned from your hand: You can Specials Summon 1 "Platuner" monster from your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Tuners. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target up to 4 other "Platuner" monsters in your GY; place them on top of your Deck in any order. You can only use this effect of "Platuner Loudspeakers" once per turn.

500/500

Platuner Long Wings

Winged Beast/WIND/Tuner

Level 1

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned from your hand: You can add 1 "Platuner" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Tuners. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can add 1 "Platuner" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Long Wings" once per turn.

500/500

Platuner Tree Roots

Plant/EARTH/Tuner

Level 1

When this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned from your hand: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, send any excavated "Platuner" cards to the GY, then Special Summon the same number of "Platuner Tree Roots" from your hand and/or Deck, also, after that, place the remaining cards on the top or bottom of your Deck in any order, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except Tuners. You can send any number of "Platuner" monsters you control to the GY, then target the same number of "Platuner" cards in your GY with different names; add them to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Platuner Tree Roots" once per turn.

500/500

Platuner Woolen Pants

Beast/EARTH/Tuner

Level 1

(Quick Effect): You can target 1 Tuner Synchro Monster you control; equip this card from your hand or field to that target. A monster equipped with this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects, also it gains 500 ATK and DEF. If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 other "Platuner" monster in your GY; place that target on top of your Deck, then add this card to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Woolen Pants" once per turn.

500/500

Platuner Spiked Gloves

Rock/DARK/Tuner

Level 1

(Quick Effect): You can target 1 Tuner Synchro Monster you control; equip this card from your hand or field to that target. A monster equipped with this card cannot be destroyed by battle, also it gains 500 ATK and DEF. If this card is equipped to a Synchro Monster: You can send both this card and that equipped monster to the GY; destroy monsters your opponent control up to that monster's Level in the GY. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Spiked Gloves" once per turn.

500/500

Platuner Snow Shoes

Aqua/WATER/Tuner

Level 1

(Quick Effect): You can target 1 Tuner Synchro Monster you control; equip this card from your hand or field to that target. A monster equipped with this card cannot be banished or Tributed, also it gains 500 ATK and DEF. If this card is sent to the GY while equipped to a Synchro Monster: You can Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Snow Shoes" once per turn.

500/500

Extra Deck Monsters:

Platuner Scissor Blades

Machine/DARK/Synchro/Tuner

Level 2

2 Tuners

If this card is Synchro Summoned by using a "Platuner" Tuner as material: You can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the GY, then destroy Spells/Traps your opponent control up to the number of Tuners sent. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 other "Platuner" Tuner in your GY; Special Summon that target in Defense Position, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except Tuners for the rest of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Scissor Blades" once per turn.

1000/1000

Platuner Firelogs

Pyro/FIRE/Synchro/Tuner

Level 3

2+ Tuners

If this card is Synchro Summoned by using a "Platuner" Tuner as material: You can look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, you can show 1 of them to your opponent and add it to your hand, also, after that, place the remaining cards on top or bottom of your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Platuner Firelogs" once per turn. Once per Chain, during your opponent's Main or Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 Synchro Monster, using materials including this card you control.

1500/1500

Platuner Swimming Trunks

Aqua/WATER/Synchro/Tuner

Level 4

2+ Tuners

If this card is Synchro Summoned by using a monster that was equipped with a "Platuner" monster: You can equip 1 "Platuner" monster from your hand or Deck to this card. You can send 1 Equip Card equipped to this card to the GY; draw 2 cards, then place 1 card from your hand on top of your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Platuner Swimming Trunks" once per turn.

1800/1800

Platuner Dragon Eyes

Dragon/LIGHT/Synchro/Tuner

Level 5

2+ Tuners

If this card is Synchro Summoned by using only Synchro Monsters as material: You can make your opponent send 2 cards from their hand to the GY (or their entire hand, if less than 2). You can only use this effect of "Platuner Dragon Eyes" once per turn. While this card is equipped with a card that was originally a Tuner, it gains 500 ATK and DEF, also if Synchro Summoning using this card, you can treat it as a non-Tuner.

2000/2000

Spells/Traps:

Platuner Camp Stations

Field Spell

Once per turn: You can add 1 "Platuner" monster from your Deck to your hand, then place 1 "Platuner" monster from your hand on top of your Deck. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Platuner" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Tuners the turn this card is activated.

Army of the Platuners

Normal Spell

Excavate the top 5 cards of your Deck, Special Summon Tuners from your hand up to the number of "Platuner" monsters excavated, then place the cards excavated on the bottom of your Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Tuners the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Army of the Platuners" per turn.

Platuner Double Training

Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 "Platuner" monster you control; it becomes Level 2, then you can reveal any number of "Platuner" monsters in your hand to increase its Level by that amount. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish it from your GY, then target 1 "Platuner" monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, during the next Standby Phase, Special Summon that monster.

Platuner Heterochromia

Normal Trap

Target 2 Tuner monsters in your GY with different names; Special Summon them, but they are destroyed during the next Standby Phase, then if you control no other monsters, you can immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon 1 "Platuner" Synchro Monster using those monsters as material. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except Tuners the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Platuner Heterochromia" per turn.

Platuner Armory

Continuous Trap

When this card is activated: You can target 1 "Platuner" monster in your GY and 1 Tuner Synchro Monster you control; equip the first target to the second target. Once per turn: You can target 1 Tuner Synchro Monster you control, then activate 1 of these effects;

● Equip 1 other "Platuner" monster from your hand or field to that target.

● Special Summon 1 equipped "Platuner" monster that is equipped to that monster.

Archived