As you all have noticed by now, this section is very much barren in terms of activity so I want to have a discussion about where you all stand in its future. At the time of writing, there's literally posts from a year ago still on page 1.
Since the dissolution of both 2099 and the YCM Duel Portal format, plus most (if not all) of the DP regulars moving to their own Discord chat for various reasons, the section really boils down to just the support thread and a few minor questions.
Why did you make the section in the first place if it was going to die out?
At the time of conception back in late 2014, it was designed to give members more space to expand on Duel Portal ideas instead of getting stuck inside the support thread. For a good while, we did have all iterations of the YCM DP format and 2099, plus some discussion on other stuff.
But again, after both formats dissolved and the DP Discord being formed, yeah, this section generally lost its purpose.
Main ideas for this area were the following:
- Any potential formats you wanted to have for testing your stuff (essentially, filter out the things you don't want from Konami and then apply them to your own stuff).
- This was the case for DPF, 2099 and the short-lived AGM thing in its infancy (actually, it is still alive but it's exponentially larger and the banlist has definitely changed).
- Hosting tournaments on the server.
- There have been a few during this section's lifetime, but more front-heavy.
- During the time Dueling Network was out, a lot of you used this to get things done as an alternative until Book came around.
- Card discussion that would be pertinent to what's on DP and not for the existing meta.
- However, unlike Advanced and Casual (including Free Design if you want to go there), the pools are larger, strictly member generated and generally harder to comment for, given its instability and the addition of possible generics/engine cards that may make/break Decks.
- Some of you who design cards for DP do post them in the regular areas as well.
Bottom-line, this section did have a lot of the things above during its working period, but various factors in recent times have caused the decline in this area.
What do I want from you, the member base?
How you feel about this section's existence at present, in light of the recent factors contributing to its decline?
Outside of the support threads and all because a good chunk of you here do use Duel Portal and are not on the Discord, should we keep the section around?
What should be done with it?
Try to make it more appealing for users to come to [maybe get some of the DP Discord members to come here / return], host more tournaments, try to revamp the DP format, etc.
Or if this section's outlived its useful life, just retire it.
Those of you who have used Duel Portal and this section at any point in time are highly encouraged to give your thoughts on the matter.