Alpha Shark - Citadel of Shadows (*insert Jaws theme remix here*)

Black D'Sceptyr

alpha_shark_citadel_of_shadows_by_bdscep

[spoiler=Vylon Gamma: Info]

DARK/Sea Serpent-Type Xyz Effect Monster/Rank 7/2650 ATK/2750 DEF

Lore: 2 Level 7 WATER monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding 1 WATER monster, then using a Fish Xyz Monster you control as material. (Transfer its materials to this card.) All WATER monsters you control cannot be targeted by card effects. If this card attacks an opponent's Defense Position monster, inflict doubled piercing battle damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except WATER monsters, also Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher Fish monster from your hand or Deck.

See, Reginald Kastle, amazing as he is, has a chronic crapton of Fish monsters (well, besides Mr. Summon Toadally Awesome for Peanuts.Xyz) that could work but are hampered by setup, and lack of viable usage. There is also a bevy of Level 7 or higher Fishies that can easily make life utter mayhem for your opponent but are mainly hampered with how out-of your way you have to go to summon them.

SO.....this card was made with none of that in mind and a wholesale firesale of effects that can help Fish monsters find a new niche. 

Something beyond Bahamut-into-the-Xyz-Monster-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. 

Of course. 

(also lol at this card being named and Type-ified after Orca Mega but with the order-of-magnitude upped stats of Fortress Whale. I was super stoked making this card, only time will tell if that translated to overdoing it.)

Until next time, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BDS, signing off.

The Fish -> Sea-Serpent reminds me of the archetype I'm doing with Fishes supporting Sea-Serpents and vice versa. Shame we only have 3 Fishes for this card to be Summoned on top of. By not requiring a Sea-Serpent, it prevents Bahamut->Toadally+This bad boi. Might've given them that extra nudge they need, tbqh, as Bahamut->Toadally isn't that widespread with the loss of Norden, but that's your call I suppose. Would've liked to have seen it in Gishki for that, but for now...it's severely limited to Kastle's decklist, which this card does sort of help by turning any R3/R5 into a boss, but...it would've seen far better play outside of that.

Would've liked to have seen it in Gishki for that, but for now...it's severely limited to Kastle's decklist, which this card does sort of help by turning any R3/R5 into a boss, but...it would've seen far better play outside of that.

Oh

you'll likely be surpised.

I DO HAVE A GISHKI (well, Gishki-adjacent) support card in hand. 

Archived