Gifts of the Cosmos

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Gifts of the Cosmos

[Normal Spell]

Special Summon 1 "Star Giant Token" (Pyro/LIGHT/Level 12/ATK 3500/ DEF 3500) to your opponent's side of the field, then draw 2 cards. This Token is unaffected by card effects and it cannot be Tributed. You can only activate "Gifts of the Cosmos" per turn.

I'm personally iffy about giving the opponent a boss strength Token, even if it does yield you 2 cards; considering the fact the opponent can still use it to Link Summon, attack you or use it as a wall. I want to say give the Token zero DEF so you could run over it if needed on summoning, but then this card would then amount to Pot of Greed in a way.

(Then again, this can be combo'd with cards that can take control of stuff and Token cannot be Kaiju'd, so guess it goes both ways.)

Guest BGMCANN0N

I see where both of you are coming from, but what about entertaining the idea of decks that have the capability of attacking over most things, e.g. Bujin, Deskbots, any Deck that runs Moon Mirror Shield, etc.

I see where both of you are coming from, but what about entertaining the idea of decks that have the capability of attacking over most things, e.g. Bujin, Deskbots, any Deck that runs Moon Mirror Shield, etc.

The former has Crane or something to run over this iirc, so they don't have issues. Not sure on Deskbots because I don't really play them / haven't tested. Latter would work, but then it's reliant on you actually DRAWING Moon Mirror. You also have the luxury of using this with cards that can swap stats with the opponent's monster, so there's another consideration. Then again, anything with a Honest equivalent or something can get around this Token having massive stats. 

(Obscure as hell, but you can still Riryoku the Token and make one of your other monsters gain a massive buff. Might be another card or two that can reduce stuff to zero and you gain its ATK/DEF as LP or something, but I can't recall them off top of head.)

It would be unaffected by swapping effects, though.

Still, in Bujins, Deskbots, etc. I would rather run Desires before this. A 3500-stat immune behemoth is tough to kill and I think it can backfire badly. Lightning Utopia can also run over it and it's a really splashable monster, but still, personally I wouldn't risk it when I can just run Desires.

I get the idea behind this. Give your opponent an almighty monster in exchange for a draw 2. Kind of so that your draw doesn't look as potent compared to what your opponent wields. I did something similar with a monster that switched control with an opponent's in exchange for doubled ATK and immunity. Only out I can think of for this monster is stuff that can reach higher ATK like the aforementioned Utopia the Lightning. Sure, as mentioned before there's better draw cards. But that's kind of the whole point of this card. A high risk reward card (albeit with a much bigger risk). I like it. Even if it is risky.

Archived