Goblet Shattering Ritual

Sleepy

Goblet Shattering Ritual

[Ritual Spell]

This card is used to Ritual Summon a non-Effect Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute a monster(s) from your hand or field and/or send 1 monster from your Extra Deck to the GY, whose total Levels are equal to or higher than the Ritual Monster. You can discard this card; Reveal 1 Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster from your hand or field, except "Goblet Shattering Ritual", and either send it to the GY, or return it to the bottom of your Deck, and if you do, draw 2 cards. Then, you can return 1 banished Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster with the same name to your GY. You can only use each effect of "Goblet Shattering Ritual" once per turn.

- - - -

-Helps old vanilla Rituals giving them a generic Ritual Spell that has a Nekroz Kaleidoscope clause.

-This is the main point that made me make this: It is generic draw power for Ritual decks, and it even gives you a "return Ritual to Deck" clause to help with the consistency of drawing into "Preparation of Rites" and "Pre-Preparation of Rites". It also helps if your Manju/Senju/Sonic Bird/Herald of Arc Light/Deviritual cards would have nothing more to search.

-It unbanishes Rituals so something like "Machine Angel Ritual" would have a re-use.

Draw power for Rituals, huh. IMO it would be welcomed, although IDK if it would push Rituals a bit too far when they recently received support with the Evirituals, which already offer them a big boost by effectively generating +2s.

On the flavor side, I'm a bit confused about the name, in the sense that I can't imagine how the art would look like. I think it would be appropriate to associate it with the "Preparation of Rites" cards instead.

Draw power for Rituals, huh. IMO it would be welcomed, although IDK if it would push Rituals a bit too far when they recently received support with the Evirituals, which already offer them a big boost by effectively generating +2s.

On the flavor side, I'm a bit confused about the name, in the sense that I can't imagine how the art would look like. I think it would be appropriate to associate it with the "Preparation of Rites" cards instead.

The name is not a very concrete concept, but I went into looking for the English word for "caliz", as in not just "copa" but something fancier-sounding, and face-palmed when I saw the translation and remembered Harry Potter's 4th book had already told me the answer. Anyways...

Goblets are related to rituals, and you are shattering it instead of using it for the ritual it was meant for. 

I was thinking on making this card itself a Ritual Spell so that it could be searched by Sonic Bird or Manju, but finding out what it can Ritual Summon is always a different matter and the main focus was the drawing effect.

The effect itself takes advantage of a lot of things. Ritual Spell searching is usually +1s (Preparation, Pre-Preparation, Sonic Bird, Manju, and the new support). It can make Pre-Preparation live again by giving you back a Ritual Spell to search out, or use Preparation to get it from the GY (depending on which one you have at the moment). It recycles self-banishing effects like the Cyber Angel Rituals.

Finally, it tries to allow players to main deck Ritual Spells that are not necessarily for the Ritual Monsters they use. For example Cyber Angel Ritual protects any LIGHT so you could search out the Spell and discard it with this as a draw engine somewhere and protect something like a Bujin field (for example).

I see. That concept makes enough sense to me.

Also... I misread. I  thought it required Ritual Monsters, not Spells, but Spells is just as good, if not better, because then it can make for some draw power with Sonic Bird, although it wouldn't work with Senju,but you should be running Manju first anyway. How about either a Ritual Spell, or Monster? That way, it can fix your hand whether you have a monster but no Spell, or vice-versa. Plus it will give it more potential as a draw engine by searching Ritual Monsters with stuff like ROTA and whatnot.

I would appreciate if it was a Ritual Spell, yeah. How about something generic-ish? like a Kaleidoscope for non-Effect or Level4 or lower Rituals. Even if you aren't running any targets, the card being Ritual Spell would give advantages like the ones you mention.

I see. That concept makes enough sense to me.

Also... I misread. I  thought it required Ritual Monsters, not Spells, but Spells is just as good, if not better, because then it can make for some draw power with Sonic Bird, although it wouldn't work with Senju,but you should be running Manju first anyway. How about either a Ritual Spell, or Monster? That way, it can fix your hand whether you have a monster but no Spell, or vice-versa. Plus it will give it more potential as a draw engine by searching Ritual Monsters with stuff like ROTA and whatnot.

I would appreciate if it was a Ritual Spell, yeah. How about something generic-ish? like a Kaleidoscope for non-Effect or Level4 or lower Rituals. Even if you aren't running any targets, the card being Ritual Spell would give advantages like the ones you mention.

I like the idea. Discard either Ritual Spells or Ritual Monster, and it being a Ritual Spell itself for something like vanilla Rituals sounds good.

EDITED~

A suggestion: make bullet points for the 2 effects, just for the PSCT. Otherwise it's not clear which effect you are using. Also, I see you didn't go for a Kaleidoscope effect. Would have been funny to mill Arc Light, Ntss, etc.

A suggestion: make bullet points for the 2 effects, just for the PSCT. Otherwise it's not clear which effect you are using. Also, I see you didn't go for a Kaleidoscope effect. Would have been funny to mill Arc Light, Ntss, etc.

Does it really matter?

Regardless of you return it to the Deck's bottom or send it to the GY, you are still getting the draws and potential un-banish.

And since it IS vanilla Rituals we are talking about, might as well let Arc Light support the spam lol. So might go for it.

Since this is now a ritual spell rather than a normal spell, maybe you should give a trigger for the draw effect.  Something like: "You can send this card from your hand to the GY: Reveal 1 Ritual Spell..."  As it is worded now, it makes it sound like the draw effect works right after you Ritual Summon a monster with it.

I also think it being able to send stuff from the field for the draw is... kinda pointless tbh.  It has an extremely niche utility, but I can't say there's any particular reason why it shouldn't be there either. *shrug*

[spoiler=AGM]

I like both versions of the card, but this one is definitely more interesting.  Gives it a unique place among generic ritual spells.  It just needs the fix for the draw effect and I think it'd be good to go.  It is your card though; if you prefer to have one version in over the other, you've got the final say.  You can post whichever one you want into the AGM Generics Thread.

Does it really matter?

Regardless of you return it to the Deck's bottom or send it to the GY, you are still getting the draws and potential un-banish.

And since it IS vanilla Rituals we are talking about, might as well let Arc Light support the spam lol. So might go for it.

Ah, nevermind me. When I read the edit I skipped the discard cost somehow so it loooked like activating the card allowed you to do both the Ritual Summon and the card drawing effects.

Archived