[New Cardmaker Test] Ground Dragoons of Draconia

Dova

U1TMx5R.png

Pendulum Effect:

When a Normal Monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step, also your monster gains 500 ATK.

Lore:

Despite lacking mounts, the subterranean infantry of the Draconia Empire have been known to relentlessly assault potential challengers as distant as the mysterious Nacha Order of the east.

A simple card today, but I decided to remake one I never posted simply to use the new cardmaker, and show you guys.

I think Normal Monsters have enough support in regards to consistency at the moment, so I decided to do something that the Draconia desperately needed; Armades clause. The ATK boost is just a cherry on top, although I wonder if I should restrict it to just when it attacks monsters in order to prevent massive PS OTKs...although I haven't played Pendulum much since MR4. I might even make more Draconia "support" as it were, as I really enjoyed writing the lore, but for now, here's a single.

I understand if there's not much to CnC, having a really simple effect, but hey, at least you can see how we're coming along in regards to the cardmaker.

2400 ATK Level 4 vanillas, especially with 2300 DEF, might not be per say broken by the standards of the current game, but definitely are past the current power curve of its contemporaries.

Ignoring that aspect of it, I think it is a pretty solid card. King of Feral Imps, Unexpected Dai, Painful Decision, Dark Factory, etc. There's plenty of support for it, and it has a decent low scale and good effect for vanillas.

As for the new card maker, that's pretty exciting.

Though even though the card name and typing looks fine, the font in the text box and for the numbers looks weird, and is a bit on the smaller end....

Also, I think current cards would now say [Normal] as one of the types.

Thematically, Level 4 Vanillas don't go over 2000 ATK and usually have low DEF [Konami might break this trend, but for now, just assume that is the upper bar]; this having the equivalent strength of a Level 6-7 on both sides coupled with being a Pendulum (the nerfs from MR4 notwithstanding) is pushing it.

Lowering both its stats by 500 each would keep it within the usual power range for a Level 4. Or you can bump it to a Level 5 and you get Ancient Rules / Summoner's Art support. 

=====

As for the Pendulum effect, Armades effect is fine, but iffy on the stat boost. You could probably leave it off and it does whatever you need to for the most part.

=====

Font-wise, we know it's an issue but Yemachu's still figuring out something on that at the moment. Same with the other stuff (well, Pendulum/Normal now), but Dova likely forgot to change stuff in the box or something.

O O F meant to be Level 6 sorry, as we already have a Level 3, 4 and 5 for Draconia. Do you think that makes it too weak? And can't believe I said effect. Ah well, that's what I get for being in a hurry to show it off. Well done Dova.

Fixes made.

I think 6 is good. 3 to 6 is all good for the Draconia scales.

I don't have the best of memories but rather than [Reptile / Effect] I thought it said [Reptile / Pendulum]. Though now it says [Reptile / Normal] when it should say [Reptile / Pendulum / Normal]

(I'd personally put Normal before Pendulum but I think the game does it the other way around).

The version you posted is Cyberse Type. I assuming is a mistake along its Level.

You may as well give it Monarch stats, since Draconians appear to get as much support as possible. E.g. The FIRE has 200 DEF, the WATER is a Salvage target. I agree with the above: Armades effect is good, but +1000 ATK? Not too sure about that. Perhaps 500, or only apply it on the first monster that attacks in the BP.

EDIT: Actually skip the part of Monarch stats. It seems the Draconians have an either ATK or DEF of 200 so to stay in theme you would have to give it an stat of 200 too. Also, why not "Underground Dragoons of Draconia"?

Gdi that took long. I think that this finally has all the stats and wording right. The new cardmaker doesn't save cards ATM, so I had to recreate from scratch every time, although this time I decided to actually leave the tab open.

ATK lowered. Yeah, thought it would be too much. Monarch support is a good idea.

EDIT: Lol ninja'd by your edit. Great name idea, stats changed.

my imgur right now:

vXEfTiE.jpg

The cardmaker's coming together really well! It just looks like some work needs to be done on the effect-text font scaling, and beyond that I only think the ATK/DEF numbers could be made bigger, along with the pendulum scale numbers. Beyond that it's looking great!

Regarding the card, just an update on your PSCT:

"When a Normal Monster you control battles an opponent's monster..."

That's the only part that needs updating. The text for "Attacks or is attacked" refers pretty much just to when an attack is declared, but then the proper text would be "When an attack is declared involving..."

A little bit of a nitpick, I know. Otherwise, it looks like a proper Draconia monster.

Thanks for the PSCT tip! I don't want to have to remake the card unless I'm editing the stats or something, but it's duly noted for future reference.

Thanks for the cardmaker suggestions as well!

Archived