I think I fixed the Neos Contact Fusions [6/6]

ABC Gun

Artwork for all cards: http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Enigmans

​[spoilersNeos Monsters]

nBNLMyk.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Bronte (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 1/Effect/ATK 300/DEF 200)

If a face-up monster(s) on the field is shuffled into the Deck (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then draw 1 card. If this face-up card on the field is shuffled into the Deck: You can add 1 Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand that lists a "Neos", "Chrysalis" or "Neo-Spacian" monster(s) in its text. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Neos Bronte" once per turn.

GAZglfg.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Bellus (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 2/Effect/ATK 500/DEF 0)

Once per turn: You can send 1 "Neo-Spacian" or "Chrysalis" monster from your hand, field, or Deck to the GY, then target 1 face-up monster you control; that target's name becomes the sent monster's name, and it gains that monster's effects. These changes last until the End Phase. If this face-up card on the field is shuffled into the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", or "Chrysalis" monster from your Deck, except "Elemental HERO Neos Bellus". You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Neos Bellus" once per turn.

OXxBL1O.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Femina (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 3/Effect/ATK 400/DEF 700)

If you control no monsters, or if all monsters you control are "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Elemental HERO Neos Femina" once per turn this way. If this card is Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", or "Chyrsalis" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Elemental HERO Femina". If this face-up card on the field is shuffled into the Deck: You can add 1 Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand that lists a "Neos", "Chrysalis" or "Neo-Spacian" monster(s) in its text. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Neos Femina" once per turn.

VgYHhYt.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Lux (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 5/Effect/ATK 2000/DEF 1500)

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monster from your hand or field. You can only Special Summon "Elemental HERO Neos Lux" once per turn this way. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monster, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If this face-up card on the field is shuffled into the Deck: You can Special Summon 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", or "Chrysalis" monster from your Deck, except "Elemental HERO Neos Lux". You can only use this effect of "Elemental HERO Neos Lux" once per turn.

Xb3ezWl.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Amare (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 7/Fusion/Effect/ATK 2500/DEF 2000)

1 "Neos" monster + 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster

Must first be Special Summoned (from the Extra Deck) by shuffling the above monsters you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) If this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: You can discard 1 card, then either; Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that lists "Elemental HERO Neos" as Fusion Material, ignoring its Summoning conditions, OR; Special Summon 1 Level 7 or lower "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monster from your GY, except "Elemental HERO Neos Amare". Once per turn, during the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field, then send it to the GY, and if you do; add 1 Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand that lists a "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", or "Chrysalis" monster(s) in its text. You can only use each effect of "Elemental HERO Neos Amare" once per turn.

6ekaGwH.jpg

​Elemental HERO Neos Stella (Warrior/LIGHT/Level 9/Fusion/Effect/ATK 3000/DEF 2500)

1 "Neos" monster + 2 "Neo-Spacian" monsters

Must first be Special Summoned (from the Extra Deck) by shuffling the above monsters you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn, if you Normal Summon a "Neos","Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monster: You can Special Summon 1 "Neos", "Neo-Spacian", "Chrysalis", or "HERO" monster from your hand or Deck with a different name. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. During the End Phase: Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck. When this card is shuffled into the Deck by this effect: Draw 3 cards.

​I hope this works, I spent a few days coming up with their effects and stats to make them as competitive as possible for the Neos Archetype (as well as HEROES). First off, I know nobody cares about the Chrysalis monsters, they've really never been relevant but I thought I would include them for the sake of the lore of the game and anime, and it wouldn't hurt. The Main Deck monsters serve to quick spam the field, while Bronte, Bellus, and Femina can change their names to become the appropriate Fusion Materials for a Neos Contact Fusion, in the cases of Bronte and Bellus they can also put monsters into your GY that you can use with Miracle Fusion. Lux allows you to Normal Summon twice a turn, but only for Neos, Neo-Spacian, Chrysalis, and HERO Monsters which is good for cards like Elemental HERO Blazeman, Solidman, and Stratos (wait nevermind, Stratos is never coming off the banlist), and all of them search cards when they've been shuffled into the Deck while face-up on the field, so basically by performing a Neos Contact Fusion or Drowning Mirror Force. Bronte and Lux add any cards that support or are apart of the HERO Family Tree (its easier then listing them all again) from your Deck to the hand, and Bellus and Femina get those same cards onto the field via Special Summon or directly Setting from the Deck. Elemental HERO Neos Amare can get out another copy of herself or one of the other Level 7 or lower Fusion Monsters that specifically list Elemental HERO Neos as material, but that other monster cannot attack directly and unless its Neos Knight then that monster and Amare will go back into the Extra Deck at the end of that turn. There is a chance to abuse this effect but I don't think its too likely as you have go -1 every time to activate the effect and with the current rules you would have to have at least a Link-3 Link with all arrows pointing to your field to get the most out of this while discarding a total of 3 cards. Last but not least, the Boss of this group Elemental HERO Neos Stella can help further spam your field if you Normal Summon a HERO Family Tree member, and like the other Level 9 Neos Contact Fusions when if shuffles itself into the Extra Deck it activates its own Graceful Charity effect to help you get the cards you might need for that Duel.

Seems Sakura turned a blind eye...but this is a 3 hour bump, mind you :P The art is 2great so you are forgiven tho.

I'm not fan of Bronte of being a better Prisma. I mean, in archetype it's pretty obvious, as any Fusion Materials listed on your monsters are guaranteed to be in your Deck, so this card has a much wider range and basically impossible to brick with, and gains the effect as well. Not only that, but outside in decks where Prisma is splashed, this card can mill Prisma from anywhere THEN do Prisma's effect. Not only that, but it's a 141 target, still a RotA and a Hero Lives targets, AND has an additional effect? I love the second effect, don't get me wrong, but the first effect needs to be hit. Bellus, on the other hand, does it a lot better, with its effects being basically the same in terms of basic power, yet being a lot more niche and archetypal in its usage. No complaints there. It's a little odd how Femina's second effect is slightly worse than Bronte's, and yet her first effect is also slightly worse. It's like how Bronte should've been, although the simple S/T searching didn't need nerfing. I would suggest giving the second effect a slight niche use, like allowing it to be activated that turn. Lux's generic search on the second effect for HERO monsters feat. everyone else is a better implementation of Bronte's first effect, as while it does generically search out a wide array of monsters, it is only in the niche use that is the Neo-Spacian's theme, so even if you do search out Honest Neos, you're still playing Contact Fusions, so...

Amare is decent without MR4, and not great with it, as our only HERO Link doesn't have 2 free zones to Link Summon to. Yes, there is such a thing as other Links, but this set of cards you've made is more to for consistency rather than swarming/speed, meaning Link Spam will not be its forte. Stella is a little interesting, with a stellar (lol) first effect and an odd second effect. I guess it means if you do lose Neo-Space, you get a bonus for your troubles? It does get you back for the extra materials you've used up, so it works in terms of balance.

While you only have a few issues with balance, my main concern is flavour. These cards...work with the Contact Fusions, yes...but that's it. You have on-shuffle effects, but each of the Main Deck monsters are basically Prisma or some variant of that. There's not really much connecting them to the Neo-Spacians at all. I also dislike the fact that you have such wide and varied searches going on, rather than letting some cards to X and others do Y. It just seems like a cop-out, at least in my book, especially when you go with the "listed" in the card text; you could probably drop "HERO" from those sort of search at the very least. Speak of which, why all of the HERO support? I could understand a little here and there, but all this seems to be doing is adding the Neo-Spacians to the mish-mash that is the HERO "archetype" for want of a better word. Again, I can't deny that these cards are helpful...but with a few name changes most of the effects could fit to support any Deck.

Seems Sakura turned a blind eye...but this is a 3 hour bump, mind you :P The art is 2great so you are forgiven tho.

I'm not fan of Bronte of being a better Prisma. I mean, in archetype it's pretty obvious, as any Fusion Materials listed on your monsters are guaranteed to be in your Deck, so this card has a much wider range and basically impossible to brick with, and gains the effect as well. Not only that, but outside in decks where Prisma is splashed, this card can mill Prisma from anywhere THEN do Prisma's effect. Not only that, but it's a 141 target, still a RotA and a Hero Lives targets, AND has an additional effect? I love the second effect, don't get me wrong, but the first effect needs to be hit. Bellus, on the other hand, does it a lot better, with its effects being basically the same in terms of basic power, yet being a lot more niche and archetypal in its usage. No complaints there. It's a little odd how Femina's second effect is slightly worse than Bronte's, and yet her first effect is also slightly worse. It's like how Bronte should've been, although the simple S/T searching didn't need nerfing. I would suggest giving the second effect a slight niche use, like allowing it to be activated that turn. Lux's generic search on the second effect for HERO monsters feat. everyone else is a better implementation of Bronte's first effect, as while it does generically search out a wide array of monsters, it is only in the niche use that is the Neo-Spacian's theme, so even if you do search out Honest Neos, you're still playing Contact Fusions, so...

Amare is decent without MR4, and not great with it, as our only HERO Link doesn't have 2 free zones to Link Summon to. Yes, there is such a thing as other Links, but this set of cards you've made is more to for consistency rather than swarming/speed, meaning Link Spam will not be its forte. Stella is a little interesting, with a stellar (lol) first effect and an odd second effect. I guess it means if you do lose Neo-Space, you get a bonus for your troubles? It does get you back for the extra materials you've used up, so it works in terms of balance.

While you only have a few issues with balance, my main concern is flavour. These cards...work with the Contact Fusions, yes...but that's it. You have on-shuffle effects, but each of the Main Deck monsters are basically Prisma or some variant of that. There's not really much connecting them to the Neo-Spacians at all. I also dislike the fact that you have such wide and varied searches going on, rather than letting some cards to X and others do Y. It just seems like a cop-out, at least in my book, especially when you go with the "listed" in the card text; you could probably drop "HERO" from those sort of search at the very least. Speak of which, why all of the HERO support? I could understand a little here and there, but all this seems to be doing is adding the Neo-Spacians to the mish-mash that is the HERO "archetype" for want of a better word. Again, I can't deny that these cards are helpful...but with a few name changes most of the effects could fit to support any Deck.

I'll fix these cards tomorrow, its too late for me right now. Thanks for the input.

I missed the bump period, but yeah, 12 hours in-between your own posts if no one else said anything.

(Will give these a look after you make fixes)

Got it, but you can look anyway and tell me what you think I should do. The more feedback I get the better I can fix these cards.

The main problem with Neos and friends are the need to actually have those guys out on the field in order to Contact Fuse (regular Neos + some Neo-Spacian) and them returning to the ED afterwards for whatever reason. So...let's see what you have here. 

Bronte: Technically a Neos-specific copy of Prisma, which isn't necessarily BAD or anything considering the Deck really needs it. But taking into consideration that it is a 141 target and summonable via A Hero Lives, etc, plus the searching effect when it gets used for Contact Fusion, yeah, you should just limit it to Neos monsters only so it doesn't take out Prisma's slot. But then again, limiting it to Neos monsters does restrict what you can mill with it, so...

Most of the support cards this can search in-archetype are bad.

Bellus: Retract what I said about Bronte needing to copy a Neo-Spacian, as this technically does it. The summoning effect gives them some field presence which gets lost after Contact Fusion, so that's nice. Honesty Neos is a valid target, original Neos is another thing because all of the fusions need HIM, not a "Neos" monster.

Femina: SS effect is fine and definitely name copying so you don't actually need to summon Neos or one of the Neo-Spacians if not needed. For what it's worth, makes Marine Neos easier to make (because you know Dolphin is also an ED monster and stuff). But that being said, it works better with the original Neos Fusions; not with your new ones because they don't mention specific names.

Neos Lux: Both of its first effects are fine for the most part, since Neos decks do lack summon presence and speed thereof. Searching effect is fine (well, considering the fact that Stratos is still banned TCG-side, this is about as good as you're getting).

Amare: In terms of this, you did alleviate the issue of having the OG Neos and a specific N/S monster for its summon, so...good job there, I guess. Problem being is that due to MR4, you can't really summon another Neos Fusion from the ED without having a Link Monster up, but be glad that you can actually get them out without running specific cards (i.e. Grand Neos because Mole is still Limited in 2018).

I don't like it having the forced return effect without it floating anything (which is also another problem). Yes, you technically have Neo Space to alleviate that, but if Konami ever hits it, they're screwed. In Legacy format, it does what you need it to do b/c no EMZ. This does break flavor slightly, but you could probably look into having it float Neos after it goes back to the ED.

Stella: Assuming you aren't running purely Neos cards (which I don't think you are / you should be running some regular HEROs), you can least summon stuff. General issues are that you probably used your NS to get either Neos or one of its N/S components out, so you can't really do much with it that turn. Neo Space helps it a bit, but given the power creep since Neos came out, you'll be hard-pressed to try making this without getting removed first. The "Graceful Charity"-esque effect on return isn't bad; suppose you can still trigger Shadow Mist if you even bothered to run it in Neos anyway.

====

Like Dova mentioned already, the effects are generally scattered over the place and are generally HEROs for the sake of it (though they do get access to the search cards, so...) Not to say these cards are bad, but the first two being technical Prisma clones doesn't help too much and consistency is an issue in terms of what they can do. HEROs already got enough support cards as-is, so...you didn't really have to include them.

Things Neos.dek really could've used are:

- Ways to actually summon the Neo-Spacians faster without having to jump through hoops. Bellus helps somewhat, but that only works if you use it as material for your Fusions.

- Forced return effect that all of them (bar Marine Neos) have. I did suggest Amare floating back into regular Neos (or Honesty) so you have something up instead of going for nothing.

Then again, Neos have very inconsistent support at the moment otherwise so I can't really see them surviving the current meta without giving them the above among other things. Stuff you made helps them, but in their own right, the Main Deck also has its inconsistencies and doesn't provide a lot of good supports to make them workable (i.e. Spell/Traps).

The main problem with Neos and friends are the need to actually have those guys out on the field in order to Contact Fuse (regular Neos + some Neo-Spacian) and them returning to the ED afterwards for whatever reason. So...let's see what you have here. 

Bronte: Technically a Neos-specific copy of Prisma, which isn't necessarily BAD or anything considering the Deck really needs it. But taking into consideration that it is a 141 target and summonable via A Hero Lives, etc, plus the searching effect when it gets used for Contact Fusion, yeah, you should just limit it to Neos monsters only so it doesn't take out Prisma's slot. But then again, limiting it to Neos monsters does restrict what you can mill with it, so...

Most of the support cards this can search in-archetype are bad.

Bellus: Retract what I said about Bronte needing to copy a Neo-Spacian, as this technically does it. The summoning effect gives them some field presence which gets lost after Contact Fusion, so that's nice. Honesty Neos is a valid target, original Neos is another thing because all of the fusions need HIM, not a "Neos" monster.

Femina: SS effect is fine and definitely name copying so you don't actually need to summon Neos or one of the Neo-Spacians if not needed. For what it's worth, makes Marine Neos easier to make (because you know Dolphin is also an ED monster and stuff). But that being said, it works better with the original Neos Fusions; not with your new ones because they don't mention specific names.

Neos Lux: Both of its first effects are fine for the most part, since Neos decks do lack summon presence and speed thereof. Searching effect is fine (well, considering the fact that Stratos is still banned TCG-side, this is about as good as you're getting).

Amare: In terms of this, you did alleviate the issue of having the OG Neos and a specific N/S monster for its summon, so...good job there, I guess. Problem being is that due to MR4, you can't really summon another Neos Fusion from the ED without having a Link Monster up, but be glad that you can actually get them out without running specific cards (i.e. Grand Neos because Mole is still Limited in 2018).

I don't like it having the forced return effect without it floating anything (which is also another problem). Yes, you technically have Neo Space to alleviate that, but if Konami ever hits it, they're screwed. In Legacy format, it does what you need it to do b/c no EMZ. This does break flavor slightly, but you could probably look into having it float Neos after it goes back to the ED.

Stella: Assuming you aren't running purely Neos cards (which I don't think you are / you should be running some regular HEROs), you can least summon stuff. General issues are that you probably used your NS to get either Neos or one of its N/S components out, so you can't really do much with it that turn. Neo Space helps it a bit, but given the power creep since Neos came out, you'll be hard-pressed to try making this without getting removed first. The "Graceful Charity"-esque effect on return isn't bad; suppose you can still trigger Shadow Mist if you even bothered to run it in Neos anyway.

====

Like Dova mentioned already, the effects are generally scattered over the place and are generally HEROs for the sake of it (though they do get access to the search cards, so...) Not to say these cards are bad, but the first two being technical Prisma clones doesn't help too much and consistency is an issue in terms of what they can do. HEROs already got enough support cards as-is, so...you didn't really have to include them.

Things Neos.dek really could've used are:

- Ways to actually summon the Neo-Spacians faster without having to jump through hoops. Bellus helps somewhat, but that only works if you use it as material for your Fusions.

- Forced return effect that all of them (bar Marine Neos) have. I did suggest Amare floating back into regular Neos (or Honesty) so you have something up instead of going for nothing.

Then again, Neos have very inconsistent support at the moment otherwise so I can't really see them surviving the current meta without giving them the above among other things. Stuff you made helps them, but in their own right, the Main Deck also has its inconsistencies and doesn't provide a lot of good supports to make them workable (i.e. Spell/Traps).

I fixed every card here. I edited the searching effects of all the Main Deck monsters to no longer search HERO support, Bellus targets itself or other monsters to change their names and effects. Bronte does not have a Prisma effect but instead S.S itself from the hand if any monsters on either side of the field are shuffled into the Deck and you get a free draw from it, so now you can use Drowning Mirror Force in a Neos Deck and get some benefit from it. Femina also does not change her name anymore, rather she helps to spam the Neos Family (Neo, Neo-Spacian, and Chrysalis monsters). Amare can SS Neos Contact Fusions from the Extra Deck, or the Neos Family from the GY but again you must go -1 every time. She also removes Spells and Traps from the field, and can then search Neos Family Spells/Traps. Stella can attack all monsters your opponent controls, and its last effect no longer discards.

Goddamn. You weren't kidding when you said you reworked all of them.

I love all the main Deck monsters now. Absolutely no complaints, and their new cohesive effects, even with the minimal changes on the latter two, still work, and are more flavourful than ever.

Bit confused why Amare doesn't shuffle itself into the ED. A bit complicated now, even though I love the last effect. Perhaps you could ditch one of the effect on the first one? I mean, with the amount of archetypes it can SS from the Deck and GY, it's already a mouthful just with the second bit. I'm all for keeping the new one you added, as at the moment, unless you make a Link, the first effect won't see much use. Neo-Spacians aren't exactly know for how much they swarm. Stella's still fine.

Much better changes. I can't comment anymore in depth, as I haven't played this archetype in a few years, so hopefully someone else can, but for now these look and play fine with what I remember of the archetype. I'm still against the genericness of the searching extending to so many different monsters, and I was hoping for a non Elemental HERO archetype to support Neos and the gang, but I guess since the Contact Fusions are already Elementals, along with Neos, there's not really any clash. 

Goddamn. You weren't kidding when you said you reworked all of them.

I love all the main Deck monsters now. Absolutely no complaints, and their new cohesive effects, even with the minimal changes on the latter two, still work, and are more flavourful than ever.

Bit confused why Amare doesn't shuffle itself into the ED. A bit complicated now, even though I love the last effect. Perhaps you could ditch one of the effect on the first one? I mean, with the amount of archetypes it can SS from the Deck and GY, it's already a mouthful just with the second bit. I'm all for keeping the new one you added, as at the moment, unless you make a Link, the first effect won't see much use. Neo-Spacians aren't exactly know for how much they swarm. Stella's still fine.

Much better changes. I can't comment anymore in depth, as I haven't played this archetype in a few years, so hopefully someone else can, but for now these look and play fine with what I remember of the archetype. I'm still against the genericness of the searching extending to so many different monsters, and I was hoping for a non Elemental HERO archetype to support Neos and the gang, but I guess since the Contact Fusions are already Elementals, along with Neos, there's not really any clash.

This is weird because I just saw some videos about the new 2018 Mega-Tins and one of them is a new Neos Fusion. And the shuffle eff on Amare is just to keep in lockstep with the other Neos Contact Fusions, they all have that effect so I gave it to Amare.

This is weird because I just saw some videos about the new 2018 Mega-Tins and one of them is a new Neos Fusion. And the shuffle eff on Amare is just to keep in lockstep with the other Neos Contact Fusions, they all have that effect so I gave it to Amare.

But Amare doesn't shuffle...? I am confused.

Also, what's the weird bit?

Archived