[Belated April Fools] Rockettes Akane & Hikaru (Superb Support for Soaring Ships)

Black D'Sceptyr

was sick as hell during the April of Fools

so this will be my belated masterpiece

rockettes_akane__hikaru_by_bdsceptyr-dc7

[spoiler=Rockettes Akane & Hikaru: Info]

DARK/Fairy-Type Link Effect Monster/Link/-2/500 ATK

Lore: 2 monsters with Levels, including a Fairy monster

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "Itsu" Normal Monster from your Deck. Once per turn, during the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster you control with no cards equipped to it; equip it with 1 Union Monster from your Deck or GY with the same original Type as that monster, and if you do, treat it as if it was equipped with its own effect. Monsters you control equipped with Union Monsters are unaffected by your opponent's cards or effects.

something something ooh look at how well it can link climb with Doitsu, we apparently have a new Summon Sorceress ladder tech

something something before wondering why this card is a Link-2 with 500 ATK and no protection, realize that this card's effect can apply to itself and that Doitsu and Koitsu are things.

something something oh yeah, the real reason for that stringent Summoning condition is because I absolutely refuse to intentionally let the Union Deck Which Shall Not Be Named be able to easily make this, Hangar's already busted enough without giving it an assist in the Extra Deck.

something something reviews

something something revelry

something something you know the drill

BDS, signing off.

Oh cool. Sexy Parodius art. I can tell by the blue guy on the paper airplane, the Gradius-like ship next to the chicks on the rockets, ect. Anywho:

I don't see too many Link 2 Monsters that point bottom and left/right. Most either point diagonallydown or straight up and down. But it's a nice change I guess. I'd say the Summoning and equipping effects are fair, given how Yugioh practically forgot about these guys. Plus there isn't a whole lot of damage they'd do outside of attack. So your opponent can just pop the Union monsters if they didn't have high enough ATK monsters to run them over. It gives a helping hand to "itsu", but it's no problem card, so balance should be fine. You could put a hard "once per turn" clause on the first effect though, to avoid loops/extra laddering. But otherwise, it's fair.

Though, you should change the "Itsu" to "itsu"; otherwise it won't work.

Archived