Pokemon (Reboot)

Horu

[spoiler=Basic]

Abra

DARK

Psychic/Basic/Effect

0/800

Once per turn: Your opponent must reveal 1 card in their hand at random. If the card revealed is a Monster Card; this card gains 200 ATK for each Level Star on that card.

Bulbasaur

EARTH

Plant/Poison/Basic/Effect

400/400

Once per turn: Place 1 Seed Counter on a monster your opponent controls. During your opponent's End Phase: Inflict damage to their Life Points for each monster they control with a Seed Counter on it x400. This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount of damage inflicted to your opponent by this effect.

[spoiler=Stage 1]

Ivysaur

EARTH

Plant/Poison/Stage 1/Effect

800/800

"Bulbasaur"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s). Once per turn, when this card battles a Rock-Type monster: That monster's ATK and DEF is reduced by half and the ATK and DEF of this card becomes equal to the Level of that monster x800.

Kadabra

DARK

Psychic/Stage 1/Effect

800/800

"Abra"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s).

Once per turn: You can reveal 2 facedown cards your opponent controls and negate their effects: This card gains 400 ATK for each Spell Card and 400 DEF for each Trap Card revealed by this effect.

[spoiler=Stage 2]

Alakazam

DARK

Psychic/Stage 2/Effect

1600/1600

"Kadabra"

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Evolution Summoned using the above material(s).

Once per turn: You can draw 2 cards from your Deck. If you draw a Monster Card as a result of this effect; reveal that monster: Your opponent must discard from their Deck any number of cards equal to the number of Level Stars on the Monster Card revealed by this effect. If your opponent would discard any Monster Cards as a result of this effect: Inflict damage equal to each Monster Card discarded ×400.

[spoiler=Mega]

Mega Alakazam

DARK

Psychic/Mega/Effect

2400/2400

"Alakazam" + "Mega Stone"

Once per turn, if either player draws a Monster Card: This card gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. When this card inflicts battle damage: Your opponent must discard 2 cards from their hand.

[spoiler=Evolution Stones]

Mega Stone

Equip Spell Card

When this card is equipped to a monster you control: Add 1 Mega monster from your Deck to your hand that has the equipped monster listed as material.

Considering these don't have effects yet, it's going to be very difficult for members to really give you any form of critique. I assume you are going to add them eventually (or port them from the previous thread).

Assuming the latter, if you do keep this similar to the actual Pokémon franchise in terms of mechanics and all, just make sure that it's actually worth the effort to summon the evolved forms and all. 

Next time, actually wait the full 12 hours before bumping if no one else posted.

But, let's see...

Abra: I mean, you at least get to see the opponent's hand somewhat and get a slight power bonus. Given most Decks nowadays, you likely will get some strength (not much, but it's a low Level so it shouldn't be drastic). Having no ATK sucks though, but...Abra literally learns only Teleport via level-up and whatnot.

Kadabra: I get the idea about where you're going with this, though the wording is somewhat awkward in terms of current mechanics. Granted, there are cards that trigger while face-down, but they're generally rare cases. I suppose you could change the effect so they cannot be flipped face-up (except for battle in terms of monsters), but yeah. Stat boost is fine, but not really likely to happen nowadays (and definitely if you can't Evolve this quickly).

Alakazam: Now we start getting into the slightly more questionable. Granted, you do have to invest 2 monsters to make this card, so I suppose giving it a Pot of Greed effect is alright. A thing I need to mention is that you don't DISCARD cards from the Deck; you SEND them. Though if you do end up drawing a high Level, it ends up milling the opponent (though since Decks like the GY, they probably wouldn't mind hand dumping a ton of cards just to do things, but yeah, it does burn them for it).

Mega-Alakazam: Note that hand contents are not public knowledge, so you have to account for that (i.e. just have both players reveal what they draw, and then if they drew a monster, the point thing applies). The hand discard thing works on paper, but Dark Worlds, Infernity, Fabled and the like don't care for obvious reasons (they want their hands depleted). 

Also the thing about Mega Stone not existing yet in this thread.

I have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 listed at Home. I plan on putting as much as I can into this set. At the moment, I'm trying to work out a programming glitch so these cards can be playable.

Added Mega Stone. Hope that helps a little. Also gives the base monster a boost. I mean, technically, the equipped monster can now gain up to up to 800 ATK/DEF if I'm not mistaken. It may be 1100. Depending on the deck you run.

Archived