Question about Cosmic Blazar Dragon's Banish

So in trying to figure out alternative ways of beating this sucker aside from tributing him, I was wondering if I could use a card like Burial from a Different Dimension to put him back into the opponent's GV and if so, would he stay there or return to the field at the End Phase anyway? Also, could I use Pyro Clock of Destiny to skip the End Phase in which he was supposed to return, thereby ensuring he stays banished?

Edit: Haha, I just realized Divine Wrath could probably beat him, unless I'm mistaken.

I was wondering if I could use a card like Burial from a Different Dimension to put him back into the opponent's GV and if so, would he stay there or return to the field at the End Phase anyway?

Stay there.

Also, could I use Pyro Clock of Destiny to skip the End Phase in which he was supposed to return, thereby ensuring he stays banished?

No.

Edit: Haha, I just realized Divine Wrath could probably beat him, unless I'm mistaken.

It'd still return.

(By the way Solemn Strike is generally better than Divine Wrath.)

If you want a little more reasoning behind the answers above (which are correct)

1. Monsters cannot comeback (either by just returning or SS) from another location their effects state to and shouldn't be moved anywhere else while they are in their "revival zones" (to put it in words) to comeback. In case that happens (like your example) they wont comeback even if they return to that zone again. If a blazar returned to GY gets banished from there it stays banished. Apply stardust case backwards.

2. Pyro clock only advances turn counters from cards or effects that are already lingering, for that to work you will need cards like final countdown, Virus cards, swords of revealing light, etc. You cannot make a player skip a turn or phase.

3. Negating the activation (or effect for that matters) wont work since returning to field is in its cost. Also Azuriena is right Solemn strike is better, still will have the same result

If you want a little more reasoning behind the answers above (which are correct)

1. Monsters cannot comeback (either by just returning or SS) from another location their effects state to and shouldn't be moved anywhere else while they are in their "revival zones" (to put it in words) to comeback. In case that happens (like your example) they wont comeback even if they return to that zone again. If a blazar returned to GY gets banished from there it stays banished. Apply stardust case backwards.

2. Pyro clock only advances turn counters from cards or effects that are already lingering, for that to work you will need cards like final countdown, Virus cards, swords of revealing light, etc. You cannot make a player skip a turn or phase.

3. Negating the activation (or effect for that matters) wont work since returning to field is in its cost. Also Azuriena is right Solemn strike is better, still will have the same result

Oh I see. I always thought moving the turn count forward one would be the same as skipping all the phases in between, thus missing the phase which he would return. As for Divine Wrath, is it's negation an effect? If so can that be negated and not come back?

Oh I see. I always thought moving the turn count forward one would be the same as skipping all the phases in between, thus missing the phase which he would return. As for Divine Wrath, is it's negation an effect? If so can that be negated and not come back?

The negation yes, is part of the effect resolution. But the banish (and subsequently the return) are part of the cost and those need to be done before you have the right to response. If you use strike/wrath, blazar wont be able to negate your card, but it already banished itself at that point, so if nothing moves it from there it will still comeback

The negation yes, is part of the effect resolution. But the banish (and subsequently the return) are part of the cost and those need to be done before you have the right to response. If you use strike/wrath, blazar wont be able to negate your card, but it already banished itself at that point, so if nothing moves it from there it will still comeback

Damn. It's good that Burial will stop it's coming back. Do you know of any more alternatives to more feasibly beating it other than Kaijus or Lava Golem? 

Damn. It's good that Burial will stop it's coming back. Do you know of any more alternatives to more feasibly beating it other than Kaijus or Lava Golem? 

The problem is tha blazar is going to banish as soon as you atempt to do something, an optimal way is bait it and proceed to move it from tha banished pile another uncommon card could be pot of acquisitiviness (or however is written). However with the lair of darkness coming out you can tribute before balzar gets a chance to respond

I get the sense that the only reason Yusei lost in the future was because Blazar leaves the field.

It's a really strong card that's extremely tough to stop.

You can play cards that prevent it from banishing itself, that would probably be the best way if you're not using Burial from a Different Dimension.

Obviously, negating its summon with the aforementioned Solemn Strike/Warning/Judgment would work.

I get the sense that the only reason Yusei lost in the future was because Blazar leaves the field.

It's a really strong card that's extremely tough to stop.

You can play cards that prevent it from banishing itself, that would probably be the best way if you're not using Burial from a Different Dimension.

Obviously, negating its summon with the aforementioned Solemn Strike/Warning/Judgment would work.

I'd definitely aim to prevent it's summon if at all possible. I've now faced this card about a dozen times with a couple times IRL and the rest in YGOPro. Out of all those times, I beat it twice with Lava Golem. Since I'm not guaranteed to have the Golems available anytime this damn thing is summoned, I am trying to find alternative ways to beat it. Imperial Iron Wall is definitely something I'd run in my side from now on as well as Burial or Acquisitiveness, since those too seem to be decent ways of stopping him. And here I used to think Stardust Dragon Assault Mode was overpowered lol.

I'd definitely aim to prevent it's summon if at all possible. I've now faced this card about a dozen times with a couple times IRL and the rest in YGOPro. Out of all those times, I beat it twice with Lava Golem. Since I'm not guaranteed to have the Golems available anytime this damn thing is summoned, I am trying to find alternative ways to beat it. Imperial Iron Wall is definitely something I'd run in my side from now on as well as Burial or Acquisitiveness, since those too seem to be decent ways of stopping him. And here I used to think Stardust Dragon Assault Mode was overpowered lol.

You thought Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode was overpowered ? And assume this card is broken ?

... Anyways if you want to destroy it use kaijus, D.D. Burial from a Different Dimension, lure it out so that Psyframe Omega can return it to their graveyard or you know just ignore it, try to lure it out fast and just rush your opponent, decks which can summon it are often so horribly frail that they can not fight back at all after they cannot rely on it.

You could also actually run hand traps and smash your opponent before he can get this out, these kind of decks are fragile and shatter if you interrupt them once or twice from doing their shenaningans.

You thought Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode was overpowered ? And assume this card is broken ?

... Anyways if you want to destroy it use kaijus, D.D. Burial from a Different Dimension, lure it out so that Psyframe Omega can return it to their graveyard or you know just ignore it, try to lure it out fast and just rush your opponent, decks which can summon it are often so horribly frail that they can not fight back at all after they cannot rely on it.

You could also actually run hand traps and smash your opponent before he can get this out, these kind of decks are fragile and shatter if you interrupt them once or twice from doing their shenaningans.

I wouldn't inlcude Omega, although it can get rido of balzar you will have to do it during the draw phase and see if your opponent falls for it or making it so they dont have a choice but to banish it. A very especific situation, but it can happen

Archived