Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Neutrality Man

Neutrality Man

Beyond Rogue

• Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
    Last Visit Jan 13 2019 09:21 AM
  • Discord:Chaos Knux#4691

Original 2014 Thread: https://forum.yugioh...olemn-soldiers/

The cards have been spoilered to compress the page length to a reasonable size.

Third Version, Changes only

Second Version for this Thread

First Version for Thread

End Goals:
A player is meant to choose between the Xyz -> Divine Justice route, and the Synchro Robots route for their endgame. I'm sure a mix of both would be possible, if not best, but I haven't been able to find that balance myself and I'm the guy who designed them 4 years ago.

Lore:
This tribe of 95% females is at constant war defending against the invading Skydaemons. There is never going to be a male card, it's too risky to have their men on the battlefield. And the two forces are evenly matched, neither able to get the upper hand. The Main Deck Warriors and Xyz Spellcasters matched their enemy blow for blow, but even when they were beaten and broken... The Skydaemons would flee and regroup, whereas the Soldiers would push forward even through having their skeletons powdered to see their homes defended.  (Soldiering Onwards) Not even their beloved leader (Hopeful Hime), wielding their most powerful relic, the Royal Spellsword (Secret Sword of the Solemn Soldiers), could turn the tides, and despair started to creep into the hearts of the embattled women.

Then, one day, Artillery Sprite appeared in the Solemn Soldiers' camp, and met with their princesses with an offer to help end the war, having an old score to settle with the Skydaemon. Shocking even their most powerful mages, Sprite ripped open time itself and called forth three battle machines (the Synchros) from the far-off future.

The trip took it's toll on the armorsuits, however, and the more powerful two had damage to critical systems (Absolution & F.I.N.A.L.E.'s backrow lockouts) that simply could not be repaired in the current time, and their power reactors would eventually run out of juice (the ATK drops) Thankfully, the mightiest of the three was so huge it served as a mobile fortress capable of sheltering the entire tribe. (F.I.N.A.L.E. gains DEF to simulate the transformation into a fortress) The least powerful (Erazure) managed to endure with only paint scraping off, and the metal monstrosities came equipped with a barrier that could project outwards to protect more than just the pilots.(the protect effect that costs ATK for Absolution and the one that doesn't for Erazure). For all their power, this damage would prove to be the reason these machines were not enough, and though the Skydaemons' numbers were drastically reduced to but a handful, that handful were able to easily overpower the undamaged Erazure once it was alone on the battlefield.

The machines were far from useless to the soldiers, however, and spelled victory for them when Berserk Maiden, the second-born princess of the tribe, absorbed the remaining vestiges of energy from the recovered power cores of Absolution and F.I.N.A.L.E. into her very soul through the newly-invented magicks of Technomancy developed by Artillery Sprite and her Apprentice (Armed Apprentice -> Progenitor Technomancer). By drawing upon the power now safely locked deep within her spirit, the warrior princess transformed into a devastating fighter, whose strength was like that of the Gods in the eyes of the civilians taking shelter in the now inert shell of F.I.N.A.L.E.'s heavy armor. Her only goal being to find justice for her people. (Maiden of Divine Justice).

Drawing on the power using only her own mediocre magical skill, however, would lead to the energies retreating back into the core of her essence in short order. (MoDJ self-bounce effect) It is only with the help of all her magical comrades (3+ Xyz used as material), could she pull enough energy out to maintain it indefinitely. (negate the self-bounce) Once she dismissed the form, it would be sealed away into her soul once more, and the limitations for calling it out on her own would return.

But even with the last of the Skydaemons defeated... eventually, another enemy would rise to fill the vacuum.

Magic Set Editor can make Pendulums and Links, go get it to ease the 20 year wait until YCM adds them.
http://serenade87.de...ition-671826063

I imagine my cards actually being IN Booster Packs. As such I try and make them worth the rarity I assign them. A higher Rarity means the card is supposed to be more powerful.

My favorite post chain from this board involving myself.

Sigilstars: An Archetype based on the Zodiac

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

I don't think you have quite enough counter placement to warrant cards being able to remove it without placing them. Right now, it's not very consistent, as you only have 4 cards among the entire set that place counters, and 3 of those also remove the counters while the last one (Berserk) does it in such an inconsistent manner it may as well not have that effect at all. I mean, there's nothing wrong with putting it on monsters that simply use it as a form of a cost for themselves, but later in the archetype, when you have monsters which have powerful effects which rely on removing them.

Main Deck Monsters

Synchro Monsters

Xyz Monsters

Spells/Traps

Commander Seraph being a Link 3 is too much. Just look at how powerful the Mekk-Knight equivalent is: 3k ATK, potential protection AND Summoning from the Deck. It needs to get buffed somewhere. But, I do like the effect anyway.

Very weak and all over the place at the moment. I feel you can buff their effects while more closely tying them into the lore. Hell, you could probably throw in a few additional effects here and there among the cards which aren't exactly specified in the lore, just to spice things up a little while keeping the monsters competent. There's no denying there isn't potential, especially among the Xyzs, Link, and S/T, but the actual main portions of the deck are severely lacking.

Neutrality Man

Neutrality Man

Beyond Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Hm, all very good points. Which is why I submitted this to your judgments.And so, the following changes have been made to the necessary cards. (read: All the effect monsters, and both the not-Field Spells) As for the intention of the playstyle (which I forgot and will now add to the OP), a player is meant to choose between the Xyz -> Divine Justice route, and the Synchro Robots route for their endgame.

Main Deck Monsters

Extra Deck Monsters

Spells

Magic Set Editor can make Pendulums and Links, go get it to ease the 20 year wait until YCM adds them.

I imagine my cards actually being IN Booster Packs. As such I try and make them worth the rarity I assign them. A higher Rarity means the card is supposed to be more powerful.

Dova

Dova

DovaMod

• Junior Moderators
  • 3,762 posts
    Last Visit Jan 17 2019 08:36 PM
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

I hate to say it, but Beserk is still terrible. Inefficient, low stats, slow...there's nothing helpful there. The genericness of Artillery Sprite's search, on the other hand, is crying for abuse. I would suggest hard once per turn on it at the very least. EARTH Warrior has got to be one of the most commonly used Typings/Attributes in YGO. I do like the increased use of Warrior Counters though. Sniper's buff is neat, and Resolute finally has its place. For Knightcorn, I would suggest hard once per turn on its effect, as if your opponent controls a monster with more than 1500 ATK, you can ram this card into it to get 2 copies of itself, then ram both copies to get 4 monsters. This can be done in any deck.

Your Synchro bosses are better, but I would suggest that both Absolution and particularly FINALE have addition protection or offensive power, as the latter is rather underwhelming for a Level 12.  I still don't think that your counter placement is enough for Technomaster and Absolution are any useful. Other changes in that regard are also fine.

Secret Sword's new effect is pretty cool, but we still need a battle clause like Armades on at least 2 cards somewhere so that destroying by battle is not only possible but has limited repercussions. That could be an idea for a Field Spell. But yeah, destruction by battle being as weak as it is, if you want to work with that you'll need to work with more ATK gain (which you have done to some extent) and Armades' clause.

Neutrality Man

Neutrality Man

Beyond Rogue

• Topic Starter
  • Elite Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
I'm intentionally leaving Berserk Maiden terrible on her own. She's supposed to be strongest when her army is at her side.

New card.
R1xerWH.jpg
Solemn Soldier - Fell Falconer
Level 4 EARTH Warrior Effect Monster
1400/300
  1. You can only control 1 "Solemn Soldier - Fell Falconer". 
  2. When this card is Summoned: place 2 Warfare counters on it."Solemn Soldier" monsters you control gain 300 ATK for every Warfare Counter on this card. 
  3. When a "Solemn Soldier" monster battles, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Highlander clause to reduce potential for NS-able 4k+ beaters.

Makes Berserk Maidens 2300 Level 4s when Summoned, and bigger if she gains more counters during her life.

Grants Armades clause to Archetype while on board.

Changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users