[Written] Doomsday Protocol

Dragulas

Normal Trap Card

Negate the effects of all monsters currently on the field until the end of this turn. If your opponent has more total cards in their hand and field than you do, you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 " Doomsday Protocol" per turn.

A card to deal with established boards, it doesnt gain the user any card advantage, but allows them to play the game with no interruption from opponent's monsters. It negates also the current user's monster in case you want to use this as a vanitys emptiness (establish your board and then use this). Since this affects only whats its currently on the field you wont just flip it like D. Barrier, you will have to wait the correct timing. 

You got me thinking with this one.

In one hand, it seems too strong for me, but on the other, it's something the current powercreep can take. So I'm not sure if this is a fair card to make.

I understand the double-edged sword approach with negating all monsters, including your own army, but still, unless your opponent follows up with a Raigeki or whatever and destroys, let's say, your otherwise destruction-proof monsters, chances are you won't be affected too much by stunning your monsters, since you control when to activate the card.

You got me thinking with this one.

In one hand, it seems too strong for me, but on the other, it's something the current powercreep can take. So I'm not sure if this is a fair card to make.

I understand the double-edged sword approach with negating all monsters, including your own army, but still, unless your opponent follows up with a Raigeki or whatever and destroys, let's say, your otherwise destruction-proof monsters, chances are you won't be affected too much by stunning your monsters, since you control when to activate the card.

I tried to makeing as balanced and broken as possible. Even if it was breifly, the first line of the sentence makes me think I am in the right path. If something like this resolves, it will have the same/similar impact of D. barrier in rougue decks and tiers below, current decks have many follow up plays for this card to be enough (if used on the wrong time). Not sure if negating the effects permanently will make this more balanced or more broken though

Archived