Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[AGM/Written] Murine: Flowing column-based Rituals! (12/12)

- - - - - WATER Cyberse Ritual Columns Shuffle Negation

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova
Prompt

Design Notes

Monsters: (4)

Ritual Monsters/Spells: (3)

Continuous Spells/Traps: (5)

Again, feel these cards are a little too weak, and perhaps the repetitive yet complex effects are difficult to read. What do you guys think? CnC would be appreciated ^^

Changelog:

7/04 - Shuffling replacing all Tributing/Discarding/GY mentioning. Ritual Monsters/Spell buffed.

12/04 - Edited the Ritual Spell's search
13/04 - Buffed Rituals, added Condensa

Darj

Darj

Lost in a Dream

• Senior Members
  • 8,038 posts
    Last Visit Today, 12:04 PM
  • Spouse:XOXO

Please tell me the monsters at least resemble mice xD

Glad to see you used the original prompt name for the Spell/Trap support.

I don't see why they shouldn't benefit from Pre-prep. That would help with your ending statement of feeling them a little weak.

Unsure about Puricifia's WATER-Cyberse searching with no Level limit or whatever. I get that it's for grabbing the Rituals, but still, personally I would rather futureproof this with an extra restriction. Since Vapure is Level 8, quite high already, how about a ATK or DEF restriction instead? 2000 ATK for instance.

Aqua: maybe make the Zone shifting effect a Quick Effect? that way it can negate something during the opponent's turn. Actually, that wouldn't work since the negation applies on-Summon. How about making the negation  effect as continuous, taking some tips from Mekk-Knights? That way you can respond with the Zone-shift effect on Summon and successfully negate the Summoned monster's effects.

System Flow: Seems a bit too fair to be good, IMO. No Ritual Summoning shortcut, although Spring can alleviate the cost, but that makes it reliant on Spring. Also personally I don't like the 1-turn stuns in GY effects some cards have. Perhaps you can get away without it?

Overall, seems they rely too much on having Murine Sources in the board to enable the support Spell/Traps, and specially Spring to pay back the costs of the a Rituals. I suspect this apparent over-reliance on Spring is where lies a problem. Perhaps more ways to shuffle cards into the Deck could fix this issue and make the deck potentially run more smoothly.

I was also thinking on skipping the "from GY to back into the Deck" part and focus more on directly shuffling into the Deck, and triggering effects from that, although at the moment I cannot think of specific changes that could be made to execute that idea properly. What comes to mind is shuffling the monsters Tributed for the Ritual Summon, and making major changes on Spring's recovery effect.

vvb9i54.jpg

— Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
— As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

Stand

bkWHGLt.gifwlWp4Vr.gif
Credits: cat6757(dA) - Neko-Slay(dA)

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Sure, they can be mice xD

Thanks for the prompt review! Changes have been made to Aqua, Purificia, and the Ritual Spell to fit in with your suggestions. However, will respond to the few others below:

I don't see why they shouldn't benefit from Pre-prep. That would help with your ending statement of feeling them a little weak.

The prompt specified that the Rituals weren't required in the archetype, and at the very least I want to make the rest of the cards at least decent without the Rituals instead of simply buffing them.

Aqua: maybe make the Zone shifting effect a Quick Effect? that way it can negate something during the opponent's turn. Actually, that wouldn't work since the negation applies on-Summon. How about making the negation  effect as continuous, taking some tips from Mekk-Knights? That way you can respond with the Zone-shift effect on Summon and successfully negate the Summoned monster's effects.

Done most of this, but the reason it activated at first was because I didn't want to copy what Mekk-Knights did. However, I did try something a little original with the Level 6 anyway, a slightly buffed version of True Depths. Hopefully that works.

Overall, seems they rely too much on having Murine Sources in the board to enable the support Spell/Traps, and specially Spring to pay back the costs of the a Rituals. I suspect this apparent over-reliance on Spring is where lies a problem. Perhaps more ways to shuffle cards into the Deck could fix this issue and make the deck potentially run more smoothly.

Yeah, shuffling more prominently sounds like a great idea! I might even add another monster to SS from your hand to hopefully add with the speed. But for now, since it's late here, I'll just start by implementing your basic changes.

Thanks again for the comments!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit
Bumperoo.

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Bump.

Jerrytkrot

Jerrytkrot

• Members
  • 13 posts
    Last Visit May 06 2018 11:11 AM

I was just looking at these cards and thinking to my self, boy, a ritual spell that can search itself? Seems fun. I do have some suggestions for the continuous spell/trap lineup. I was thinking that they should all have the ability to trade for each other, as in "If a 'Murine' Spell/Trap card you control would be destroyed, you may destroy this card instead." I also feel that each ritual monster should have a good effect that only activates when they are shuffled into the deck by a ritual spell, just so that A: Ritual chaining can be a thing; and B: for the pure and simple style points. (Who doesn't love having the very much no longer dead hand of 4 ritual monsters and a ritual spell?) If you do this, make sure that you are unable to add monsters to your hand, graveyard or field, and make sure that you can't draw cards, just so that the combos aren't QUITE infinite.

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

The Ritual Spell searching itself reminded me I needed to give it a cost akin to Gem-Knights, so I added that. The protection is an interesting idea, but I'll meditate on that for a bit before adding it; don't know if it grants you too much control of your opponent's plays. A little hesitant for the Ritual Effects upon being shuffled is, while you certainly have a point in regards to the bricking hand, effects that activate in the Deck are very awkward, considering you have to reveal the card in your Deck in order to activate it, resulting in combos where your Deck is shuffled and revealed multiple times. I definitely want it implement it in some form, but I don't want to willy-nilly mess around with such awkward mechanics.

Thanks for your comments!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Edit! Buffed the Rituals by adding Jerrytkrot's suggestion, and added a new monster! Condensa flips the monsters and Spell/Traps face-down so you can reuse their effects!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,715 posts
    Last Visit

Bumperoo.

Dova