Kazooie as a New Moderator

Blake

The team has come to their decision in regards to this potential promotion... Is what I would say if the circumstances were different.

However, @@Kazooie has opted out of being promoted to Moderator. The outcome of the thread pertaining to her potential promotion allowed her to make an informed decision, using the concerns and support shown, and she has decided that she is not what the site needs at this time.

Please wait for any future discussion of moderators being added to the team, rather than using this thread to discuss it. There are no major discussions on that topic at this time, though it is far from impossible. I simply ask that you be patient, as opposed to making cases at this time.

I wasn't expecting her to turn it down. I don't think I'm surprised, though, because she does seem like the kind of person to know when not to take up this kind of position.

I can't say I'm happy either, though, because I do think we need a new face on the team. I just want them to have a more clearly-defined purpose and set of goals.

Well done guys. Well done. A whole sheet load of you used your personal problems with Black to turn this into a pseudo referendum on him. The outcome? We lost the only mod who has EVER had the dignity to view their modship as a service rather than an entitlement.

Birdie did her job, left when she couldn't, didn't need to be run out, and didn't incessantly blame the community for her problems. And now, she set the example again for the rest of you all by putting the community before herself on this despite an overwhelming vote of confidence in her.

27-8 with most of the mod team back you is not a margin that you need to be afraid of. She could have easily told the nay sayers to funk off and been modded, but that's not what someone who genuinely cares would do.

For all her supporters, this doesn't come as a shock. And given most of her detractors weren't arguing in good faith, I doubt many of them are shocked. 

It was never really about activity for most of you. I have a right to bring up Birdie's lack of activity, because I've been doing that for mods for ages. All the way from Aix to Night to Zai. A lot of you just bandwagon'd on that train last minute. It's honestly revolting. 

YCM is poorer because a lot of you can't grow the funk up and look beyond your petty disputes 

The team has come to their decision in regards to this potential promotion... Is what I would say if the circumstances were different.

However, @@Kazooie has opted out of being promoted to Moderator. The outcome of the thread pertaining to her potential promotion allowed her to make an informed decision, using the concerns and support shown, and she has decided that she is not what the site needs at this time.

Please wait for any future discussion of moderators being added to the team, rather than using this thread to discuss it. There are no major discussions on that topic at this time, though it is far from impossible. I simply ask that you be patient, as opposed to making cases at this time.

I'd love to hear why a 27-8 vote margin wasn't important enough for you guys to overlook the token opposition 

It was never really about activity for most of you. I have a right to bring up Birdie's lack of activity, because I've been doing that for mods for ages. All the way from Aix to Night to Zai. A lot of you just bandwagon'd on that train last minute. It's honestly revolting.

everyone has the right to voice anything they believe takes away from a team member's efficacy in their role. You do not get to determine the motivation behind the actions of others. This is an announcement, not a soapbox.

I wanted her to be a mod, personally, but the decision to step down from it was her own. Given how the discussion developed, it was a decision I understand, and honestly foresaw. Maybe she will rejoin the team at some point in the future, maybe she won't. Time will tell I suppose.

It's important to remember that inciting change and improvement is not the sole duty of one person. With or without birdie, the team can improve, as can the site.

Maybe if people didn't spend 5 pages claiming that Black was nepotisming his GF into the mod team, she would have been more inclined. 

I'd be somewhat reluctant to go somewhere, where all my merits are discarded, and I'm talked about through a degrading reference to someone else 

everyone has the right to voice anything they believe takes away from a team member's efficacy in their role. You do not get to determine the motivation behind the actions of others. This is an announcement, not a soapbox.

I wanted her to be a mod, personally, but the decision to step down from it was her own. Given how the discussion developed, it was a decision I understand, and honestly foresaw. Maybe she will rejoin the team at some point in the future, maybe she won't. Time will tell I suppose.

It's important to remember that inciting change and improvement is not the sole duty of one person. With or without birdie, the team can improve, as can the site.

Everyone has a right to say what ever they want. But I and maybe Jesse have been consistently hard on mods for lack of activity. A lot of Zai's old defends suddenly turned coat and care a ton about activity now that it's not one of their pals on the block

It's hypocritical garbage typical of YCM 

Maybe if people didn't spend 5 pages claiming that Black was nepotisming his GF into the mod team, she would have been more inclined. 

I'd be somewhat reluctant to go somewhere, where all my merits are discarded, and I'm talked about through a degrading reference to someone else 

Everyone has a right to say what ever they want. But I and maybe Jesse have been consistently hard on mods for lack of activity. A lot of Zai's old defends suddenly turned coat and care a ton about activity now that it's not one of their pals on the block

It's hypocritical garbage typical of YCM 

Personally I feel like you're insulting her now. She's a smart woman and knows how to look past criticism that isn't fair.

Also how is like...5 people "typical"? Don't answer that, not meant to be answered.

Winter, knock it off.

You’re not representing her interests. She chose this. And there wasn’t much in the way of nepotism claims, moreso about activity and “what would she do”.

I'm not claiming that I'm representing her interests here.

I'm representing my irritation with how this turned out. A vast super majority wanted her back. The overlap between people who suddenly started caring about Birdie not being active right now, and who were A-ok with Zai and Night showing up once in a blue moon is a near perfect circle. 

As one of the first people who brought up activity, I really regret that it was used as kludge to bash a mod who did an impeccable job while she was around. 

I would like Birdie to explain why she turned down the job however, because up till the end of the old thread it seemed like she was interested. 

Personally I feel like you're insulting her now. She's a smart woman and knows how to look past criticism that isn't fair.

Also how is like...5 people "typical"? Don't answer that, not meant to be answered.

I mean, if you really took from my post that I'm calling Birdie stupid and in need of other's validation- there's really need for me to post more cannon fodder for you folks to deliberately misinterpret >_>

Shocked, disappointed, and somewhat disgusted

It was Birdie's decision whether to take the position or not, and as much as I would have liked to see her as mod I do respect her decision to decline to the position.

Nobody was slandered to the point of changing the decision; members presented their valid reservations for having her as mods, and those were listened to. A vote count is one thing, but reasoning should still be held into consideration.

Honestly, there's not much to be said other than that if a decision such as this made in the manner it was is affecting you this severely, then it's probably time to turn the computer off and go for a walk.

I can't say that I'm disappointed in her decision. While I still feel she'd make a great addition to the team, it's her den. With that said, it takes a selfless member to choose not to go for modship after hearing the thoughts of their fellow members, so I salute you Caeda.

All the more impressive, because out of 35 people who voiced their opinions, 27 backed her

27/35 is bigger than Putin's latest reelection margin. She had a clear possibility to be modded fair and square and she didn't because she didn't wanting to cause problems with a few recurring partisans

It was Birdie's decision whether to take the position or not, and as much as I would have liked to see her as mod I do respect her decision to decline to the position.

Nobody was slandered to the point of changing the decision; members presented their valid reservations for having her as mods, and those were listened to. A vote count is one thing, but reasoning should still be held into consideration.

Honestly, there's not much to be said other than that if a decision such as this made in the manner it was is affecting you this severely, then it's probably time to turn the computer off and go for a walk.

I'd just like to hear a reason. Most likely going to ask her in private, but something doesn't add up

I am disappointed in Birdie for both allowing herself to be discouraged and not being the one to make this thread and speak on her own behalf. I did think she could have made an articulate and level-headed presence as both a liaison and a moderator where necessary and that's why I voted in favour of her promotion, but the fact is she couldn't play that role because she doesn't have the will to.

I am disappointed in Birdie for both allowing herself to be discouraged and not being the one to make this thread and speak on her own behalf. I did think she could have made an articulate and level-headed presence as both a liaison and a moderator where necessary and that's why I voted in favour of her promotion, but the fact is she couldn't play that role because she doesn't have the will to.

Checked to see if I could do it myself, but she couldn't start the thread in this section even if she wanted to, since only mods can start threads in News, which this thread does need to be in. I believe she can still speak on her own behalf over the coming days, but I hope that at least clarifies why she was not the one to make this thread.

Ultimately, I weighed the ones who spoke in the thread higher than the silent voters.

Yeah, I could have accepted it with pretty much no trouble from the mod team. I considered it.

I also considered what everyone had been saying over the course of the thread, and I considered it heavily. Ultimately, I found myself agreeing more with the opposition.

I think the more important thing is getting the staff on the team into the position where they can discuss with the community openly, and I don't think I'm required for that to happen now. Between Josh, Cow, and Tormented, the start has already begun. After reading what others have said, I mostly agree, I don't think I'm what the forum needs to progress now. I think altogether, those three will cover what I would have brought to the team just fine, and as I said in the thread, I don't see fit to force myself into a position where I don't feel I'm needed.

And I'm saying this again, I was always taking into account the people who spoke up more than the ones who just quietly voted. I encouraged people to speak up, I wanted discussion from the community and I wanted to see what the thoughts were. In the end, I felt like those who opposed me returning had good, fair points and a valid rebuttal to those points was difficult.

I do appreciate those who supported me, and I considered both sides heavily, but I don't think what I bring to the team is unique now, before, it was different. And that's why I insisted it be discussed before anything happened.

If this announcement were made in C&S it would garner just as much notice from those invested. I do hope she speaks for herself.

Wasn't discouraged by the thread, honestly. You're welcome to think that about my will if you want, I can't stop ya and it would be pointless to try and change your mind here, the decision is made.

And it wasn't really my place to make the thread, it definitely belongs in News more than C&S. I did intend on speaking from the start though, don't worry about that.

I'm pretty busy among other reason is the why I opted out of getting promoted. I also want to do a good and fair job if I was promoted. In a months I will have more times on my hands but atlas the lack of activity in the CaC section of this forum also makes me not want to be part of group of mods. As a mod you are required to do a "shift" doing x amount of time and if the site is dead (or near dead) aka super lack of people doing stuff on YCM, would be super boring just staring at a screen for hours on end with nothing much to do. Hope the site picks up during the end of spring and/or beginning of the summer.

I'm pretty busy among other reason is the why I opted out of getting promoted. I also want to do a good and fair job if I was promoted. In a months I will have more times on my hands but atlas the lack of activity in the CaC section of this forum also makes me not want to be part of group of mods. As a mod you are required to do a "shift" doing x amount of time and if the site is dead (or near dead) aka super lack of people doing stuff on YCM, would be super boring just staring at a screen for hours on end with nothing much to do. Hope the site picks up during the end of spring and/or beginning of the summer.

yeah man all of us in this thread were so eager to have you as our new super mod shame to see you go bro

[spoiler=Well] 

yeah man all of us in this thread were so eager to have you as our new super mod shame to see you go bro

Couldn't be any worse than it is now though

At least I care about the create a card section among other things about the forum. We need to find a way to increase activity on this site and getting new members to come this site (without people like @ treating them shitty)

Archived