[Leaderboard] Me Vs Jerrytkrot Cards up, commence voting

I Hate Snatch Steal

Rules:

All YCM, 1v1 and Leaderboard rules apply. (No flaming, no spamming, no inappropriate content, etc)

First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins. First vote decides in case of a stalemate.

All voters must elaborate on their votes, else the vote will be rejected.

Both contestants are allowed to reject votes, but must provide appropriate reasoning for doing so while making sure anonymity isn't breached.

Card C votes are allowed if a voter doesn't think either card deserves their vote.

Cards must be PM'd to me.

The winner gets a like from the loser, and voters also get likes.

Deadlines:

Cards are due 48 hours after a challenge has been accepted.

Voting ends 96 hours after starting.

Requirement:

Retrain the card "A Wild Monster Appears", you may choose a new name and/or artwork for your retrain if you wish. However the card must have similar use to the original.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/A_Wild_Monster_Appears!

Card A:

n2tHi00.png

If your opponent controls more monsters then you do: Special Summon from your hand, 1 monster with an original Level of 10 or lower that cannot be Normal Summoned/Set or that is DIVINE and has original Level of 10 or lower, ignoring its Summoning conditions. It is unaffected by the effects of your cards, except for its own effects and this card's, cannot be tributed, also shuffle it into the Deck during your opponent's next End Phase. If you summon this way, any further damage your opponent takes this turn is halved.

Card B

A Wild Monster Rampages!

Spell/Quickplay

Pay 2000 LP. Special Summon a monster from your hand, deck or graveyard, ignoring it's summoning conditions. It is unaffected by the effects of cards, except for it's own effects and this cards, also banish it face down during your opponent's next end phase, ignoring it's effect. While that card is on the field: you cannot Normal Summon/Set or Special Summon monsters except with the effect of the monster you summoned, and your opponent takes no damage. You can only activate the effect of "A Wild Monster Rampages!" Once per duel.

Don't forget to look at these rulings before you vote

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:A_Wild_Monster_Appears!

O O F this is a tough call.

Card A's main problem is you needing both the monster you want to Summon AND this card in your hand in order to do anything. You can throw in as many buffs as you want, but not even a lack of hard once per turn is going to save this bad boy. True, it's less situational that its original card, but its not searchable, and really, you don't have that many nomi only archetypes. Kozmo, maybe? The one main thing going for it is KAIJU PROTECTION. This is the more accurate Konami retrain, but it's still not good.

Card B is a much more balanced one; a massive cost that feels right, and yet a lot more freedom to what you Summon. The banishing face-down is much better than the original shuffling into the Deck, and I like the implementation of the Cannot Normal Summon/Set. The lack of Tributing protection hurts it, but not everyone is playing Lair of Darkness of Kaiju. The once per duel is something personally annoying, as I feel it shouldn't be on a card unless the card can do something else not once per duel.

Vote to Card B.

EDIT: Vote changed to Card C, because Horathky is a targeted for Card B.

Card A

Yeah, this suffers the same problems as the current version. True, it is more flexible than the original in terms of you not having monsters and the halved damage, but the same targets as original, plus need to have this on hand too. How often are you going to get 3 copies of this card AND Nomis to summon. 

In regards to the halved damage, even with that, you can still amass a decent board and kill on half damage. In terms of the God cards, only one is God Phoenix because Sphere Mode and regular one for hell knows why can't be SS'd (the latter is disappointing). Anti-Tributing protection is nice though in Kaiju era, but that's about it.

What Level 10 and under Nomis are you playing to make full use of this that don't need the help? Infernoids (if they bother) come to mind, but they already can summon themselves fine (despite their gimmick). Kozmos have Dark Planet, but IDK if anyone ran it. Those old bosses from DM Yugioh (Gate Guardian, Great Moth, etc), but why are you playing these?

Card B

This one is technically the better one, since it can make use of any monster ignoring Summoning conditions. Uh, you said ANY monster?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Holactie_the_Creator_of_Light

Please note that this cannot be chained to on summon and is auto-win condition. In this instance, you've skipped having to summon all of the God cards and play this. Yes, it was only released to a handful of Japanese readers, but still should be considered.

Even with the restrictions on this card (OPD, pay 2K LP, you can't NS/Set, opponent takes no damage), the auto-win condition doesn't matter.

====

If Creator of Light (or any equivalent of it thereof, which doesn't exist afaik) wasn't a thing, then effect would probably be tolerable, though toeing the line a bit into summoning big boss monsters that could then be used as fodder for other stuff. 

Card still isn't searchable, but...yeah. 

iU8EggM.png

I'll have to vote card C on this one. 

A feels too much like the original (it has improved benefits over it such as Tributing protection, ease of summoning and lack of OPT, but that's it). It works, but still feels too similar.

B has Creator of Light to deal with (as you are SSing from the Deck; what's stopping you from using Deck thinners to get to this, then play it to summon Creator). It's an extreme case, but yes, this does need to be addressed. 

Card A is far more restrictive that Card B, which would have sealed it for Card B if it wasn't essentially an auto-win card. Normally, that would give it to Card A, but it has a lot of issues on its own. As mentioned before, its use is highly restricted. Though, I feel some people forgot Semi-Nomi cards exist, so that could help this card. Even with that though, Card C gets it for me as both cards have flaws I cannot overlook.

Archived