Jurassic World - Forming an Archetype #35 (17/17)

Atypical-Abbie

Jurassic World is an Archetype of EARTH, FIRE and WATER Dinosaur monster with various Levels. The Level 4s have 1500 ATK and DEF while the Levels 5 have 2000 ATK and DEF. They focus around using Field Spells, and have 3 Field Spells that treat themselves like Jurassic World, boost the ATK and DEF of all Dinosaurs by 200, and all Dinosaurs of either the EARTH, FIRE or WATER Attribute by 500 ATK and DEF, and have an effect that discards a Jurassic World card for various effects and an effect that activates when it's destroyed by a card effect that searches either a Jurassic World monster or depending on the card, Destroyersaurus, Volcanic Eruption or any Jurassic World Spells/Traps.

Each monster, excluding Brachiosaurus, can be Special Summoned from your hand when you activate the Field Spell that is appropriate to that Attribute, for example: Allosaurus is EARTH, so it has Jungle. They have various other effects as well. Their main strategy is focused around getting out Brachiosaurus, that treats itself as all the three Attributes, and becomes a powerful 4000 ATK monster with one of the Field Spells out. You bring it out if 3 or more Dinosaurs with the three different Attributes were destroyed that turn, which is mainly done by using Volcanic Eruption, but you don't necessarily have to use that card to do so, as it counts up other ways it was done that turn.

Again, I chose a card which has cards already for it, but as I can easily see Konami giving this an upgrade themselves at some point, I don't mind it already having support. These are of course based around dinosaurs from the Jurassic period, and the Field Spells are based around the locations you see in the original Field Spell.

Original Card:

SUDWxrz.png

All Dinosaur-Type monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF.

New Cards:

Monsters:

Jurassic World Allosaurus
Dinosaur/EARTH
Level 4
If you activate "Jurassic World Jungle": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Jurassic World" Spell/Trap in your GY; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Allosaurus" once per turn.
1500/1500

Jurassic World Anchisaurus
Dinosaur/EARTH
Level 4
If you activate "Jurassic World Jungle": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate 1 "Jurassic World" from your Deck, and if you do, if you control no other monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Jurassic World" monster from your hand, but you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Jurassic World" monsters for the rest of this turn. "Jurassic World Anchisaurus" once per turn.

1500/1500

Jurassic World Archaeopteryx
Dinosaur/FIRE
Level 4
If you activate "Jurassic World Volcano": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can activate 1 "Jurassic World" from your hand, Deck or GY. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Archaeopteryx" once per turn.
1500/1500

Jurassic World Dakosaurus
Dinosaur/WATER
Level 4
If you activate "Jurassic World Lake": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can target 1 "Jurassic World" Field Spell in your GY and 1 "Jurassic World" monster you control; shuffle the first target into your Deck, and if you do, until the end of this turn, the second target's name becomes the first target's name. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Dakosaurus" once per turn.
1500/1500

Jurassic World Stegosaurus
Dinosaur/EARTH
Level 5
If you activate "Jurassic World Jungle": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can target 1 "Jurassic World" monster in your GY, except "Jurassic World Stegosaurus"; Special Summon it. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Stegosaurus" once per turn.
2000/2000

Jurassic World Pterodactyl
Dinosaur/FIRE
Level 5
If you activate "Jurassic World Volcano": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can target 1 "Jurassic World" you control; destroy that target, then Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Pterodactyl" once per turn.
2000/2000

Jurassic World Dimorphodon
Dinosaur/FIRE
Level 5
If you activate "Jurassic World Volcano": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 "Jurassic World" in your GY OR 1 of your banished "Jurassic World" cards; add that target to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Dimorphodon" once per turn.

2000/2000

Jurassic World Liopleurodon
Dinosaur/WATER
Level 5
If you activate "Jurassic World Lake": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If you control "Jurassic World": You can banish this card and 1 EARTH or FIRE Dinosaur monster from your GY; Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower Dinosaur monster from your Deck with 1 of the same Attributes as the banished monsters, except "Jurassic World Liopleurodon". You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Liopleurodon" once per turn.
2000/2000

Jurassic World Metriorhynchus
Dinosaur/WATER
Level 6
If you activate "Jurassic World Lake": You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can target 1 "Jurassic World" you control; return that target to your hand, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Metriorhynchus" once per turn.

2300/2300

Jurassic World Brachiosaurus
Dinosaur/EARTH
Level 11
Must first be Special Summoned by its own effect. During the turn 3 Dinosaur or more monsters in your possession with different Attributes (EARTH, FIRE and WATER) are destroyed by a battle or card effects (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field, it also FIRE and WATER-Attribute. While you control "Jurassic World" this card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase, also your opponent's cards and effects cannot be activated during the Battle Phase.
3300/3300

Spells/Traps:

Jurassic World Journey
Normal Spell
Target 1 "Jurassic World" you control; destroy it, and if you do, add 1 "Jurassic World" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Jurassic World Journey". You can only activate 1 "Jurassic World Journey" per turn.

Jurassic World Theory
Continuous Spell

You can target 1 "Jurassic World" in your GY; destroy 1 "Jurassic World" you control, and if you do, add that target to your hand. If you activated 3 or more "Jurassic World" Field Spell Cards with different names this turn: You can send this face-up card you control to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Jurassic World Brachiosaurus" from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions, but it is destroyed during the End Phase of your next turn. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Theory" once per turn.

Jurassic World Jungle
Field Spell
This card's name becomes "Jurassic World" while in the Field Zone. All Dinosaurs monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF, also all EARTH Dinosaur monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Jurassic World" card from your hand to the GY; until the end of this turn, the name of all "Jurassic World" Field Spells in your hand, GY and Deck become "Jurassic World", also the activation of and effects of "Jurassic World" cannot be negated (even if this card leaves the field). If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Jurassic World" monster or "Destroyersaurus" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Jungle" once per turn.

Jurassic World Volcano
Field Spell
This card's name becomes "Jurassic World" while in the Field Zone. All Dinosaurs monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF, also all FIRE Dinosaur monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Jurassic World" card from your hand to the GY; activate 1 "Jurassic World" Spell/Trap Card or "Volcanic Eruption" from your hand, ignoring its activation condition. If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Jurassic World" monster or "Volcanic Eruption" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Volcano" once per turn.

Jurassic World Lake
Field Spell
This card's name becomes "Jurassic World" while in the Field Zone. All Dinosaurs monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF, also all WATER Dinosaur monsters gain 500 ATK and DEF. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 "Jurassic World" card from your hand to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Jurassic World" monster from your hand. If this card is destroyed by a card effect and sent to the GY: You can add 1 "Jurassic World" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Jurassic World Lake". You can only use each effect of "Jurassic World Lake" once per turn.

Jurassic World Discovery
Continuous Trap
If you control "Jurassic World": Special Summon 1 "Jurassic World" monster from your hand, Deck or GY. If this card leaves the field, destroy the Special Summoned monster. Apply the appropriate effect based the card(s) you control.
● "Jurassic World Jungle": The Special Summoned monster cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
● "Jurassic World Volcano": The Special Summoned monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
● "Jurassic World Lake": The Special Summoned monster cannot be Tributed, banished or returned to the hand or Deck by your opponent's card effects.
You can only activate 1 "Jurassic World Discovery" per turn.

Jurassic World Extinction
Normal Trap

Destroy as many Dinosaur monsters you control as possible, and if you do, add the same number of "Jurassic World" monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand up to the number of monsters with different Attributes destroyed (max. 3). If you control "Jurassic World", you can activate this card from your hand. You can only activate 1 "Jurassic World Extinction" per turn.

I understand that Dinosaurs already have self-destruction, but I don't think it's prevalent enough to have this archetype revolve so much about, particularly your Level 11 boss. There's certainly very little of it in-archetype. 

Jungle's name changing effect seems a little redundant, considering all of the Field Spells are already treated as Jurassic World while face-up on the field, and the only support card that need Jurassic World to be in your Deck is that one discard searcher in the TCG/OCG. I really hope it just wasn't made for that XD At least it has the activation protection, but it doesn't really protect against well-timed Cosmic Cyclone or other such quick effects. 

I would comment on the monsters reliance on specific field Spell activations for their SSs seeming at odds with the fact that there's not very much searching outside of on-destruction, again which the archetype doesn't really dabble in, and the fact that really, you're not spamming out Field Spells. The impression I got from this set is that you'd have about 1 or 2 a turn, but the monsters give the impression of a constantly shifting battleground. I mean, at the moment the archetype works, as with your lower levels you can just NS them, but the reliance on consistency without much actual searching means it's not as fast as it could be.

Not much to say in regards to flavour. Generic dinos; at least you're expanding the old card, but this feels more like an inserted archetype, rather than an expanded one, if that makes any sense. Not one of your best sets, imo.

Also, what's this "Forming an Archetype" thing?

I understand that Dinosaurs already have self-destruction, but I don't think it's prevalent enough to have this archetype revolve so much about, particularly your Level 11 boss. There's certainly very little of it in-archetype. 

Jungle's name changing effect seems a little redundant, considering all of the Field Spells are already treated as Jurassic World while face-up on the field, and the only support card that need Jurassic World to be in your Deck is that one discard searcher in the TCG/OCG. I really hope it just wasn't made for that XD At least it has the activation protection, but it doesn't really protect against well-timed Cosmic Cyclone or other such quick effects. 

I would comment on the monsters reliance on specific field Spell activations for their SSs seeming at odds with the fact that there's not very much searching outside of on-destruction, again which the archetype doesn't really dabble in, and the fact that really, you're not spamming out Field Spells. The impression I got from this set is that you'd have about 1 or 2 a turn, but the monsters give the impression of a constantly shifting battleground. I mean, at the moment the archetype works, as with your lower levels you can just NS them, but the reliance on consistency without much actual searching means it's not as fast as it could be.

Not much to say in regards to flavour. Generic dinos; at least you're expanding the old card, but this feels more like an inserted archetype, rather than an expanded one, if that makes any sense. Not one of your best sets, imo.

Also, what's this "Forming an Archetype" thing?

Destroyersaurus is of course meant to work with Jungle, but both Archaeopteryx and Dakosaurus are able to use it, the first can activate it from the Deck and GY and the second can copy one of the other Fields to become Jurassic World for various purposes. I plan to do more around this in the future as well.

I can see that they rely on the Field Spells to get them out, but I also think they have plenty of other ways to get themselves out that it's more than possible. Furthermore, they don't NEED to get out the boss monster, they can use the Field Spells' boost with the Level 5s to get respectable ATK as well.

I figured that Forming an Archetype explained itself, I simply take a real card and make an Archetype around it.

A mistake I spotted:

Quick Effects are reserved for monsters. If you want spell speed 2 on Spell/Traps, you should use the "During either player's turn" clause.

Quoting the wikia:

"...is a type of monster effect that is Spell Speed 2..."

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Quick_Effect

And even then, I'm unsure about putting spell speed 2 effects on Field Spells, which mechanically are Spell speed 1. Although there is Rainbow Ruins as precedence, it has not got any update on its text, and it can be seen as the big exception since so far it's the only Field Spell with a spell speed 2 effect.

That aside, the entire set looks bland, IMO. It's just cookie-cutter effects and destruction, and yet I don't see that they can even synergize with the dino babies. Heck, you can even shortcut into the boss through Double Evolution Pill and outright skip its Summoning requirements. Really, the only thing personally I find interesting about this set is the Volcano and the support for "Volcanic Eruption".

Last cards are up!

New Cards:

Jurassic World Anchisaurus

Jurassic World Dimorphodon

Jurassic World Metriorhynchus

Jurassic World Theory

Jurassic World Extinction

You forgot to fix the thing about the (Quick Effect) clauses in Field Spells.

Also, just noticed Stegosaurus will work from your own destruction effects. Some cards looks good enough, after all. I lean towards a variant focused on Volcano and Eruption.

Archived