Yu-Gi-Oh! - Calamity of the Virtual World [OOC/Always Accepting/M-15/Probably looking for a co-host]

A successor to the many Virtual World RPs run by @, to which I had been a part of many.

iU8EggM.png

Plot

iU8EggM.png

It is 20XX the future, and the world is Yu-Gi-Oh! mad. Dunno why, it just is. But the latest hit thing is Duel Monsters VR, an entire virtual realm for people to duel in, because doing it in reality wasn't fun enough. DMVR boasts an enormous variety of features, including weekly, monthly, and yearly tournaments, dueling guilds, a wide array of avatar customization, and several expansive realms to explore, including: Wild West Prairies, Medieval Kingdom, SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!, and much much more. DMVR even boasts the ability to program in user data for their cards, allowing them to eject a whole realm of personality into their favourite monsters. You can even design your own cards that (after heavy consideration from an admin) you can use freely in your duels.

But all is not well. Recently, strange rifts have started appearing in DMVR, starting with one appearing in SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!, and then spreading from there. Even worse is that duels have begun to be contaminated with strange cards. These "Emptiness" cards replace certain cards in a player's deck, and are near useless as they either cause self-mill or some form of positive effect to your opponent. And once the duel is over, the card(s) is inexplicably gone, and your deck is fine.

With these strange occurrences, members of the mod team and a militia of the game's duelists is being formed to find the source of the rifts and The Emptiness, before... before... well, they don't know what will happen. All they know is "it's gonna be bad".

[spoiler=DA RURUS!]

1. All YCM Main Forum & RP Section rules apply.

2. What the Host(s) says go.

3. All duels should be scripted prior to posting them.

4. Custom cards are allowed.

5. No FTK/OTK style decks allowed.

6. Player Ranks higher than Player will be allowed based on Host consideration.

[spoiler=Setting]

dark-magician-girl-25973.jpg

Welcome to the wonderful world of Duel Monsters VR! Oh my, are you a new player? How wonderful! I am Dark Magician Girl, a Virtual AI here to help you with your account creation process. But first, a little introduction!

What you see before you is Duel Monster VR, the one and only online Yu-Gi-Oh! virtual reality system. With utilization of the Centaur Virtual Reality HelmetTM you are wearing, you have begun your first step into dueling with people all across the world! Isn't that exciting? I hope so. Oh, I see that look, and know it well. Don't worry new player, here in Duel Monsters VR you can access to any card you can imagine, including the ones you actually imagine too. With our revolutionary system, you have the entire library of cards made for the Duel Monsters game. However, player-made cards are only available to select individuals. Now with that said, how about we work on your account?

To prepare, all you have to do is assign yourself a username, and fill in your contact details. And don't worry, our revolutionary security systems have kept private data unhackable since the game's conception, and is being improved daily. Although just a warning, you may not get the username you want, but we will try to offer suggestions close to it. And no naughty language, children play this game too.

Now, once you're account information has been added, we can begin the real fun part: Deciding your Avatar! We have hundreds of base models to work with, and you can tweak your Avatar in almost every aspect. It's so exciting it can take a while to create the perfect Avatar, but it is worth it. From hair colour and design to eyes to even body proportions, there is so much you can do. And don't think you're bound to just one. As your duelist rank rises (and if your wallet is big enough) you can acquire additional Main Avatar Slots, and not only that but there are even specialty Avatars as well. Thanks to our Online Shop you can purchase with Duel Points or VR Coin Duel Monster-based avatars. So you can duel as your favourite Duel Monsters like Gagagigo or even yours truly. Furthermore, being in a top percentage of players in Tournaments can earn you Legacy Avatars. Why, you could even become the King of Games Yugi Moto! That's quite a rare Avatar too.

And now, once you've decided your first deck, you're ready to duel! Good luck to you new player! Good luck, and have fun!

W̸͇͔̺̲̭̰̎̔ḧ͇̱͖̠̮̬͝i̻͉̦͈̞̾̃̿l̹͕ͫͧ̋eͪ̐̅ͦͩ̂ͤ͜ ̡͗̃͑ͨ̋̑̌y̨̗̅ȯ̢̲͍̝͈͓̿̉ͪ͛u͕ ̏͑̇̿͑̽͏͖͕̠̙̤͕̲c̫͚͎͕̹͎͓ͯͮͮͩ̕a̛͔̯̣͎n̆̈́̊̔͋ͥ!̻̞̟̫͖͜

[spoiler=Master Rule 3.5]

Master Rule 3.5 utilizes the Zones placements used up until Arc-V, however, the Extra Monster Zones still exist between the fields. The only monsters you can summon to the EMZ are Link Monsters, as Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters can be freely summoned to the Main Monster Zones. Link Monsters must first be Summoned to the EMZ, and from there you can only Link Summon Link Monsters in line with Link Markers, as per Master Rule 4.

[spoiler=Application]

[hr]
[center][b][u]Real Life Personal Information[/u][/b][/center]
[hr]
[b][u]Name:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Age:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Gender:[/u][/b]
[hr]
[spoiler=IRL Appareance]
How your player appears in real life. Use of an image is recommended. Minimum 4 lines.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]
2 paragraphs minimum.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Biography]
1 paragraph minimum.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[center][b][u]VR Information[/u][/b][/center]
[hr]
[b][u]Username:[/u][/b]
[b][u]Player Rank:[/u][/b] Player
[spoiler=Avatar]
How your character appears in the virtual world. Use of an image is highly recommended. Minimum 4 lines.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[b][u]Deck:[/u][/b] A short description of your deck.

[b][u]Ace Cards:[/u][/b] The key card(s) of your deck.

[b][u]Custom Cards:[/u][/b] A link to your custom cards (if any). Delete if you're not using any.
[hr]
[u]Miscellaneous Information:[/u] Any additional info you wanna add to your character. Delete if you don't need it.

[spoiler=The Cast]

None yet

• 1 month later...

I just saw this thread whoops.

I know this is technically a necrobump, but I'm definitely interested either way. I've been really itching to RP lately and have always wanted to revisit this concept and world. This series of RPs was more or less my magnum opus on this site, and I reminisce about them rather often.

Let's do it. Let's make something amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If this is happening then sorry to say, I've lost interest. I'm not a fan of the whole Link mechanic and the deck idea I had gets completely screwed over by Links.

didn't broken put up rules which keep people from being screwed by links tho

anyways, if this is still a thing then probably gonna post a char soon, didn't get to do so before cos >exams

Archived