[DP] Petit Horn of Heaven (Summon Suppression, At One Low Price)

Black D'Sceptyr

petit_horn_of_heaven_by_bdsceptyr-dc8kyf

[spoiler=Petit Horn of Heaven: Info]

Counter Trap Card

Lore: When your opponent Summons a monster(s): Apply this effect, depending on the type of Summon conducted, and if you do, negate that Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster.

• Normal: Send 1 "Horn" Counter Trap from your hand or Deck to the GY, except "Petit Horn of Heaven". 
• Flip: Banish 1 Spell that is face-up on the field or in your GY.
• Special: Tribute 1 monster you control or discard 1 monster in your hand.

Simple and clean, huh?

Course, that's always how the Horns have been-but using 1 of each type of card to negate each type of Summon? From two different places but never the same two? Well. Guess that's a good way to cap off a Wednesday. 

Till next time folks, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BDS, signing off.

Let's see...

This outright outclasses Black Horn of Heaven because it has both a more flexible cost, and can hit multiple Summons.

Then, I find ironic how the cost for negating a Flip Summon is arguably the cheapest of the 3, and even rewarding if your opponent happens to control a face-up Spell, and yet a Flip Summon is the hardest Summon to execute. I doesn't feel fair to punish the opponent for successfully executing a Flip Summon with a Counter with a lessened cost. I would think it should be other way around to at least be fair with the opponent's effort.

All in all a mostly fair card IMO, even if it outclasses the Black Horn. But I suggest to change that bit about punishing the opponent harder for performing a Flip Summon.

But since it won't stop Summons by effect, the Solemns should remain as better picks than this.

Archived