D/D/D Links - Because D/D/D is like doing D/D/Drugs. [2/2]

Background Trivia:
Named after Carthage general Hannibal Barca though that's pretty obvious.
The card's Japanese name(s) are a play on the workplace title "Branch Chief" (支部長/Shibuchō) which can be read as "Overwhelming Death" (死武超/Shibuchō)
In this case the names are 「DDD死武超ハンニバル」and 「DDD死武大超ハンニバル」

zNl5Can.png

[spoiler=DDD Shibuchō Hannibaru]

2 "D/D" Monsters

When this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower "D/D" Monster in your GY; Special Summon it. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 monster this card points to; Special Summon, from your GY or Pendulum Zone, 1 "D/D" Monster with a different name than the destroyed monster, if you do, you cannot Special Summon for the rest of the turn, except Fiend-type monsters. Each effect of " D/D/D Overwhelming King Hannibal" can only be activated once per turn.

kb8qqs5.png

[spoiler=DDD Shibudaichō Hannibaru]

2+ “D/D” Monsters, including at least 1 “D/D/D” monster

When this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 “D/D/D” monster in your GY; Special Summon it to a Main Monster Zone this card points to. Once per turn: (Quick effect): You can target any number of monsters, up to the number of monstersthis card points to; Negate the effects of the targeted cards, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK for each of those targets. (These changes last until the End Phase) Each effect of “D/D/D Overwhelming High King Hannibal” can only be activated once per turn.

Well, someone had to do it.

A nitpick: Destroying a card as a cost isn't a thing yet. There are alternatives like making the destruction as part of the effect (e.g. Sky Iris, Dragonic Diagram).

Other than that, these look solid to me. But I'm no expert on D/Ds so I can't accurately tell how good they actually are for the archetype.

They look pretty decent, I agree with darj, destruction by cost doesnt exist (as far as I know). I feel a little unecessary the fiend summon clause on little hannibal but better safe than sorry. However i would change the on-summon effect on little hannibal for ar ignition effect (kinda like RR vanishig lanius), so you have the option to choose when to summon since most likely you want to summon this and genghis to start the spamming

I wasnt aware it cant be a cost, I suppose removing the semicolon fixes it?

Kind of. You would still to make a couple more of edits. Something like:

Once per turn: You can destroy 1 monster this card points to, and if you, Special Summon, from your GY or Pendulum Zone, 1 "D/D" Monster with a different name than the destroyed monster, and if you do that, you cannot Special Summon for the rest of the turn, except Fiend-type monsters.

Archived