Arthknight (written)

Arthknight

Once per Duel during your Battle Phase if you only have one Monster, Spell and Trap Card in your hand: when this card declares an attack you may select and reveal a random card from your hand. You can activate 1 of these effects below according to the Card Type you revealed:

Spell: Decrease the ATK of this card by 800 before damage step.

Trap: Decrease the ATK of the targeted monster by 500 before damage step.

Monster: Increase the ATK of this card by 100 x Level of revealed monster in your hand.

ATK: 1500 DEF:1900 4 star Warrior-type Water-attribute

As you’re aware there are ton of mistakes here, I haven’t been on here in years. Also anyone know why my picture won’t appear on yugioh Card, this is why I wrote written effect. (When I’m logged out the pictures do upload to yugioh Card)

Once per Duel during your Battle Phase if you only have one Monster, Spell and Trap Card in your hand: when this card declares an attack you may select and reveal a random card from your hand. You can activate 1 of these effects below according to the Card Type you revealed:

Spell: Decrease the ATK of this card by 800 before damage step.

Trap: Decrease the ATK of the targeted monster by 500 before damage step.

Monster: Increase the ATK of this card by 100 x Level of revealed monster in your hand.

As you’re aware there are ton of mistakes here, I haven’t been on here in years. Also anyone know why my picture won’t appear on yugioh Card, this is why I wrote written effect. (When I’m logged out the pictures do upload to yugioh Card)

The picture upload function's been busted for the past 6 months, and likely has something to do with where member stuff is saved. Everyone else who's logged in has this problem; not just you. 

But yeah, if this is a monster card (which I assume it is); you need to provide its stats and all. 

Also, this got moved to Casual Cards because lack of the design intent required for Advanced (where this was originally posted). I will move it back if you provide this. 

Lack of design? What does that mean?

I have included it’s stats below effect

There's a requirement that those posting in there must provide a short summary of what this card is intended to be doing in the game. Some things that can be written can be "how can this card be used in the current gamestate", "what incentive does it have to be run compared to commonly used tech cards like hand traps", etc. 

In Casual, you'll still get proper replies, but it's geared for a lighter atmosphere where this can thrive better.

=====

Right now, this card's effect is once per Duel, but overall, it isn't that great to be warranting it. 

Why would you want to reduce this card's ATK when it attacks? Unless there's some hidden combo I'm missing that can just reverse the damage to the opponent (or if you want to mitigate damage from Magic Cylinder or something if your attack backfires), not seeing it. Other two effects are fine, but they reduce to simple stat alteration, which current Yugioh has moved away from for the most part. 

Also, does the effect trigger when you have EXACTLY 1 of each card type in your hand? If so, then this card isn't going to be triggering at all, given current composition of Decks and stuff. (A lot of Decks are skimping on Traps nowadays because they're slow, and it's mostly going for a vast monster majority).

I think this just for old fashion decks hahaha, I don’t know much about modern yugioh, I stopped at synchro. Well the idea behind it was to have a chance of selecting 10 star monster or something like that, so if you have 1-4 spells/traps, just set the ones you need, and that leaves you with spell, trap and monster in your hand. I couldn’t make attack higher, if I made it 1800 this monster would get 2300 attack potentially if trap is revealed or even more if a monster is revealed in your hand by its effect. Which is high probability since you’ll have 2/3 of positive effects, however I guess it’s casual Card. So essentially you could get a free 2300 attack or more monster if conditions are right enough, which can happen.

i get the idea behind the card but unfortunatly the "once pre duel" clause renders its already situationnal effect totally useless 

I think this just for old fashion decks hahaha, I don’t know much about modern yugioh, I stopped at synchro. Well the idea behind it was to have a chance of selecting 10 star monster or something like that, so if you have 1-4 spells/traps, just set the ones you need, and that leaves you with spell, trap and monster in your hand. I couldn’t make attack higher, if I made it 1800 this monster would get 2300 attack potentially if trap is revealed or even more if a monster is revealed in your hand by its effect. Which is high probability since you’ll have 2/3 of positive effects, however I guess it’s casual Card. So essentially you could get a free 2300 attack or more monster if conditions are right enough, which can happen.

hum sorry but i think that even during the GX era this card wouldn't have been run because if you fail on its effect you just blow up your monster and the positives aspects are really situationnal i mean having a 2300 attack monster wasn't that big of a deal but the conditions are way too random 

my advice : get rid of this OPD effect make it OPT, also either give better effects to your card like depending on wich card was revealed apply a positive  effect (like i don't know; monter destroy 1 monster at the end of the damage step, trap/spell : destroy/banish a trap/spell card on the field ) or make its conditions easier (instead of having one monster, trap and spell => have at least 3 cards in your hand) 
this way your card could gain in viability (even though i wouldn't run it)

You must know that this is once per duel, because that buff is permanent, so if it was per turn, you’d get continuous buff. You have 2 cards in your hand that give you effect you want, and one spell can ruin that. This card is a risk card, and designed to be intellectually used. It’s effect is double sided sword, but if you’re smart enough to setup situation where you have 7 - 10 star in your hand with trap and spell in your hand. You could get at least 2300 attack. Don’t forget it has 1900 def, so if you don’t wanna attack, just use it as defence shield. This card is causal

As I said before, you can have 3-5 spell/traps, set the ones you want, leaving you with one trap and spell. Also you might have 2+ monsters in your hand, but it’s easy to set it up so that you have 1 monster in your hand.

Archived