[CYHO] Mekk-Knight of the Morning Star

6e403ef4.jpg?resize=207%2C276&ssl=1

CYHO-JP045  Myoujou no Jack Knight (Mekk-Knight of the Morning Star)
Link 2 LIGHT Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 monsters, including a “Mekk-Knight” monster
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can discard 1 “Mekk-Knight” monster or 1 “World Legacy” card; add 1 “World Legacy” card from your Deck to your hand.
(2) While this card is in the Monster Zone, “Mekk-Knight” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle with monsters in a different column from them, and you take no battle damage from those battles.

====

So yeah, Mekk-Knights got themselves a Link 2 of their own and much easier to go into for laddering for World Scars / Spectrum. Also easier for them to summon using generic techs you find appropriate.

Not a Psychic though, but...Spectrum isn't either. 

https://ygorganization.com/cyhogalacticbrains/

(You can also check Maxut if you'd like to see them for yourselves while YGOrganization is translating them.)

What's with that Monster Zone clause? Is it meant to be Main or Extra?

Thank goodness Spectrum said 2+, otherwise this card would lose its versatility. The searching is a complete and utter GODSEND for my pure-Mekk Knight deck. Don't think it has much use in Mekk-Knight Invoked, as they generally go for 2 Mekk-Knights at any one time. One banished, true but...still super glad Mekk-Knight has a little bit more punch.

Seems to be the Main Monster Zone (though I gotta check how they differentiate it in Japan from the Extra Monster Zone; if they just keep it the same as-is from ARC-V or not). 

First effect is nice for searching the Traps and stuff (idk if they actually run their corresponding World Legacy monster, so...) At least Horizon can retrieve it too so you can SS it. Battle protection is nice, I suppose (though you have to either have a linked zone or revive it by some way if the above is true). If it applies to both MMZ and EMZ, then that makes it better. 

Will need to test run it because haven't touched them in a while due to technical difficulties with the program I would like to be using. Also Avram counts as a valid material for this, so you are less reliant on having to do the column spam thing.

What's with that Monster Zone clause? Is it meant to be Main or Extra?

Thank goodness Spectrum said 2+, otherwise this card would lose its versatility. The searching is a complete and utter GODSEND for my pure-Mekk Knight deck. Don't think it has much use in Mekk-Knight Invoked, as they generally go for 2 Mekk-Knights at any one time. One banished, true but...still super glad Mekk-Knight has a little bit more punch.

Org translations don't use proper OCG. Chances are it just means "Monster Zone" so you know it doesn't work while it's being treated as spell by another card's effect (for whatever reason). It will probably make more sense in the proper, official translation; these are always quick and dirty.

Well this is not half bad if you ask me, being able to get their Spells/Traps more reliably is great, even if you have to get something out in the first place, so not sure how that really figures, but hey, you can use non-Mekk Knights as well to Summon it, so that opens up things. Another monster, so if you really want to use the nuke, it became easier again.

Don't think it has much use in Mekk-Knight Invoked, as they generally go for 2 Mekk-Knights at any one time. One banished, true but...still super glad Mekk-Knight has a little bit more punch.

Well, Invocation allows for you to banish monsters from either players' GYs, so you could very easily use Aleister and a Mekk-Knight for this, and then activate Invocation to get out Mechaba or something.

But definitely what the Deck needed, in addition to Memory.

Don't think it has much use in Mekk-Knight Invoked, as they generally go for 2 Mekk-Knights at any one time. One banished, true but...still super glad Mekk-Knight has a little bit more punch.

Well, this card adds the continuous trap card that can revive and negate monster effect, while this card can easily replace the aleister link monster. Anyways, this card is amazing and suggests teching mekk-knights to use this to search the world legacy monster reborn.

This looks really good IMO. As mentioned before, in Mekkinvoked variants Aleister can be used as material for its Summon instead of going for Meltdown. The second effect looks deceptively good, and the first one, well, as mentioned above, is great for fixing hands and grabbing the stun Legacy Spell/Traps. If anything, I wish the first effect didn't require a specific discard so you could makeshift a semi-splashable engine of sorts by teching a Mekk-Knight to access this.

It's worth pointing out that this card can use Seraphinite as a material, which is pretty snazzy for solidifying those plays.

Also worth pointing out is the artwork. I noticed how empty its left arm looks and how he holds it as if he's holding a shield, its status as a machine, and the way it looks somewhat... bear in appearance. It had me thinking that this is some sort of husk that would wear the World Legacy pieces, but then again World Legacy Armor DID have some prominent hands on its design, something missing from this card.

This looks really good IMO. As mentioned before, in Mekkinvoked variants Aleister can be used as material for its Summon instead of going for Meltdown. The second effect looks deceptively good, and the first one, well, as mentioned above, is great for fixing hands and grabbing the stun Legacy Spell/Traps. If anything, I wish the first effect didn't require a specific discard so you could makeshift a semi-splashable engine of sorts by teching a Mekk-Knight to access this.

Well, as it stands you just need the two searchers: Purple and Azure. Either Azure search Purple Summon Morning Star discard Purple OR Open Purple search Azure search Purple etc.

The one thing I do love about this card is that now not only is it easier to get the Field Spell's hand/ED wipe, you can use this card instead of banishing their Link 3, meaning you still have a decent field after using it.

It's worth pointing out that this card can use Seraphinite as a material, which is pretty snazzy for solidifying those plays.

Accidentally stole this meme.

I'm really excited that world legacy is starting to really come together. Mekk specifically is lore-wise linked to the world legacy and this searching world legacy cards is both strong in that particular aspect and also just good for its specific deck. I really hope Konami commits more to World Legacy and we see an actual deck form, because as it stands it's a big toolbox atm.

Archived