[CYHO] Bankbook of Prediction

Kinda a 3-turn Shard of Greed without the potential to be MST-negated (or Ash-Forehead-ed).  This... is the kind of card that expresses what I was trying to go with in this topic that I... probably didn't convey all that well.  Essentially, how powerful can you make a delayed effect?  That trap version of Monster Reborn falls under a similar umbrella.  These kinda of cards are given a delay and, well, I don't think a deck could use this is the current day despite its effect.

That said, I kinda want to build some kind of Card of Demise deck that can take advantage of this card fully.  This + Demise don't bump heads since this is always activatable and you can't win on the turn you activate Demise anyway (which puts you through 1 Standby Phase of waiting with this card).

Definitely an interesting card, though the only decks to really take advantage of this are decks that stall.

As mentioned above Card of Demise helps this card as Demise often leaves one with more resources than one needs and games do not always end that fast ... it is just that one usually loses control of the own resources and board and then loses, which means that this card might be better than expected (given that it is half a new hand and a +2 to get that).

This card sounds fun. I bet it'll be rarity bumped to secret like Shard did.

Overall this set is turning out to be full of amusing cards. I like it.

It sounds a bit slow for competitive but not too slow as to have nobody try to sneak a build trying to use it somewhere. 

The time waited is a pretty heavy toll but other than that the card itself just asks you to activate it... no discards and no being prone to removal.

So, if you play this turn 1, you will get the cards, and that's great.

But what if you draw this turn 5?

The problem with this is that it is the deadest dead draw ever. When you want it, it's fantastic, but when you don't, you may as well have been time sealed.

Shall we edit the definition of "early game card" to this card?

Normally, I'd be opposed to a card like this based on theory alone, but theory isn't everything. That time delay and the time this card is drawn, as Giga pointed out, ultimately determines the strength of this card in spite of its +2 potential. In essence, you better know what you are doing if you add this card to your Deck.

Archived