Sun Deities True Form - Ra

Thomas★Zero

30kucyq.png

So this card acts as a Evolution of Ra which incorporates the LP to ATK effects of RA where when this is first summoned it turns your LP to 4000 which if your LP are less than 4000, e.g. through the effect of the Winged Dragon of Ra if it was summoned normally it will be handy. Then twice per turn it can either increase its ATK by reducing your LP or increase your LP by reducing its ATK.

In Ra focused decks this evolution will bring a game changing presence to the field where your victory quite assured.

(Also checking the rules on Divine Monsters it seems okay to make evolution/variants on the Egyptian god cards, but if this violates any rules am not aware of let me know.)

Well, I did tell you that it'd be fine to make an Obelisk retrain with its ATK gain thing; assuming you don't modify the stats/Level. The evolution-type thing was one of the things up for DISCUSSION in that other thread, and not actually in effect yet. (I will update the rules in Advanced if a decision to change it is made.)

So yeah, at the moment, you do have to keep evolutions like this in Casual (retrains/erratas are still fine). Once a decision is made on how to address it, then this (among other evolutions, possibly) should be permitted in Advanced. 

====

Though, I'll drop a review. 

At least it's generally accurate to anime Ra (sans the God Phoenix thing + absorbing the ATK/DEF of its Tributes [but you're "evolving" this from OG one), so...it works fine.

Issue being is that original Ra itself still requires 3 Tributes to summon b/c Konami somehow sheet on its entire flavor of being SS'd. I mean, it's probably helpful if you couldn't use Ra to OTK after cutting your LP to 100 for its power boost and restoring your LP, but that's about it. (Uh, remind me if anyone's actually managed to win with it at any point in time since release)

Targeting/destruction immunity helps, though you know it's still vulnerable to everything else (including Kaijus, but that applies to everything). But yeah, you technically have to go through 4 monsters to even access this (well, and actually have Ra NS'd and all for you to even go into this).

Speaking of which, where are you summoning this from?

I suppose from the wording it could also be summoned from the removed from play pile and the graveyard. tho i don't know about the deck. plus i might be wrong. 

He clarified in the last post that it's from the hand; should've been edited into the OP (but yeah, sometimes it helps to look through the other replies). 

Archived