Yugiball (full art Dragon Ball cards) - Huge Update: almost 300 cards, simulator, discussion group

des&angel

Hi everybody, dunno if you remember me, I am the guy who created Yugiball. Approximately 1 year ago I started a thread on this forum, where I introduced Yugiball. You can check it out here --> https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/362811-yu-gi-ball-when-yu-gi-oh-and-dragon-ball-meet-fan-project/?do=findComment&comment=6996754 <--

Yugiball has grown so much since this January. We now have almost 300 cards (250 released, 50 to release) and a simulator to play the game! Sounds crazy doesn't it? I don't wanna put 300 pics in this very thread, it's gonna be painful just to upload all of them, but I'll link a DropBox folder here below  where you can look at all the cards we've published so far --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nvwdpu1n20c5scg/AAAPzyLMA577dfdiFviGu2iOa?dl=0 <--

I was talking about a simulator earlier. Yes we have it, it's open source of course and it's called Lackey.  I'll explain to you how to download it and play Yugiball.

1) Download Lackey for your OS (PC exclusive, we're working for an Android port but it's complicated): http://www.lackeyccg.com/downloads.html

2) Extract the folder where you fancy

3) Open the folder LackeyCCG, then run LackeyCCG.exe (you do not have to install anything)

4) Open the plugin tab inside the program, then paste this link

http://yugiball.altervista.org/updatelist.txt

into the string you see, then click on "Install or Update from URL"

5) Open the Deck Editor tab and scroll through all the cards to download the pictures

6) Build your Deck and save it.

7) Open the preference tab and give yourself a username

8) Open the server tab and connect to the server. Once you're logged in, you may see different colors associated to different usernames. Here's a quick explanation:

Grey: the host is playing a different game (i.e. has a different plugin than yours)

Black: the host has the same plugin that you're running, but the room is full and spectators are not allowed

Blue: the host has the same plugin that you're running, but the room is full; however, spectators are allowed

Green: the host has the same plugin that you're running and there are seats available: you can duel

Red: the host has a different version of the plugin that you're running. Make sure to update it (i.e. redo step 4). If the issue persists, then the host may have not updated their plugin to the latest version

9) Once you've joined a room, go back to the Deck Editor tab, click on "Load entire deck to you" and start playing

10) Enjoy! Please remember this is a manual simulator. You will have to manually "activate" the effects, which means it's gonna feel like a real life duel

If you have any questions, message me, even though I suggest you to join our Telegram group (@yugiballgroup), in which we discuss about cards that are still to be published/created, and, more importantly, about the simulator. We essentially organize the duels there.

Very well done sir! The template is nice, grammar is pretty much perfect to match the current, and its cool to see someone take the time to edit the images to stand out more.
I read EVERY card already. Tons have the same effects of existing Yugioh cards. Do you intend to have this be completely separate from basic Yugioh, or do you allow crossplay?
For my game, it allows crossplay, BUT you can't mix Yugioh and Dragon Ball cards in the same deck. I also have my own ban list and set of added-on rules. Also, I made some of my own OCG (original card grammar) changes to make as little text as possible needed (like how they changed Graveyard to GY). Haven't uploaded many of the changed cards yet, but they have a new template and stuff. Only annoying thing is that I couldn't include Toriyama's name next to Takahashi's in the copyright section.

I'm still trying to make every card effect have something that will remind you of the specific situation that happened during that scene/what the character did/etc.

Here's a sample of what I mean:

w2JyZLw.jpg

4ozv0jy.jpg

8H32oVD.jpg

Sorry for double post*

Since this forum is pretty much dead, we should friend each other on Facebook to stay in contact better. We can share our cards as they are created.
I'm about 20 cards ahead of what's on my threads, and in the yearly process of redoing ALL my cards again (this time with a new template).

I'm Ty Collins on Facebook (pic is ginger guy with 2 women, one young. all dressed nice).

I suggest you to use Grezar's templates, they are more customizable. I've tried to do the same as you said: some of my cards' effects are indeed inspired by their respective anime references. I do not intend to allow crossovers, it's just... Yugiball, you play with the cards I've created: I have more control on the meta, I can nerf/buff cards, limit/semilimit them, etc. It's a shame the forum is not that active though, it has so much potential.

Archived