[AGM/Written/Repost] Bounty Hunter: Eyes on the Attribute! (11/11)

Dova

[spoiler=Prompt]

The Bounty Hunters are a set of Warriors with various attributes (mostly DARK) based around your opponent controlling certain Attributes. They all have the effect of "When this card destroys a (insert attribute) monster by battle, you can draw 1 card." They also have effects that let you change your opponent's monsters attributes, and one of their S/T support cards lets you summon a Bounty Hunter whose attribute is the same as a monster on the field once a turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]My original set was very simple, and this is perhaps one of my more subtle reworks; the original Bounty Hunters didn't have their searching/SSing third effects before, just their on-battle destruction and their on-battle support effects. The Spells/Traps similarly didn't have their GY effects, merely their on activation effects. As it stood, it wasn't even really an engine or functioning archetype; they barely had a means to get over big monsters, some of the Main Deck monsters were really underwhelming, and all in all it was an Ice Barrier level archetype, even with Bounty Placement.

Even now, their reliance on battle and each other makes them very vulnerable if you brick; they don't even really have combos, just you hoping to open Bounty Placement or Target Assistance and Sumsaa. I also decided to throw in a little Warrior genericness to allow for at least some splashing, although I'm wondering if we might have a second Zaphyros with Xinj.

Nothing really much to say in regards to flavour. Spells/Traps are on the nose, and I can't remember why I named the monsters what I did. I had a habit of using google translate to design monsters back in the day, so maybe that's why they all look so weird. I also modulated their Level a bit, not enough to hurt their ATK too much, but enough I feel that they are a little more interesting to look at.

[spoiler=Monsters: (7)]Bounty Hunter Teff
DARK - ✪✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1700/1000

If you control another “Bounty Hunter” monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in Attack Position. When this card destroys a LIGHT monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can declare 1 Attribute, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster becomes that Attribute. 

Bounty Hunter Sumsaa
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1800/200

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 “Bounty Placement” from your Deck to your hand. When this card destroys a DARK monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn, if you control another face-up “Bounty Hunter” monster: You can declare 1 Attribute; all face-up monsters your opponent controls become that Attribute, until the end of this turn. 

Bounty Hunter Thades
WIND - ✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1400/1200

When this card destroys an EARTH monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. If a “Bounty Hunter” monster you control attacks an opponent’s monster, at the start of the Damage Step: It gains ATK equal to the ATK or DEF of the monster it is battling, whichever is higher, until the end of this turn. If a "Bounty Hunter" monster you control deals battle damage to your opponent: You can Tribute it; Special Summon 1 "Bounty Hunter" monster with a different name to that Tributed monster to your side of the field. You can only use this effect of this card's name.

Bounty Hunter Nolcaf
EARTH - ✪✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1900/200

When this card destroys a WIND monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. If a “Bounty Hunter” monster you control attacks or is attacked by an opponent’s monster, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. (Quick Effect): You can discard this card, then target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and 1 face-up Warrior monster you control; your monsters gains ATK equal to the ATK of that opponent’s monster until the end of this turn.

Bounty Hunter Xinj
FIRE - ✪✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 2000/0

When this card destroys a WATER monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn, if this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: It can attack once again in a row. This card cannot attack unless you control another Warrior monster(s). You can return 1 Warrior monster you control to the hand; Special Summon this card from your GY to your field in Attack Position. You can only use this effect of this card’s name once per turn.

Bounty Hunter Dolc
WATER - ✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1500/500

When this card destroys a FIRE monster by battle, you can draw 1 card. Monsters destroyed by battle with Warrior monsters you control are shuffled into the Deck instead of going to the GY. Once per turn: You can add 1 “Bounty Hunter” monster from your Deck to your hand, with a different Attribute to all monsters you control.

Bounty Hunter Naeb
DARK - ✪✪✪ - Warrior/Effect - 1600/100

When this card destroys a monster by battle with the same Attribute as all other monsters your opponent controls (min. 1), you can draw 1 card. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster becomes 1 Attribute of your choice. If a monster(s) your opponent control is destroyed by battle or a card effect while you control a Warrior monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps: (4)]Bounty Placement
Continuous Spell

Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 “Bounty Hunter” monster from your Deck with the same Attribute as the targeted monster in Attack Position.

Target Assistance
Normal Spell

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do: Special Summon 1 “Bounty Hunter” monster from your Deck with an Attribute different to the Attribute of every monster on the field in Attack Position. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 face-up monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK.

Predator and Prey
Quick-Play Spell

Target 1 face-up “Bounty Hunter” monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent’s cards or effects this turn, also it gains 500 ATK for each monster your opponent controls. If you control 2 or more Warrior monsters, this card’s activation is unaffected by your opponent’s cards or effects. If a “Bounty Hunter” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Hunting Mirror Force
Normal Trap

When an opponent’s monster declares an attack: Target 1 face-up monster you control; Send all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls to the GY, also the targeted monster is treated as having destroyed them by battle. You can banish this card from your GY; all “Bounty Hunter” monsters you control gain 500 ATK until the end of this turn.

CnC would be appreciated! ^^

Archived