Phantom of Chaos - Chaos Emperor Dragon?

So I made a banned deck just for shits and giggles and nostalgia. While testing it out on some bots seeing what I can do and what I can't and what not, I had a most interesting duel. In 4 turns I managed to burn nearly my entire deck and at the end, my plan was to load up field and hands as much as possible and then use Phantom of Chaos to take Chaos Emperor Dragon's effect and nuke for game as there was enough cards on the field to inflict 7500 damage - neato. Except... when I went to activate the nuke effect, the game simply wouldn't allow me to. I clicked on Phantom without any option to pay 1kLP and activate. I'm wondering why I couldn't do this. Is there something I'm missing? I've included a screenshot below. Because I couldn't activate the effect, the timer ended up running down and I lost. 

On a side note, is there a way to kill the timer when dueling bots? I like to be able to test out decks but not if while I'm reading the book long effects I end up losing because the timer ran out.

R23syYG.png

Probably because of OCG's Chaos Emperor Dragon's errata.

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; send as many cards from both players' hands and fields to the GY as possible, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card sent to your opponent's GY by this effect. You cannot activate other effects the turn you activate this effect.

Oh I thought I was still in TCG. That would explain it then. Hmmm

Update: So I just dueled again, this time I used the effect without using other ones and it went off, however, I know for a fact that 15 cards were sent to the GY with his effect and all it counted toward my opponent was 1800 damage. There appears to be some pretty off math here lol.

Oh I thought I was still in TCG. That would explain it then. Hmmm

Update: So I just dueled again, this time I used the effect without using other ones and it went off, however, I know for a fact that 15 cards were sent to the GY with his effect and all it counted toward my opponent was 1800 damage. There appears to be some pretty off math here lol.

if i recall, the new errata only burns for their sent cards, not yours.

Argh lol

Actually I'm not seeing that errata anywhere. http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Chaos_Emperor_Dragon_-_Envoy_of_the_End

It's updated under the Japanese lore on the erratas; not TCG because we haven't gotten a reprint of it with the new errata. Obviously, not translated there but it is on the main card page under "Japanese (Translated)". When TCG does get a reprint, should be updated.

To answer vla1ne's other post, yeah, it only burns for cards sent to the opponent's GY; not yours. Krow c/p'd the current effect earlier. 

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your GY, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; send as many cards from both players' hands and fields to the GY as possible, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card sent to your opponent's GY by this effect. You cannot activate other effects the turn you activate this effect.

Archived